Apropos of nothing... (OOC discussion thread about the game)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

I'll give it a go.
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Ooo...
I may just have to lurk after all if Iblis is going to play.
Niggle never could figure him out in Purgatory.
...and she was probably about to run in to a spot of trouble with him, if the game had continued.
Buriax
Servant of the Land

Post by Buriax »

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.

Buriax, at your service. *bows*

Although not literally, of course.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

I'll try. Got nearly no idea for now about what I'm going to do, but the discussions seem interesting at the least.

Also some Neil Gaiman here is interesting. And, if Sandman was one of the prototypes, I'm hardly the only one here who's read "Good Omens", or am I? If I am, I seriously recommend reading that one - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett together.
A role-player, beware
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

You're definitely not the only one. :lol:

And as for Sandman, Season of Mists is probably my favourite series.
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
--A
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Effaeldm wrote:I'll try. Got nearly no idea for now about what I'm going to do, but the discussions seem interesting at the least.

Also some Neil Gaiman here is interesting. And, if Sandman was one of the prototypes, I'm hardly the only one here who's read "Good Omens", or am I? If I am, I seriously recommend reading that one - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett together.
He didn't Fall, but sort of ambled generally downwards.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Avatar wrote:You're definitely not the only one. :lol:

And as for Sandman, Season of Mists is probably my favourite series.
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
--A
Thank you for your opinion and for liking stories like that. Though I didn't get from this if you've read Good Omens. But you probably haven't seen RHPS - after that "to absent friends" is really hard to say or hear/read without remembering some scene :twisted:
He didn't Fall, but sort of ambled generally downwards.
:biggrin: Though after the background about demons and redemption felt more like "Makes you wonder what He's really planning." and the discussion around :)

Redemption of souls by taking sin from them actually makes the demon princes a positive force, though, if so, the other parts could also be changed to fit. Here the demons were thrown down, but help the souls go up. After that, I certainly remembered the theory (I'll try to get the source, heard it retold) that Lucifer was really the first among the angels and took the most uneasy job that someone had to do.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Though I didn't get from this if you've read Good Omens
A quick browse in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section will show you that Avatar has read every book ever written! :lol:
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Don't mess with Av!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Stonemaybe wrote:
Though I didn't get from this if you've read Good Omens
A quick browse in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section will show you that Avatar has read every book ever written! :lol:
Hahahaha, not even nearly, to my eternal disappointment. But I have read Good Omens. :D

And I've seen RHPS. But I always associate that with Sandman. Guess which made more of an impact... :lol:

--A
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

I'd say an attempt at that (reading every book) is already worth a lot of praise :D

Reminded me of the scene in the "Pagemaster", when the librarian says it's possible to take only two books and gets something along the lines of "but I promised him (meaning the book)" as a reply. And the librarian understands.

About the impact - it's already a reason for much happiness when someone can at least mention that film without spitting boiling saliva, and anyway, opinions can be very different, even with the same person. On top of that, for me any strange and weird association is more likely than a serious one. Like when I see the "Iron Maiden" band mentioned, I always remember the attempt to translate it into Russian, though that one I saw on merely an internet encyclopedia. In approximate back translation that is "Made with an Iron".

That said, I seriously like Neil Gaiman's writing myself, though mostly short stories, "Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Nameless House of the Night of Dread Desire" is perhaps my favorite - I loved that one :grinlove: Well, my #1 pick out of Gaiman's stories is pretty much self-explanatory. Though I like others as well and don't really like the choosing and preferring thing at all.

I also like to re-read and re-watch everything I've found at least suspicious to look for more meanings and other things - eye often doesn't catch something important on various reasons.

By the way, there's an interesting sample here kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21046 - I wonder if that's really so hard to guess. Seemed to me quite clear even with the first clue only. I made this one for Sarge specifically, and he is deeply in the topics needed to guess, that is seen for sure from many of his topics and posts :biggrin: Can you tell me your opinion, please?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Okay folks, the IC threads are now open. Enjoy.

