Authors & Internet Forums

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Authors & Internet Forums

Post by Dawngreeter »

I just had some thoughts about authors & internet forums. Do you think that forums like these have an influence on the authors book content? The amount of information in this forum is really a wealth of ideas. It's also a place where the readers find the holes or problem areas in stories.

Can you picture SRD swearing to himself that he will not go to this forum as to not taint his thoughts, then find himself peeking every now and then. Why not? What better way to really suprise the readers since you already know what they're thinking.
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I think SRD stays far far away from here lest he be corrupted by the Guess the Next Poster game ! :)
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Yeah...if he turned up to guess the next poster... Ooh, wouldn't that be fun! ;)

But relevant to what you're talking about dawngreeter is this from the GI (this was in reply to someone asking him if he looked through chronicle threads on KW and the potential affect people's theories on where the story is going might have on his writing):
You’re right about the dangers. I can’t afford to be influenced by the way other people’s minds work. So I visit Kevinswatch.com only rarely, and I stay away from any discussions which pertain to “The Last Chronicles.” Self-protection, really. And as I’ve said elsewhere, I try not to get *too* caught up in ego issues. <rueful smile>

(11/09/2004)

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”