How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sorry to hear it LuciMay.

Even after the site is gone, you'll be able to access it's last cached version on Google's cache servers for quite a while.

Here's the link: Cached Version in case you wanna visit sometime.

And this version, courtesy of the Wayback Machine, will be there forever:

Code: Select all

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.endustry.com
(Just copy and paste into a browser). But I don't think it'll include the pictures, so if there are any you want to save, you should do that while the original is still up.

--A
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

thank you Avatar. /hug
the wayback machine? thats cool! 8)

i am feeling a bit better after spending the evening workin on
my little hordie mage and hangin with the wow peeps.
they never fail to cheer me up. :)
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, the Web Archiving Program saves a copy of all public pages on the net (eventually) for purposes of a historical record. You can go and see what lot's of sites looked like at various times.

Here's a link to the main page of the Wayback Machine.

Glad you're feeling better. ;)

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Dammit...the world has lost another Guinness drinker. Sorry to hear it Luci...
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

Feeling fine. Our baby girl kept me awake from 5 am onwards (it's 6:15 pm) but now I'm sitting at the table, drinking a nice rose wine - bought at a store whose proprietor has cancer in his nose and one eye and it may be spreading to his brain - and chatting with my 3 year old son who's making Bert & Ernie puzzles - 4, 6, 9 & 16 pieces. The wife's out with her best friend who recently found out she'll never bear children. Jamiroquai playing in the background. Darkening rainy outside.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

It's a rocky world out there! Let us count our blessings.
fall far and well Pilots!
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Spiral Jacobs wrote:Feeling fine. Our baby girl kept me awake from 5 am onwards (it's 6:15 pm) but now I'm sitting at the table, drinking a nice rose wine - bought at a store whose proprietor has cancer in his nose and one eye and it may be spreading to his brain - and chatting with my 3 year old son who's making Bert & Ernie puzzles - 4, 6, 9 & 16 pieces. The wife's out with her best friend who recently found out she'll never bear children. Jamiroquai playing in the background. Darkening rainy outside.
What a vivid picture you have painted.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Today was nice. I went to my friend's house so she could autograph her book before I give it to my brother as a birthday present tomorrow (see my sig for a link to the book--it's a really good read), and then she took me out for dinner and we had some great conversation.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

A beautiful day here. I was supposed to go hiking with a friend, but neither of us felt like going this morning so we bailed. Instead, I went to the craft store and the yarn store. Then I came home and started a couple of new projects. Then I got tired of knitting and went to the pool. I got a coupon for a one-month membership to the local health club chain for $25. There's a branch about ten minutes from my house, and they have a pool. I want to try a couple of their classes, too, before I decide for sure whether to pay for a regular membership -- but I probably will.

Tomorrow, laundry. And I'm going to make chili to take to book club tomorrow afternoon.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I just bought AATE ater reading Chapter 1 online at SRD's website. It's the ugly cover, but still, I'm totally stoked! :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Enjoy, vs!

What's the news on the earthquake recovery effort at home in ChCh?
Are things coming along and all have been in touch?
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yes, VS, keep us posted. 8)

Today was one of those days when you just kinda go, "huh?" At work, Outlook kept shutting down on me at work -- six or seven times today, I got this little box that said, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and will have to close. Send an error message to Microsoft about this? yes/no Restart Outlook? yes/no" Our tech crew remotely ran a diagnostic on my machine, which seemed to fix it for a few hours, but then it did it again this afternoon. By then I was too fed up to care. :lol: We'll see if it happens again tomorrow.

In the midst of Outlook going walkabout on me, we had a problem on our whole floor where suddenly nobody could print anything. We all got spooling errors. But then somebody in IT musta whacked the beast in the right spot, because the printers all started working again. :lol:

Oh -- during one of the Outlook failures, I was in the midst of writing an e-mail to Magickmaker that contained a chili recipe. After it rebooted itself, I finished the e-mail and hit "send". Turned out Outlook sent only the part I wrote before the system froze -- found *that* out when she responded. :roll:

Oh, and last night, I realized that not only did I have to pack before I hit the road on Thursday, but I also needed to buy cat food, gas up the car, and get an oil change. :roll: Cat food and gassing up were accomplished tonight, and I made an appointment for the oil change. At least I already did laundry....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Today I donated blood and I didn't faint. Good day.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It's gremlins, Ali. They get into the machinery and you just have to wait for them to get bored and move on. IT takes credit when things start working again, but they have no real control over the situation.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Sorus wrote:It's gremlins, Ali. They get into the machinery and you just have to wait for them to get bored and move on. IT takes credit when things start working again, but they have no real control over the situation.
I totally believe that!

It shut down on me again this morning -- but this time, hahahahaha, one of the deskside support guys was standing right here (grabbing candy from my spiderweb bowl :roll:). So he's setting up Outlook to sync to my hard drive instead of to the network. Or something. :? As a result, I've been on e-mail through the web portal all day. Kind of confusing. But it's almost over, yay!

EZ Board Survivor

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I had an interesting day today. We had some important visitors in the forms of our LP manager and our DM and both made a point of telling me how amazing of a job I did on the receiving area plus I received kudos from one on the revamped filing system and being up to date on the team safety stuff. It was nice to walk in and find Mike there and him be so happy to see me and so happy to have so many things fixed. I guess Mike opened the file cabinet during the audit when Tina was in the office and when he saw that the filing was set up exactly the way he wanted it he said, "That's what I am talking about." He even wrote "great job" on all the things I fixed since his last audit that have been problematic for months. Usually he only cites issues on the audit report so it was nice to read it and see kudos, multiple kudos and they were ALL MINE! I felt really good about work today. Also during the day while Manny was visiting, Tina got on the walkie and said, "Anyone who sees Jenn make sure to give her a high five for her incredible work in receiving, it's a whole new world back there and we need to keep it up to the standards she has set for us." I am frustrated that even though I cleared the areas that were part of my frustration we still got docked some points because the night person who closed put crap in the wrong spot again so tomorrow Dennis and I are going to mark off the floor in red warning tape so that nothing gets left in those spots EVER AGAIN! We also have a bit of turn over at our store, both assistant managers have left the building, one fired and one transferred. We are getting some new ASM's from other stores and I met Jeanne today. She seems cool. I found it amusing that when I met her, Tina introduced me as the bubbly one, in fact our head cheerleader. Jeanne laughed and I said, "No she's serious, I have cheers about ladder safety and cardboard and freight motivation." She laughed. I think she thinks I am kidding.

1-2-3-4
Don't leave cardboard on the floor
5-6-7-8
in the baler shut the gate
turn the key and squish it down
leave Jenn a smile not a frown
GOOOOOOO DEPOT!!!

or:

chain your ladder
chain chain your ladder
when your ladder's on the floor
chain it up make it secure
chain your ladder
chain chain your ladder
don't just chain it lock it down
team for safety all around!
Gooo Depot Go Go Go Depot!

It's annoying but it actually works. I used to find myself saying that about five times a day when finding violations but it's been weeks since I have HAD to cheer either cheer and the only reason I've done them is by request of the night crew.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Is it bad sign to be comtemplating murdering your co-workers using a sadistic method involving a physics text book, a set of ear plugs, an empty condom wrapper and some reeses pieces?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

You should, probably, redirect that question to this guy:
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

That man's watch states the wrong time. I cannot morally ask a man who has no conception of time whether I should endeavour to destroy my co-workers.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

You, obviously, have no idea who McGyver is thus ruining my attempt at humor, but then again you are young and British so I guess I'll forgive you... :mrgreen:

see series overview

Return to “General Discussion Forum”