Does it seem grossly unfair to anyone?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Does it seem grossly unfair to anyone?

Post by thefirst »

That we have to wait six more years for the rest of this story that we've waited sooo long for?
Hyarion
Servant of the Land

Post by Hyarion »

No, not in the least.

The editors could rush SRD and he might rush the next books, but then I guarantee you that the quality of the story, in it's richness and depth that we all know and love (indeed, I dare say that same depth is what so many of us love about the books) just would not be up to the level that we have come to expect from SRD.

You can rush when grilling a steak, but it won't come out right either. Instead, you give it as long as it takes for the final product to be done.

He'll give us the books when the books are ready, and I wouldn't have it any other way. If that means I have to reread Fatal Revenant in 3 years time to refresh my memory <sarcasm>then *darn* I hate it when that happens.</sarcasm>
Hyarion Celenar
The Warrior of the Silver Flame

www.asrai.org
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Does it seem grossly unfair to anyone?

Post by Ur Dead »

thefirst wrote:That we have to wait six more years for the rest of this story that we've waited sooo long for?
We have waited (or at least some of us) durn near 20 years for the next chronicles.

Patiences my young Stonedowner, patiences.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Savor the anticipation, people!

Spend your time wisely. It'll take 3 years to fully absorb FR. You won't be ready for AITE for a while...
Starkin
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Starkin »

Wayfriend wrote:You won't be ready for AITE for a while...
Oh, I beg to differ... I'm definitely ready for it! I can't enough of SRD right now. :)

Unfair for us to have to wait another three years? Nah. We all gotta be patient and wait for the next awesome book. I have no doubt in my mind that that three years will be totally worth it.
"Ah, my daughter, do not fear. You will not fail, however he may assail you. There is also love in the world. Be true."
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

If you read at my reading speed, you would only have to wait 2 years for Against All Things Ending. Heh.-jay
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

kevinswatch wrote:If you read at my reading speed, you would only have to wait 2 years for Against All Things Ending. Heh.-jay
what, did you quit your job? :D
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I think the new TC should come out next year. I don't care if it ends up being a pop-up book or a CD with SRD saying "puissant" over and over.
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

iQuestor wrote:
kevinswatch wrote:If you read at my reading speed, you would only have to wait 2 years for Against All Things Ending. Heh.-jay
what, did you quit your job? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lord Foul wrote:I think the new TC should come out next year. I don't care if it ends up being a pop-up book or a CD with SRD saying "puissant" over and over.
Maybe a pop-up book with a collection of sense which particularly demonstrate puissance? With a large preface about the history of the word?
B&
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

The Editors shouldn't push HIM?

He should be pushing them.

When i read that someone "plashed" crossing a stream in Salva Gildenborne, then saw a REALLY bad messup, didn't mark it, sorry, I was thinking they need to slow this down and do a better job proofing.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

SGuilfoyle1966 wrote:When i read that someone "plashed" crossing a stream in Salva Gildenborne, then saw a REALLY bad messup, didn't mark it, sorry, I was thinking they need to slow this down and do a better job proofing.
:lol: Give SRD a smack! Coz that's his job! :lol: ...or did you help on that Romeo?!?! If the answer is "yes" then I'll happily smack you! ;) :biggrin:
Aleksandr
Giantfriend

Post by Aleksandr »

"plash" happens to be a word, a rare variant of (you guessed it!) "Splash".

I wonder how often SRD sends his proofers running to the dictionary?
Hyarion
Servant of the Land

Post by Hyarion »

About every 2 pages.
Hyarion Celenar
The Warrior of the Silver Flame

www.asrai.org
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Lord Foul cracked me up. Puissant!!!! Ensorcelled!!! Adamantine!!! Inhermeneuticable!!!
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

Lots of things have been aneled in this trilogy, long before the one who only has rocks for friends showed up.
there was an anele ref in the second to the last chapter of The One Tree.
Just got through with that.
Rocksister, where in S.C.?
ninjaboy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ninjaboy »

The problem with waiting is Donaldson leaves us on the end of our seats with the endings nowadays.. Back in the day every boook had an ending that contented us, made the desire to read the next book less than with the endings to FR and Runes - because those Endings were really the beginnings of a completely new story!
Forgive my death.
It was my flesh that failed you, not my love.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Personally, I would have preferred to wait ten years longer and then have all the books together. Not good business/publishing practice, but much easier for reading.
Mortice Root
Bloodguard

Post by Mortice Root »

I don't know, I kind of like the enforced waiting period. I like re-reading the books a couple of times before the release of the next one and I like all the speculation and anticipation during the wait as well. Plus, knowing myself, if I got all four books at the same time, I'd probably get caught in the exictment and rush through to see the end, all the while missing quite a lot of the sublte things that make these books so good.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Meh, I didn't rush when I bought all the previous books at once. Besides, I couldn't bring myself to re-read Runes, and so far Fatal Revenant is going the same way.
Mortice Root
Bloodguard

Post by Mortice Root »

CovenantJr wrote
Meh, I didn't rush when I bought all the previous books at once
Some of us aren't gifted with your power of self-control. :) And yes, that's my own personal issue. (Actually one of many..... :) )

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”