I'm told that the goatkiller666@christismybitch.com address is being flaky right now. Until I can get that fixed(I.e. - pay for it), please use my gmail account instead. It's the same beginning.

While it's not necessary to start harvesting sin, since you're in no danger of vanishing without it, please say something about what you do. I Muslims assuming that one does or does not harvest, if it's not specifically stated. If you don't harvest, just say so, that's all I ask. And by ask, I mean demand. On threat of punishment.
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

So deadline is Sunday 18th GMT? Are we doing public reveals?
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Pazuzu
Stonedownor

Post by Pazuzu »

I have no ideas for a reveal. We were, after all, told what our origins are, and they're all the same.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

You are correct, there's no "reveal" required. You may choose to post a "reveal-like" story about your first actions. In fact, you may choose to post similar stories every turn.

Or, you may choose to stay hidden.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

A few people have sent in turns already. Since this is the first turn, before I get to actually processing the turns, I thought I'd send out a quick note to those as a sanity check. If someone announces that they'll gather an army of succubi and attack some stronghold... there are no succubi yet, and there is no stronghold yet.. Not that anybody has put that in a turn, but you get my point. Before I actually process people's turns, I thought they should all at least be allowed to make sure they're not impossible or completely against the grain of what's in my head. Since I was so vague up front, I don't want that to put anyone at a disadvantage. You dig?

So, I'm finding limits in how the Watch does tables. I don't know HTML, but I'm tempted to learn, just so I can try to get the Those Who Are Known to not look so ghetto.

You may notice that there are more known than there are players. Some of them are players who wished to remain anonymous. Some are NPCs I've made. Just to make the landscape a little more interesting.

And finally, the Christ Is My Bitch account is working again, but the company that was hosting it (for free) seems to have handed it off to another company, who is no longer allowing me to give them money in order to remove the restrictions from it. So, I have to use the web interface, and if I go two weeks without connecting, it'll delete all the messages, etc. So, I'm not sure that's really the way I want to be doing things. But, let's give it a try for now. There's just so much cool value to blasphemy, you dig?
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Maybe it will be better just to send the turns to the gmail account, or to both?
A role-player, beware
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Fine. I'll drop the vanity of using the dedicated blasphemous address just for this. Send to the gmail account; it's just easier.

I've been updating some of the existing canon posts. It wouldn't show up as new posts, since I was just editing what was there, so I thought I'd mention the changes here.

I added some pictures to the What is Known post, mostly just for flavor. And while I was working on map ideas and textual descriptions of the layers of Hell, I kind of came to the conclusion that at this point, there are no clear layers. There is Hell. Divisions like layers and varying types of sin going to one place or another are all arbitrary things to be added by you guys.

So, make your own borders, draw your own lines, and then fight over them. Perhaps there are 9 levels, perhaps there are millions. The only clear distinction at this point is that some souls are made to suffer, and others aren't. So there are clearly two areas right now: Limbo and not-Limbo.

Also, it has been suggested that the fact that Shouting can be heard by all the souls of Hell would tend to limit role-playing. So, let us say that souls are too embroiled in their own suffering to be aware of anything going on past that. They have no meta-knowledge of Hell as a place or of the sin being removed from them.
Sonneillon
Servant of the Land

Post by Sonneillon »

Goatkiller666 wrote:So, make your own borders, draw your own lines, and then fight over them. Perhaps there are 9 levels, perhaps there are millions. The only clear distinction at this point is that some souls are made to suffer, and others aren't. So there are clearly two areas right now: Limbo and not-Limbo.
I have to write my turn over.

Stupid goatsucker.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Damn it. (Pun intended) When I put those pictures of the Pyramidhead guys as samples of generic demons... I just knew they were cool looking. I found them on somebody's deviantart pictures.

So, turns out the person was doing fan art of a character from the Silent Hill video games. I'm much less excited that there's a commercial background to it.

Feh.

Return to “Inferno”