renny
Ramen

how long until an "Against All Things Ending" thre

Post by renny »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

The entire FR forum can be seen as an AATE thread.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Weakest post ever. :P (Sorry, not tryin' to be mean, just pokin' fun.)
renny
Ramen

Post by renny »

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

but anyway,the next book...
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

Well then, let's start at the beginning. How do you think it will begin? Who was there at the scene?

We had Linden, newly resurrected TC, Infelice, the Harrow, the Humbled and Stave (they didn't go off with their dead). The Dead (The old High Lords, the Law Breakers, Cail et.al., Honninscrave) were around somewhere with their respective living counterparts (the giants, Anele) Also, the Staff, the white gold ring, the krill...

I have a feeling that the beginning of AATE will entail a nice long chat between the players present. Much will be therein explained about TC's resurrection and the implications that has. And then...???

They'll have to go and DO something somewhere. But what? Where? Maybe they'll seek out the oldest stone to find out what Anele was hinting at.

Thoughts :?:
renny
Ramen

Post by renny »

well first and foremost I dont think it will be a BAD thing that TC is back from the dead.LA was told to do "something unexpected" and this certainly qualifies!

you may be right in that case about a long chat not just about TC but also peoples encouters with their various dead

as for a possible destination,I think I read in the GI a while back that SRD has no intention of going outside the Land in the LC so that would seem to rule out going to the Isle (which has sunk anyway?) to calm the Worm down.......
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

Nah, TC being back is a GOOD thing. For sure.

I'm thinking that they could go one of several places. The closest place is Mt. Thunder, where Esmer and Kastenessen created Kevin's Dirt (right?). Perhaps they'll go there to quash the Dirt so the people of the Land stand a fighting chance. (What am I saying, fighting chance; there's so much magic being tossed around, normal mortals don't stand a chance.)

But where is the oldest rock? That bit's gonna figure in somehow. They're gonna have to go there at some point so Anele can read the stone. But where? Is there a chance that Anele could lead them to it (not bloody likely!)?

Too many possibilities... :lol:
renny
Ramen

Post by renny »

I like the sound of that and it would make sense the dirt will have to be dealt with at some point

the more I think on it the more I think that the Worm is not as roused as we may think....
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Earthbrah, you bring up some good points.

Will all those who left come back to where the Krill is?
What TC said should be clairified.
What Infelice really meant about the worm and Eholim. Is the worm a direct threat to the world or not.
I get the impression that the Arch has hasn't been affected.
TC is referred as the Timewarden. What will that encompass?
Will the dead finally be allowed to speak? I would think that Berek would speak for the four high lords since he has had a better interaction with Linden then Kevin.
Loric seemed pleased with himself because of his Krill. I think the Krill will be left in Andelain.
The harrow did not say anything at the end, so what is his take on it.
I think Linden is going to tear them a new one for not telling her of her options. I know I would.
Anele made a comment about a prebble that could shed light when Landsdrop formed. He is a key in all this. He is the Earth Tell.
Infelice will know, maybe TC and some of the dead, how to remove Kevin's Dirt.
I think Linden will slowly accept that Jerry is doomed. ( the other two croyels when killed also killed the host - she was there. Unless she has an ability that is like what she did to heal the Sunbane.) But Linden is sure fired right now to free her son from Foul's clutches and damm anyone who stands in her way. (to her,that act was unforgiveable and that lays the crux of her darkness. That is why she will not forgive. It may prove that this is the strength she needs to go on)
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

Ur Dead wrote:
He is a key in all this. He is the Earth Tell.
YES! Love the name man! And I agree, he is the key. We were told as much towards the end of FR. He is the hope of the Land. (And there is hope in contradiction.) He's clearly a conduit for something; I mean, folks keep speaking through the guy, Kastenessen, the Despiser, ...who else?

Kevin's Dirt: It not only blinds the people of the Land to the presence of Earthpower, it limits the available use of that same power. How? How did Esmer and Kastenessen create it? How can it be undone? I'll bet the answer to that is connected to whatever Anele can read in that pebble...
thranathiril
Woodhelvennin

Post by thranathiril »

renny wrote::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My assumption is based on the following series structure -

Runes - Linden recovers the Staff
Revenant - Linden recovers TC
Ending - Linden recovers Jeremiah
Final Dark - Lord Foul destroyed/diminshed

Of course there are many secondary goals that also have to be achieved - dealing with (in no order, not complete) Roger, Joan, Kastenessen; skurj, Longwrath, Kevin's Dirt, Anele, Esmer.

Thranathiril
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

thranathiril wrote:

I'll buy that.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

thranathiril wrote:
renny wrote::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thranathiril
Final Dark - Lord Foul manacled/rendered powerless.

You can't destroy Foul, he always comes back. But if you can keep him powerless until that worlds end in it's natural cycle. Then you have accomplished your deed.

If Foul can be killed, wouldn't have the Creator done it. But being a cosmic being they were equals and the Creator enclosed Foul under the Arch, thus excluding him from the greater cosmos. The idea is to render him inert so he can't plot and scheme to escape his prison.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Aleksandr
Giantfriend

Post by Aleksandr »

At some point TC will want to rescue Joan from the Raver. He was willing to die for her in TWL; he won't be able to ignore her plight now.
And are we sure the story won't leave the Land? We have Giants at hand with a ship, and there's a propehsy that Martiir will have to go a long ways away.
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

Ur Dead wrote:
If Foul can be killed, wouldn't have the Creator done it.
Well, no. If the Creator does anything directly to affect his universe, he will effectively destroy it. SRD has said as much on the GI, I believe.

But I like the idea of the manacles being for Foul. (Man, wouldn't that just piss him off to no end! :clap: )

Aleksandr wrote:
At some point TC will want to rescue Joan from the Raver. He was willing to die for her in TWL; he won't be able to ignore her plight now.
Yeah, maybe. But perhaps it'll be more like TC wanting to get her free of the Raver so she can be healed by Earthpower (once Kevin's Dirt is banished), and the two rings can be used together to do something...
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

I don't even have the faintest guess at the schedule, but it's possible that there might be enough of a draft for Steve to read a chapter at a convention next year - Bubonicon or World Fantasy. Just a guess, though. Maybe that would be a good time to start a "that which should not be named" board - since everything else is just conjecture based on FR (so it belongs in the FR thread).
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
aliensporebomb
Servant of the Land

Post by aliensporebomb »

Three years.

That being said, predictions:

TC: "Linden, what have you done?"

Linden: "Thomas, I....."

WORM: GLOM, DEVOUR, SMASH

Foul: "I love this part! Wheeeeeeeee!"

Part II - After the Land is Destroyed.

Everyone: "Linden, we hate you."

Linden: "Even you, Tom?"

TC: "I told you to call me Thomas. Joan always called me Tom."

Foul: "AHEM. Keep stirring the pot. The seven hells can't stay roastingly hot without it."

Everyone: "Yes, Master."

Ugh.

The End.
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

aliensporebomb wrote:
Foul: "AHEM. Keep stirring the pot. The seven hells can't stay roastingly hot without it."

Everyone: "Yes, Master."
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :rocket:
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.

Return to “Fatal Revenant”