Which food do you hate?

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Which food do you hate?

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Well?

For me, it's cabbage. :? :( :o

What food(s) do you hate?
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

brussel sprouts, zucchini, squash, spinach
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Hmm, squash is one of the only yellow foods that I can tolerate. :) I like spinach too, but I agree with you about the zucchini and the brussel sprouts. I abosolutely hate asparagus. Cherry pie and fish mixed together in one meal is the work of Satan. :? :evil:
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Turiya Foul wrote:Hmm, squash is one of the only yellow foods that I can tolerate. :) I like spinach too, but I agree with you about the zucchini and the brussel sprouts. I abosolutely hate asparagus. Cherry pie and fish mixed together in one meal is the work of Satan. :? :evil:
Hmmmm.....I have a feeling there is a story that is begging to be told right there. ;)
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

That is classified information. :? :)

(Ok, we went over to one of our family reunions and that's one of the things that was being served. Unfortunately, severel people got food posioning, just like at all the reunions) 8O
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Aspic! Yuk!
fall far and well Pilots!
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Turiya Foul wrote: Unfortunately, severel people got food posioning, just like at all the reunions) 8O
So I'm guessing that it was the fish that did the poisoning and the cherry pie just happened to get in the way?????

Danlo, yes aspic, YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

"let's go 2 gramma's!" :roll: "Oh great I get 2 hurl aspic 4 3 days straight..." :cry: (that's ALL she ever served! talk about ur childhood traumas!)
fall far and well Pilots!
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Infelice wrote:So I'm guessing that it was the fish that did the poisoning and the cherry pie just happened to get in the way?????
Yup, that's about it. Lucky me, I didn't eat much of the evil fish. 8O
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

danlo wrote:"let's go 2 gramma's!" :roll: "Oh great I get 2 hurl aspic 4 3 days straight..." :cry: (that's ALL she ever served! talk about ur childhood traumas!)
Grandmothers have a lot to answer for when it comes to childhood food traumas!!!!! My Nanna used to make me eat tripe and onions!!!!!! Needless to say,
Spoiler
it when down then came straight back up again
. Thinking about tripe still causes a gagging reflex in me. :(
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Can't stand anything that tastes like viniger. And tomatoes are icky and squishy and just tasteless altogether.
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Infelice:

tripe and onions. makes me gag just thinking about it. Never even saw tripe, either.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

I...hate...oatmeal.

Pie and Cake
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Haggis sounds digusting. Just the word...haggis. Blech. Never tried it tho.

Pie and Cake
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

It's amazing how the galley (ship's cafeteria) can ruin perfectly easy, tasty meals. Meatballs, for instance (guess what was for lunch today). They somehow created a barbecue sauce not fit for human consumption and just slathered it onto the meatballs.

They can make a decent marinara for the veal parmesian and spaghetti they serve every three days or so, but they can't seem to do the same for pizza on saturdays (remember your school's cafeteria's pizza... it's like that).

The funny thing is, after you've been eating nothing but the galley food for a week or so, most of it doesn't seem that bad (some things dulled taste buds can't even fix... like Chicken ala King that tasted like fish).

I don't like a whole lot of green vegetables such as peas and brussel sprouts (the worst, as they taste like old socks... worse, since I can put old socks in my mouth without gagging), but I do really like asparagus (I cuss, you cuss, we all cuss for asparagus... even better if you go hunting for wild asparagus) and artichokes.

I usually can't eat fish, though I've found that the less it's cooked (breading and overcooking really brings out the nasty fish taste), the better it is. I've discovered I actually like sushi.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Dromond wrote:Infelice:

tripe and onions. makes me gag just thinking about it. Never even saw tripe, either.
You are one of the lucky ones Dromond. :)
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

What's tripe?

Pie and Cake
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Tripe is the stomach of a cow. I can't go into further detail as my gagging reflex will kick in. :(
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Lima beans. I never could eat them. In general I dislike overcooked vegetables.
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Infelice wrote:Tripe is the stomach of a cow. I can't go into further detail as my gagging reflex will kick in. :(
Such a lighthearted word, tripe,- for such a horrific food item!

Now Head cheese, that sounds as nasty as it oughta!
(For the uninitiated, it is little pieces of brain and whatnot, molded into lunchmeat form, but so much more colorful than bland uniform pink bologna! Bologna is vanilla compared to this!

Return to “The Galley”