How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I am sorry to hear about all the thievin going on. That sucks. I've had my bike stolen on two separate occasions. :-(

I was feeling pretty good as I just found out the flowers, candy and teddy bear I had sent to my wife's desk at work just arrived and she was thrilled. Good Valentine's Day so far. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That's sweet.

I spent the morning having holes drilled in my head, which I opted to have done without anesthesia, as my insurance didn't cover it. My dentist recommended against that course, but I argued that it must be unnecessary if it wasn't covered.

It wasn't as bad as I expected, and I did save almost a thousand bucks.

Dental insurance sucks.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Sorus wrote:That's sweet.

I spent the morning having holes drilled in my head, which I opted to have done without anesthesia, as my insurance didn't cover it. My dentist recommended against that course, but I argued that it must be unnecessary if it wasn't covered.

It wasn't as bad as I expected, and I did save almost a thousand bucks.

Dental insurance sucks.
Hi I'm Sorus, welcome to Jackass!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

:LOLS:

I may regret this tomorrow, but it was unfortunately quite necessary. Therefore there really isn't any point in regretting it, but I'm still in the what-have-I-done stage. At any rate, it has to heal for 3 months before they can do the next bit, which is good and bad news - they originally said 6 months, so the bone damage isn't as bad as they'd initially thought, but I won't have as much time as I expected before the next big bill hits. I'm fairly convinced that the whole having-teeth thing is a scam of some sort, but the darn things are too useful.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ouch. I've done a few fillings without anaesthetic, but only when my dentist has told me that he can do it without.

I had a bike stolen once...I think I was about 12. Since then I've had mercifully few personal encounters with crime.

Feeling meh...so much work to do...and yesterday we found out that a random selection of DB entries for one of our tools broke some time earlier this month, so now I have to scramble to recreate them before too many people notice.

Gonna be a busy day...

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That sounds like fun.

As predicted, I am hurting today. On the list of side effects they neglected to mention, I have also completely lost my voice. That made for a fun day at work, especially since the guy I work with kept asking stupid questions, or at least questions with obvious answers.

Post by Avatar »

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...only took a few hours. Steps have been taken to prevent it in the future.

Today I have to go to a client meeting. Meh.

Losing your voice isn't too bad...whenever somebody talks to you just point at your throat and shake your head sadly. ;)

--A
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Woohoo! I have a routine checkup with the doctor today. Isn't that awesome? I bet he's going to remind me that I should schedule a colonoscopy. What fun. ugh.

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

aTOMic, you just reminded me that I need to schedule every imaginable poking, prodding, inspection, and injection known to woman while I'm in the States later this year. Great. Ah yes, and probably gotta get my boobs smashed as well. Awesome.

So a parent asked me to fill out a form online for her child at another school, where they will go next year, in Bulgaria. The school keeps sending me the link to the online form for her older brother. I have literally been emailing them for 10 days, and they keep emailing me back insisting that they sent the link. So today, they're like, I see you already filled it out and I'm really trying to be polite and tell them that no, I have not filled any form out because you people can't sort yourselves. Good grief. I'm ready to tell the parents to run away from the school, but it may be the only American school in Sofia.

Anyway. I am starting to look forward to our time in the States. I need the break from Nigeria.

I've kind of gotten into an exercise kick lately too. I hope it becomes a habit, because it has helped my health enormously! Yay!! I'm winning!!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Post by Avatar »

At least it's Friday. Been a rough week, and fixing to get rougher I guess. Oh well...such is life, n'est-ce pas? :D

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I hope everyone's appointments and whatnot went okay.

I am irked because some of the stitches in my mouth are unraveling and the bits of loose thread are driving me squirrelly because I'm the sort of person who feels a compulsion to pull them out, but simultaneously the sort of person who knows that would be a Bad Idea.

Post by Avatar »

Ho hum, Monday, here we go again.

I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out Sorus, had the same sort of thing...ended up pulling them out in a bar, accompanied by copious amounts of tequila, just a few days after the op. :lol: Ah, youth...

--A
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Ho hum is right.
Don't get me wrong. I have a great job that more than pays the bills with good benefits etc but after nearly two years working here I haven't made one "Hey how ya doin" friend and with out that the days are painfully long. Last year we asked for approval to add another CAD drafter to the department and dAN was going to be our first choice however the position was not approved for the 2017 budget. I've known dAN since we were around 6 years old and we've worked together a number of times but not this year. I've always managed to make a few friends at work but this place is tough. My immediate co-workers are nice enough and good, hard working people but I can only talk about fishing, hunting and working on trucks for only so long. Being a nerd has always had its disadvantages. I should be used to it. This is almost as bad as back when I used to work from home. For 9 hours a day I worked by myself with only the occasional skype session for human interaction until my wife got home. It was fun at first but then became quite dull. 8 hours felt like 16.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I'm in the same boat at work - actually think I reflected on that recently. Been in this job for 8 1/2 years now, which is mind-boggling all by itself, since it was supposed to be a temporary thing until I found something 'real'. I have nothing in common with any of my coworkers. They don't chat among themselves in English, so I'm completely left out of any bonding sort of activities. (Which doesn't really feel like a loss, since as I said, nothing in common anyway.) In all the time I've been there, I've worked with exactly one person that I was able to make enjoyable small talk with. And I resisted his overtures of friendship because I was never sure if he was asking me out on a date.

Post by Avatar »

Luckily I don't have that particular problem here. The nerd/geek/whatever is strong in this industry.

Nah, my problems are all client related. :lol:

--A
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Sorry you are dealing with similar issues, Sorus. It is a lonely work day. I'm always so eager to leave and it has nothing to do with the work itself.

You are lucky, Av.

Yeah, customer service is frequently taxing.
"Okay. I want you to turn your computer off and then on again and then tell me if the error message dialog box still pops up."
"I already turned it off and on again this morning."
"I know but I need you to do it one more time."
"I don't see how that is going to fix anything. I told you I already tried that this morning and it didn't go away. Can I talk to your supervisor? You don't know what you are doing."
"..........."
"Hello? I said get your supervisor or are you so incompetent that you can't even do that?"
"..........."

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It doesn't usually bother me because I don't have much downtime or time for chat. And it doesn't really bother me that I have a reputation for being too serious and 'not fun' - but there are times when the whole little clique thing gets old. I guess I tell myself that I'm there to work, not to make friends, but I kinda do miss having at least a nominal friend at work.

Post by Avatar »

Thank gods I'm a few levels above that particular nightmare. :D

This is more like "Why doesn't it do what I wanted it to do but never explained or asked for?" :lol:

--A

Post by Avatar »

Seriously? Not one GD post in the last 24? Where the hell was everybody? How are we going to hit 2 mil like this? :rant:

--A
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

We've already discussed every possible topic xD

Return to “General Discussion Forum”