Scenes that you'd like to see....

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Scenes that you'd like to see....

Post by Dawngreeter »

You ever read a part desribing a scene or event that you think you're just not quite getting? I recently read the the part when TC & the High Lord Elena got to Melenkurion Skyweir & would have loved to actually see the range and entrance to the cave, 'cause I'm not quite 100 % sure how it looked. Others -

Kevin's Watch
The Grieve
The location of armies when Troy was looking from atop Kevin's Watch
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=99186&highlight=revelstone#99186
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Cail wrote:kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=99186&highlight=revelstone#99186
That's not quite the same, though. This topic, if I'm reading it correctly, is about things you would have liked to see described more fully.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ahhh.

Well then, nevermind.

Still want to see that scene though.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Yeah Cail, your thread sucked!
:P
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

CovenantJr wrote:
Cail wrote:kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=99186&highlight=revelstone#99186
That's not quite the same, though. This topic, if I'm reading it correctly, is about things you would have liked to see described more fully.
That thread is not the same.

More than described more fully, more like "a picture says a thousand words" thing. Like describing the Grieve, to just see it you could get a instant understanding of it's composure rather than getting lost in words. Same deal with the Melenkurion Skyweir & the Illearth warring armies. Scenes where it would help to have a picture.
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Revelstone in all it's glory.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

ur-monkey
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by ur-monkey »

The dance of the Wraiths of Andelain in LFB. Although I have an amazing image of that in my mind, and love the way it's described...it would be interesting to see how another fan interprets that scene. (Include with that the fall of that Unfettered One). :( :D
Quin, suffering from total amnesia, slowly discovers himself possessed of inexplicable abilities as his world expands...

https://www.quinsabduction.org/
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

The siege of revelstone by SatansFist (?), and Lord Mhoram's victory
bloodguard bob
Bloodguard

Post by bloodguard bob »

:twisted: the spawning of Vain :twisted:
"...and if you do not listen, then to hell with you."
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Nom.

Could never figure out what he looked like. The image I always had in my head was like a bullette (or however it is spelled) from the first D&D Monster Manual. I couldn't find the picture, probably because I'm spelling it wrong, but this is the closest I could find.

But every time I read it, I realize the description is nothing like that. I've never been able to see it though. That's another reason why I want a movie made.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I've always imagined Sandgorgons to look like this (minus the jetpack!).
And I always will even though I know the descriptions don't match.
Horrible pic but the best I could find:

https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

..TC and LA scoring on Starfarers Gem
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

drew wrote:..TC and LA scoring on Starfarers Gem
drew, yer killin me!
Isildurs Bane
Woodhelvennin

Post by Isildurs Bane »

I agree, the dance of the wraiths was a beautiful part of the book, it would be good to see other fan's interpretations onscreen.
I also found melekurion skyweir hard to get my head around.

Hmmmmm...... I used to think the seige of revelstone but that would probably end up like minas tirith me thinks. So many i would like to see, but I’ll narrow it down to a few.

Lord Mhoram laying a beat-down on satansfist
Covenant tearing into ridjeck thome and lord foul whilst being watched by the old lords
The Grim (still very confusing to me)
The caamora
Kevins watch (with covenant stuck on top even though he’s afraid of heights) tee-hee
:biggrin:
Thomas Covenant
Woodhelvennin

Post by Thomas Covenant »

Well you could just ask me to tell you what it looked like.
I don't need a signature!
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

but your dead! and to tell us would break the arch of time. :)
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Okay, Drew, I just threw up major big time. I put that as a "dude, that's messed up" moment in another forum just last week. Gross. Dreadful. Nauseating. Sickening. I hope you were kidding!!!!!!!! If not, you've been hitting the diamondraught way too much.......

Now that I have that off my chest, what's great about SRD's TC books is that you HAVE to visualize in your own mind what he's describing. So everyone's ideas of what things look like will be totally different. I can't visualize very well, and since it seems that movie discussions are a dead deal now, maybe someone very talented artistically could get with SRD and do drawings akin to the cover art that show these scenes as the author himself pictured them while writing it. I would pay for a portfolio with those drawings, absolutely no question. What a prize! Anyone else want to see that????
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Jwaneeta could do it, she definately has the talent.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”