Canadians Eh?

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

It aways seems to come up doesn't it.

MMmmmm Timbits.
Sour Cream Glazed are the best.

Although their donuts DID go a little downhill since they stopped cooking them in the stores.

Hey Lyr, did you know that in the Canadian Millitary HQ in Kandahar Afganistan, they actually opened a Tim's. Even though the soldiers can get free coffee at the mess hall; most perfer to buy it from the Tim's.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Is there anything more Canadian than TH? It's like Americans' obsession with Starbucks. :P

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

BTW aras...welcome to the Watch, eh?
Just settle down on your Chesterfield, and point and click your mouse (pronounced Mose) and have a good friggin' time here.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
aras
Servant of the Land

Post by aras »

Thanks for the welcome drew.

Would you pass me an old-fashioned glazed?

(mmm... munch munch)

Ahhh.... Nothing like washing down an old fashioned glazed TB with a TH coffee.....

:D
If you think you understand quantum physics
Then you haven't been paying attention.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Double-Double?
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

So like, what do you guys think of all the political crap going on eh?

THose Americans WISH they had they had the stuff going down like we do.

Two parties willing the join together with support from a sepratist party just to overthrow the Government that was democratically elected...and the leader of that demorcratically elected party closing down parliment so that it can't happen, then filling the senate with his friends.

WHEW

WAY more interesting then whatever is going on south of the 49th.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Feeling like the last Canadian Drew? :lol:

--A
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Could be worse.

Could be from SA

;) ;)
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I've been engrossed in the story. The coalition may not sit well with many Canadians' "democratic" instincts, but as has been pointed out over and over, our constitution does allow for such things to happen.

After seeing PM Harper's government in action over the past couple of years, I've concluded that he and his people ought to be removed from office. I'm willing to give the coalition a chance. I frankly can't stand Mr. Harper's style of governance anymore. His party was elected to office in the first place on the strength of Mr. Harper's promise to bring transparency and accountability to Ottawa, after the scandal-ridden Liberal days. However, in my view, Mr. Harper's Conservatives have shown themselves to be, if anything, more secretive and arrogant than the Liberals ever were.

I may find the Bloc Quebecois annoying, but at least Mr. Duceppe is honest about his agenda.

I'm glad that Michael Ignatieff is now Liberal leader. Looking back on Stephane Dion's awkward reign, the Liberals must have kicked themselves several times over for not having chosen Ignatieff in the first place. PM Harper won't be able to bully Mr. Ignatieff the way he bullied Dion.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I deffinatly did NOT want to see Dion in power.

I don't really mind waht the Liberals and the NDP are trying to do...largely due to what Harper did to THEM with the last election.
He certainly did not play good politics.

I HATE listening to Harper talk about anything really...he reminds of one of those people, who always think that they are right, and always try to convince you of that fact.

What a GOOD leader would have done, seeing the possible coalition looming in the horizon, was to take Dion, Layton and Duceppe into a private meting, and actually ASK them what he can do to work TOGETHER with them. To NOT have a country always in an election, so that they can actually get some work done.

But no.

He instead closed the doors, then triedto stack the deck.

I'd would like though, for the coalision to wait for a while. Wait until they are stronger..wait until most Canadians WANT them in the majority..THEN take over...without an election.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

drew wrote:Could be worse.

Could be from SA

;) ;)
:LOLS: Touchè. ;)

--A
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Best of luck to all our friends north of the border. However it all works out I hope it is ultimately in the best interest of the Canadian people in general. I am sure I will be talking with members of my biological family (I was adopted out from Canada to the USA) up in BC and NS over the holiday so I will get some good scoop then. BTW my Canadian roots are beaming with pride (does that even make sense?): My step-daughter just got a job with Tim Hortons! I hope I get a discount... :biggrin:
... nobody I know.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Holey Moley.. are there still Canadians posting during this time of the year!!

I would have thought that they would be hibernating or frozen in their igloos!

:P :P

Same with people from Alaska... :lol:
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
AjK
The Gap Into Spam

Post by AjK »

Ur Dead wrote:Holey Moley.. are there still Canadians posting during this time of the year!! I would have thought that they would be hibernating or frozen in their igloos!
Nah. I can't speak for all Canadians (especially since I am transplanted) but I don't hibernate so much as I sleep off the effects of "anti-freeze" ingestion. And now my step-daughter has taken to saying that "Timmy is my pimp" since she refers to her employer as Timmy's Ho's. Sigh...
... nobody I know.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

AjK wrote: Nah. I can't speak for all Canadians (especially since I am transplanted) but I don't hibernate so much as I sleep off the effects of "anti-freeze" ingestion. And now my step-daughter has taken to saying that "Timmy is my pimp" since she refers to her employer as Timmy's Ho's. Sigh...
That's hysterical! :biggrin:

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I'm not hibernating but might as well be: it's been too cold to enjoy the outdoors. I heard that this past December it was overall colder on the Prairies than it was on Antarctica. I consider myself a hardy Winnipegger, but this is ridiculous.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

You, my friend, may keep all of that cold wind to yourself! I'm already tired of winter and we're barely a third of the way through it. :roll:

My skin would drop nukes on winter if it could. They are locked in a life or death battle as we speak, and it is only a matter of days until my skin starts cracking open and bleeding. This will make me very unhappy. :evil:

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Wyldewode wrote:I'm already tired of winter and we're barely a third of the way through it. :roll:
Yep, that's exactly how I feel, and I'm someone who usually likes winter. We're used to Freezing February, but it's highly unfair that it invaded Decent December.

My skin would drop nukes on winter if it could. They are locked in a life or death battle as we speak, and it is only a matter of days until my skin starts cracking open and bleeding. This will make me very unhappy. :evil:
8O
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

matrixman wrote:
8O
Well. . . that is a little bit of hyperbole (about nuking winter), but the skin on my hands almost always cracks open and bleeds. I think it's a combo of the cold wind, low humidity in buildings, and repeated handwashings that are necessary to keep from catching every little germ that saunters by. :roll:

AjK
The Gap Into Spam

Post by AjK »

Wyldewode wrote:the skin on my hands almost always cracks open and bleeds. I think it's a combo of the cold wind, low humidity in buildings, and repeated handwashings that are necessary to keep from catching every little germ that saunters by. :roll:
Lotion, lotion, lotion, Lyr! Since I am a year 'round bare foot kinda guy (inside the house of course) I actually get drying and cracking on the bottoms of my feet. This makes for bloody socks on the treadmill. I would lotion my feet but don't want to take the obligatory ribbing from my "loving" family...
... nobody I know.

Return to “The Summonsing”