How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Orlion wrote:Hope this qualifies And I'll continue to post bizarre things to dispel this gloom!
Oh gods I'd forgotten how much I love that song!

|G for Infelice and Kydene. On the positive side - you'll now experience the full range of human emotion (I've always found relationships to act as dampeners on my emotions) yeah ok this means the sh*t times are really really bad but it also gives you the opportunity for pure hedonistic blissful fun (that concern/thinking about a partner negates) and then there's new-love to look forward to, and no matter how good being in a relationship can be, that first bit is always the best!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

For Kaydene: |G

Late last night, I finished the scrapbook for my sabbatical travels. Which I don't expect for anyone to be excited about but me. ;) Going back to work in less than two weeks. Bah. :evil:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Infelice wrote: Bah... what doesnt kill us makes us stronger or something, no??
Over the weekend, I saw a movie that said, "that which doesn't kill us makes us want to die."

Good luck with that. 6 years is a while. I have two pieces of advice - 1 - it might take at least 6 months to a year to feel normal again, and - 2 - watch out for your randiness. One of my sisters gave me the first piece of advice, and my other sister gave me the second. It's amazing how horny you get after a breakup of a long term relationship. I still can't figure that one out.

And hugs to Kaydene as well.
Last edited by Cagliostro on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

{{{Kaydene}}}
|G
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Bleh. Back at work after a long weekend. :( At least it'll be a short week.

--A
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles. How about this for cheerful news... did I mention I finally got promoted? :)

It's not at the branch I wanted (which is located just 5 minutes from my place), but rather at the branch I currently work at (75 minute commute). Still, it's the same position I wanted, so I'm enjoying that :)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Congratulations, Rigel!

Ok, an electron(A) calls his buddy electron and asks him what he's doing. The buddy replies that he's just driving along the orbital way at at about 55 mph. The electron(A) replies, "Cool... so where are you at right now?" To which his buddy replies, "Well...uh...I'm not certain..."

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I'll go hide now...
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Okay, Orlion, liberal arts major here. You'll have to explain that joke to me. :(

Rigel: Congrats on the promotion! :clap:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

certain=positive?
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Stonemaybe wrote:certain=positive?
Nerdier.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Okay, and I did not major in fnord arts either (totally forgot! :lol:).

EZ Board Survivor

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

All those in the middle of breakups, I suggest some popcorn mixed with peanut m&m's and netflix on demand for a nice viewing of "Better Off Dead" starring John Cusack. I learned the popcorn and m&m thing from my friend Terry. Whenever we go to the movies she gets the popcorn and then lightly salts and butters it then pours peanut m&m's that she smuggles in her bag right into the popcorn and mixes it around. Make sure you have napkins though, the m&m's get slightly melty from the heat of the popcorn and melted butter but the melt gets on the salty popcorn and the salt gets on the m&m's a bit and it's more addictive than crack.

