Magic: the Gathering Players

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Magic: the Gathering Players

Post by emotional leper »

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum to post this in. Apologies to mods who must move threads.

Any Magic: the Gathering players on the watch have any interest in coming up with Magic cards for a set based around TCTC?
B&
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I play. (Though not in months, because nobody plays anything but FNM anymore, and my Friday nights are not free. :()

I made some cards, but long before I really knew much about the game:
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2645
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

oh well, i played to almost all CCGs

Magic was the first. I have a goblin granade deck, and i love angels, so using urza incubator i create an angels deck. It runs not so fast as i wish.
The goblin granade rulez !!! at the fourth turn it close in 90% of the match.

Do you know apprentice? it is a way to play magic online and create your own deck... although you must now very well the cards, or you will lost in the huge amount of cards in the database.
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I've had my ass kicked by goblins, but I don't remember seeing the Grenade before.

I usually play Morphling, with either mono-blue or blue/black (black thrown in for searching with the tutors, Imperial Seal, and Lim-Dull's Vault). At 5 mana, Morphling isn't a typical Type 1 choice, but I have Power, and tons of control and draw with the blue.

Working on a few white decks these days. I sure hope I get the chance to try them some day. :(

I like Angels too, but haven't tried actually playing them. (A guy I know plays an awesome Reanimator deck, and has Akroma out 1st turn very frequently.) Have you seen this?
magiccards.info/ts/en/40.html
Pretty cool.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Argothoth wrote:oh well, i played to almost all CCGs

Magic was the first. I have a goblin granade deck, and i love angels, so using urza incubator i create an angels deck. It runs not so fast as i wish.
The goblin granade rulez !!! at the fourth turn it close in 90% of the match.

Do you know apprentice? it is a way to play magic online and create your own deck... although you must now very well the cards, or you will lost in the huge amount of cards in the database.
We grok Apprentice.

I had a few ideas for cards:

Ur-vile BB
Creature -- Demondim-spawn
2/2
(Insert appropriate quote here.)

Ur-vile Loremaster 2BB
Creature -- Demondim-spawn Loremaster
3/3
When Ur-vile Loremaster attacks, it gets +1/+1 for each other black attacking non Loremaster Demondim-spawn.
(Something about Wedges here)

Ur-vile Spawning Pits
Legendary Land
Pay 1 Life, Tap: Add B or R to your mana pool.
B, Tap: Flip a coin. If it's heads, put a 2/2 Green Waynhim token into play under target opponent's control. If it's tails, put a 2/2 Black Ur-vile token into play under your control. Both tokens are of creature type 'Demondim-spawn'. Ur-vile Spawning Pits does not untap during your next turn.

Saltheart's Laughter -- 2WWW
Instant

Instead of paying Saltheart's Laughter's casting cost, you may choose and remove five cards in your deck from the game.

If you would lose the game this turn, you do not. All damage dealt to you by sources you do not control is prevented until end of turn. Your Life is set to 10. Spells and Abilities that would decrease your life total do not take effect until the start of the next turn. This spell may not be countered.

Foul's Laughter -- BB
Instant
Target Opponent chooses one -- either reveal their hand and discard a card, then draw a card, or shuffle a card from their graveyard into their library, then remove the top card of their library from the game.
"It boots nothing to avoid his snares."

Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever -- WWWWWW/BBBBBB (May be payed for with any combination of six white and/or black mana.)
Creature -- Legendary Human
*/*+1

Thomas Covenant is considered to be a White Card.

When Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever comes into play, and at the start of your upkeep, you may divide X points between his power and toughness, where X is the number of cards in your hand.

At the end of your upkeep, if Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever is tapped, put a charge counter on him unless you pay X, where X is his power plus the number of charge counters on him.

Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever cannot attack.

X: Choose one -- Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever may attack this turn, or tap Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever to deal X damage to target creature. Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever may not untap for X turns, nor may any spell or ability cause him to be untapped. X is equal to the number of charge counters on him.
"The more power I get, the more helpless I feel. It's never enough. Or it's the wrong kind. Or it can't be controlled. It terrifies me."
Last edited by emotional leper on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B&
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Ex-Magic player who would rather not be ex.

Never liked type I. Probably due to the disposable income issue. They should call it "Copy a Deck off the Web or Lose" anyway. I've always preferred Draft. I also like to keep a pile of Preconstructed Decks around - you can just grab some random ones and play, no prep time required. I even did that for Wednesday Magic Lunch Day at work. 8O
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Wayfriend wrote:Ex-Magic player who would rather not be ex.

Never liked type I. Probably due to the disposable income issue. They should call it "Copy a Deck off the Web or Lose" anyway. I've always preferred Draft. I also like to keep a pile of Preconstructed Decks around - you can just grab some random ones and play, no prep time required. I even did that for Wednesday Magic Lunch Day at work. 8O
I will now kill you on the first turn with an ornithopter *grin*
B&
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

My Type 1 decks don't often win. I just like trying them. Not concerned with my rank. :lol:

Draft annoys me because I've spent a lot of money on cards, and don't get to play them! And I won't get to play the draft cards next time I play draft!! :LOLS: Ah well, draft is still tons of fun.

