The 13 Most Ridiculous TV Shows to Ever Get Green-Lit

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Cail
Lord

The 13 Most Ridiculous TV Shows to Ever Get Green-Lit

Post by Cail »

According to Cracked.

I'd add The Pretender to this list, and Friends as well.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Small Wonder
The Charmings

I liked The Greatest American Hero when I was a kid, and I think I'd like to see Quark.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Wow. Just Wow. I think I want to see the one about pirates. 8O :haha: Actually I kinda really do. 8)
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Manimal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manimal
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Quark was awesome.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I think I vaguely remember Quark. I certainly remember BJ and the Bear. 8O :P

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Do you remember Lobo, the BJ&tB spin-off?
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I liked Beauty and the Beast, Greatest American Hero, The Fall Guy and (goddess help me) the occasional rerun of Manimal (but yeah, maybe it was kinda cracked).

I remember Automan, too. Thank you, TV Land and SciFi Channel, for filling my college mornings with really bad retro tv.

Don't see why you'd put The Pretender on the list, though. It's way more palusible than most of the stuff on the list. Didn't know when it was time to throw in the towel, sure, but there are way worse shows out there. (Like, yeah, Friends.)

I, too, would like to see Quark. And that weird Pirate show. That one reminds me of the one where Hulk Hogan rode around in a speed boat.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I just really hated The Pretender.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

www.tvparty.com/pink.html
Pink Lady & Jeff
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

(The Pretender was a mediocre adaptation cum rip-off of John Brunner's The Shockwave Rider. But it had its moments.)

Quark rocked.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The Highwayman
The Wizard
(all of these are shows I watched as a kid, but looking back...)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Cop Rock

This'n was doomed from the start. Especially with the approach they were taking, which was to deliver Hill Street Blues as a musical. I saw the first, and just wasn't looking for crack babies and rape as a theme for a song. Or something.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

Quark! I had forgotten the name.

I remember watching it and a part of me wondered why in the name of the Force I was watching it. The Star Wars geek in me didn't care. "Ooh, sci-fi, and it's funny!"

I don't know if I'd do anything but cringe and gape (I watched that?!!) today.
ItisWritten
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Wow. You can watch episodes of Quark here.

Probably all of them. . .
Last edited by wayfriend on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Where Wayfriend? 8)

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Oh yeah. here . . . :oops:

According to Wikipedia, that site has EVERY episode.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Wow, only eight episodes. 8)

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Dear Lord, I'd forgotten all about Quark! But "Man from Atlantis" was really good, and I liked "Greatest American Hero" also. "Fall Guy" had Heather (where the hell is she now?) Thomas so of course I watched that. (Anyone remember the movie "Zapped!")
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I'm rather surprised they put Greatest American Hero on the list. Sure it was a silly idea - but that show never took itself too seriously. The whole point was that it was supposed to be ludicrous that the guy got superpowers. It was also a popular show which, in commercial terms, means it wasn't such a silly idea after all. I loved it as a kid. Absolutely loved it.

Return to “TV Shows”