I had a rough day at work. My work area was trashed when I came in. I spent the better part of the morning cleaning up so I could attempt to get to my reorganization ongoing never ending project. Didn't happen. I got busy. Then I had a difficult customer. He wanted to know how much to print business cards, I went into my spiel. Turns out he had a meeting in fifteen minutes and wanted double sided full color printed instantly. I explained to him about the pulling problem my color printer currently has and that the tech has not been out to fix it yet. He wanted me to print him a test copy right away. I did. He then complained that it wasn't in color. I started to correct him and he wanted to argue. I looked at him and said, "You know what? Just take the ones I printed you and go to your meeting." He then got all huffy and started saying he didn't mean not to pay and I said, "Look, I've got a lot of jobs ahead of yours that I need to finish and I can't spend time manipulating your files for color and saturation and trying to compensate for the pull by rotating the images etc. when you are not going to be happy with less than perfection on the spot. Please just take your cards and good luck with your meeting." He started to argue and I told him, "Our same day cards are only guaranteed if you drop them off before noon and pick them up after six pm. Obviously your files are not converting well with the software I have and are going to need special attention which I can't give to you right now. I'm sorry. Perhaps Copy Central can help you, around the corner on Market. Good luck with your meeting." and walked away. He will probably write a letter of complaint but I really don't care. I'm tired of explaining to people that they can't expect printing press quality on a commercial printer and have instant gratification. If they want perfection it must be printing press, if they want instant gratification they have to live with the printer limitations. I also got a bit pissy with my boss today on more than one thing. Late in the day he calls when I am already off the clock knowing I'm probably stuck late yet again and makes me put an order through for his personal self. I was pissy about it and his response was, "You should get used to it, I make all my managers do shit like this." and I responded, "Then you should be paying me manager wages and giving me manager hours. You are not. I have a good mind to hang up the phone on you and refuse to do anything else for you until you do." He was actually contrite. Which made me suspicious so I made a snide comment about being on speaker phone while he and another manager listen to my boss make me his slave bitch. Then he joked that it was true and I was like, "Not laughing. Not pleased." I seriously should have faked pain and milked that fall for all it could have been worth. I'm such a dumbass.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Orlion wrote:Ok, an electron(A) calls his buddy electron and asks him what he's doing. The buddy replies that he's just driving along the orbital way at at about 55 mph. The electron(A) replies, "Cool... so where are you at right now?" To which his buddy replies, "Well...uh...I'm not certain..."
Nerdier.
Sorry Stone, but Orlion is definitely being nerdier than a simple certain = positive joke, although that's an admirable take on how this would be a joke.

This is an application of the Uncertainty Principle that says that the more precisely the position of a subatomic particle is known, the less can be known about its momentum...and vice versa. If the electron knows it is moving at 55 mph (way slow for an electron!), it cannot know where it is.

This principle is attributed to Werner Heisenberg (and is the basis of his Nobel in Physics), but Bohr, Einstein and Schrödinger all had a hand in the development and acceptance of this theoretical model.

(No, I am not a scientist...just an overeducated -- and currently unemployed -- geek.)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw

Post by Avatar »

Orlion wrote:
Nerdier.
In quantum mechanics, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle states that certain pairs of physical properties, like position and momentum, cannot both be known to arbitrary precision. That is, the more precisely one property is known, the less precisely the other can be known.
[Edit: Oh...Savor Dam got there first. :lol: )

--A
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I just looked at my bank account and I have 47 bucks to live on to last me until not this friday but next. It sucks to be working part time for less than half the pay you made at your old job. Cashed out my 401 plans to pay for rent a long time ago. I am about to sell my family heirlooms for rent. Next step is streets. Not really sure how to break into the prostitution ring without a pimp and a crack addiction and prior knowledge. Anyone have any hints?
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Cagliostro wrote: I have two pieces of advice - 1 - it might take at least 6 months to a year to feel normal again
I've never really felt normal my entire life, so maybe I might achieve it within the year ;)
2 - watch out for your randiness.
The most furtherest thing from my mind at this time and I dont anticipate a change in that any time soon :|

Thanks for the advice Cag :)

I might try me some of Jen's popcorn and m&m therapy with a bucket of icecream or something ;)

Best wishes to Kaydene. Hope youre feeling better sometime soon.

OMG Jen I just read your last post. I feel like a schmendrick for wallowing in self pity. Isnt there any form of social help you can get or something?? Any family who can help out?
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Infelice wrote:
2 - watch out for your randiness.
The most furtherest thing from my mind at this time and I dont anticipate a change in that any time soon :|

Thanks for the advice Cag :)
Very welcome. Oh, and one last piece of advice -
3 - Don't tell your ex about #2. I was the dumped and I mentioned this to the ex, and she wanted to talk about this every time we spoke with each other. I offered to help, but...y'know....
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Hugs all around. |G

And SD, thanks for the joke translation. I *never* would've gotten it...

EZ Board Survivor

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

aliantha wrote:And SD, thanks for the joke translation. I *never* would've gotten it...
Same here.
...still don't, actually
even with the explanation...

ah well.
Techie I am not.

Post by Avatar »

It's easy...in quantum physics, you can either know how fast a particle it travelling, or you can know where it is. Not both. If you know one, you can't know the other.

Oh...how do I feel? Exhausted. :D

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”