I'd most like to play 1.5, but nobody bothers with that at all. But I think it's the best for being able to use any cards ever made (and what mage in any of the books we read would limit him/herself to only some spells?), but without Power and other crazy stuff. Best if they were never made.

Still, I use Power because I want to have fun with Morphling, and there's no way to get it out in any other reasonable amount of time. And with Power, I've Tinikered Darksteel Colossus, and Twin Casted it. So two DSC for a combined 5 mana in just a few turns. :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Oh, and what's Apprentice????????
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Emotional Leper wrote:Ur-vile BB
Creature -- Demondim-spawn
2/2
(Insert appropriate quote here.)
Dude, where's the wedge ability?!?!

Off the top of my head:

Ur-vile Minion 1Image 1/1
Creature, Ur-vile
You may choose not to untap Ur-vile Minion during your untap step.
Image,Image: target Ur-vile gets +1/+1 as long as Ur-vile Minion remains tapped.

Ur-vile LoreMaster ImageImageImage 1/2
Creature, Ur-vile
You may choose not to untap Ur-vile Loremaster during your untap step.
Image,Image: target Ur-vile gets +1/+1 as long as Ur-vile Loremaster remains tapped.
ImageImage,Image: deal damage equal to power to target attacking creature.

Ur-Vile Champion ImageImageImage 2/1
You may choose not to untap Ur-vile Champion during your untap step.
Image,Image: target Ur-vile gets +1/+1 as long as Ur-vile Champion remains tapped.
ImageImage,Image: deal damage equal to power to target blocking creature.
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Well, from what I remember of the wedge, the Loremaster draws power from all the other Ur-Viles in the attacking Wedge, without diminishing their own might, so to me having it be a +x/+x for each other attacking ur-vile seemed closer, but your post has mana symbols in it, so I must bow to it. :P
B&
Hedra Iren
Stonedownor

Post by Hedra Iren »

Didn't Jay have something like this up on the main KW page? Haven't played since revised, but...

Orcrest
Artifact - 2 colorless
tap - 1 white mana

Lillianrill
Artifcact - 2 colorless
tap - 1 green mana

Vertigo
Instant - 2 black + x colorless. x = target creature's defense
Effect - tap target creature

Trell - 4 White, 1 colorless
Creature, Stonedownor
4/2
1 W, tap - remove target artifact from graveyard, place in hand
Sacrifice - destroy target artifact

Atiaran - 3 White, 2 colorless
Creature, Stonedownor
2/3
2W, tap - search deck for instant, place in hand
Sacrifice - search deck for giant or warmark, put directly into play

Lena - 3 White, upkeep
Creature, Stonedownor
1/1
tap - untap target creature and add +0/+2 until end of turn

Triock - 2 White, 2 colorless
Creature, Stonedownor
2/3
tap - add guilt counter to Triock
Remove guilt counter to deal 1 damage to any target and 1 damage to Triock.

Kevin's Watch - 4 Colorless
Artifact
When Kevinswatch is in play, all summoned creatures have two less colorless mana in casting cost. Summoned creatuers come into play tapped.
Tap - untap target creature with summoning sickness
O, brothers! let us leave the shame and sin Of taking vainly in a plaintive mood, The holy name of Grief--holy herein, That, by the grief of One, came all our good.
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Emotional Leper wrote:Well, from what I remember of the wedge, the Loremaster draws power from all the other Ur-Viles in the attacking Wedge, without diminishing their own might, so to me having it be a +x/+x for each other attacking ur-vile seemed closer, but your post has mana symbols in it, so I must bow to it. :P
Well, I thought the other ur-viles in the wedge were able to defend themselves but not really attack themselves, and so the T in the cost. And I thought it didn't need to be set up for every attack, and that reorganizing the wedge left some moments of confusion, hence the staying tapped part. And I thought that a "gets +1/+1 for each other urvile" doesn't capture that there is only 1 wedge leader. And due to the 4 card limit, you need lots of types of ur-viles. So what else would there be besides ur-vile grunts and loremasters? I invented.

We could add

Ur-vile Healer ImageImage 1/2
Creature, Ur-vile
You may choose not to untap Ur-vile Healer during your untap step.
Image,Image: target Ur-vile gets +1/+1 as long as Ur-vile Healer remains tapped.
Image: prevent damage equal to Ur-vile Healer's power to target creature.

Ranyhyn Stallion
ImageImage 2/2
Creature, Ranyhyn
Image: remove Ranyhyn Stallion and target attacking or blocking creature you control from combat.

Cavewight ImageImage 2/1
Cavewight can block two attacking creatures.
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Fist and Faith wrote:Oh, and what's Apprentice????????
it is a software, you can play magic online with your friends. You can create decks and maintain a database with all the cards ever created in the game.

you can search card by mana cost, color, type, ecc...
it was my first tool to create my own deks.
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)

Return to “Gravin Threndor”