The End Of Days!!!!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

The End Of Days!!!!

Post by Fist and Faith »

I can't tell you how unbelievable the weather is here right now!!!! I have literally never seen anything like this in rl! The sky started looking really dark in one direction. (I would guess north-ish.) Then the wind picked up, and my 5 yo was laughing as she tried to walk against the wind.

Then the snow hit! I've never seen snow that was absolutely horizontal! For at least 20 minutes now, it's been like this! It's like a Spielberg movie or something. Arctic Circle kind of crap.

I tried taking a 15-second video with my cell, but the quality isn't good enough.

Looks like it's getting much lighter out now. I guess the clouds are being blown entirely past now.

EDIT:
Here it is.
s146.photobucket.com/albums/r265/fistandfaith/?action=view&current=horizontalsnow.flv
Last edited by Fist and Faith on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

We got a snowstorm last night. Nothing like that, though.

And today...I can see the sun!!
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Spring's been here since Friday, which is a bit messed up considering the date!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

All better. It ended about 10 minutes after I posted. Crazy, crazy stuff. I called one of Christy's sons, who was waiting in the car 10 miles away as his mother was in a store, and asked him if it was snowing. He said, "Yeah! But it's not coming down from the sky! It's sideways!"
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Stonemaybe wrote:Spring's been here since Friday, which is a bit messed up considering the date!
Here too. The last few days have been sunny and mild. We didn't see so much as a hint of snow this 'winter', and I only had to wear gloves once.
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

CovenantJr wrote: Here too. The last few days have been sunny and mild. We didn't see so much as a hint of snow this 'winter', and I only had to wear gloves once.
Shhh! Don't meantion the 'S' word too loudly or the weather gods may hear you! Feb always seems to be a bad weather month so I wouldn't rule out snow just yet.

I'm all for an early spring/summer though! It was lovely down my way today-blue skies and sunshine galore!
"-People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Wienies, all of yeh!

8)

Pie and Cake
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

The Leper Fairy wrote:Wienies, all of yeh!

8)
hehehe...it's been doing the sideways blowing snow stuff here for weeks now... :lol:

We have a 12 ft base and I'd say at least 25ft drifts. Maybe I'll take a pic and put it in the album.
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Yes, pictures!

Incredible tale, Fist! As for concerns about the quality of your video, hey, it couldn't by any worse than a lot of the low-res crap I see on youtube. Post it! :)

Here, we haven't had a lot of snow lately (yesterday's mini-blizzard notwithstanding!). Instead, we've been experiencing seriously cold temperatures with a wicked wind behind it.
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

It snowed here exactly once so far this season, for about two hours, but not a single flake stuck to the ground. It was beautiful coming down, and then. . . . . nothing. A bit anti-climatic really :?
Has anyone seen my keys?
Tull
Stonedownor

Post by Tull »

We had some really good snowstorms the past few weeks. A lot of horizontal stuff... now it's just cold. I think it hit somewhere around -20 or -30 with wind chill today.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Matrixman wrote:Incredible tale, Fist! As for concerns about the quality of your video, hey, it couldn't by any worse than a lot of the low-res crap I see on youtube. Post it! :)
If only. I've tried sending flix txt-like to my email, but my cell won't let me. Kinda annoying to have a cell phone, which, practically by definition!!, should be able to communicate with beings and/or devices outside itself; and have that cell take flix, implying it can communicate those flix to beings and/or devices outside itself - yet it is unable to do so.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Matrixman wrote:Incredible tale, Fist! As for concerns about the quality of your video, hey, it couldn't by any worse than a lot of the low-res crap I see on youtube. Post it! :)
If only. I've tried sending flix txt-like to my email, but my cell won't let me. Kinda annoying to have a cell phone, which, practically by definition!!, should be able to communicate with beings and/or devices outside itself; and have that cell take flix, implying it can communicate those flix to beings and/or devices outside itself - yet it is unable to do so.
Such is the way of things in an inperfect world...
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

We've been having a thunder-ice storm all morning. And rain/ice/snow is expected again for this evening. My poor little feet turned into blocks of ice on my way into work, as the slush was higher than the level of my pumps. :?

I left all of my students' manuals in my car, so I have to venture outside again in the next hour or so. :(
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Wyldewode wrote:We've been having a thunder-ice storm all morning. And rain/ice/snow is expected again for this evening. My poor little feet turned into blocks of ice on my way into work, as the slush was higher than the level of my pumps. :?

I left all of my students' manuals in my car, so I have to venture outside again in the next hour or so. :(
Your poor feet!

I shall keep them warm, with my mind bullets! :P
B&
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Thanks. . . they're just about thawed now. . . I'll let you know when they need re-warming. :D

I swear. . . today's weather is fit only for lounging in pajamas and fuzzy socks, covered with a warm throw, and doing something cozy.

And for the weather update. . . still raining. . . and 30 degrees. :(
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Fairly cold here, too, yesterday and today. Temp is currently in the teens, with wind chill taking us much lower. The wind is the killer part, for sure... and to think I saw very silly people wearing flipflops and light jackets in this weather yesterday! Are these people idiots?

We are slated to get 3-7 inches of snow in the next 24 hrs - nowhere near the feet-upon-feet of snow that Furls is talking about - but this will be the first time it has snowed when the temp has been significantly below freezing - so we might get our first hard snow of the season... hopefully the last, too. Winter :| Where is global warming when you need it?

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Wyldewode wrote:Thanks. . . they're just about thawed now. . . I'll let you know when they need re-warming. :D

I swear. . . today's weather is fit only for lounging in pajamas and fuzzy socks, covered with a warm throw, and doing something cozy.

And for the weather update. . . still raining. . . and 30 degrees. :(
Hm. And I got sunburned in Atlanta yesterday. :P
B&
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

But then again, you can get sunburned while skiing in the snow. ;)

We have a saying here in Missouri. . . if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes and it will change. Last Saturday it was around 70 degrees. :P
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Really awesome weather here for the last few days :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”