I Am Legend - missing text in current edition?

For those who want to talk about other authors, but can't be bothered to go join other boards...

Moderators: Orlion, Dragonlily

Mistweave
Woodhelvennin

I Am Legend - missing text in current edition?

Post by Mistweave »

G'day all,

I just got my copy of I Am Legend from Amazon (I've been meaning to read it for years) and I've reached a spot where there seems to be missing text.

Its towards the bottom of page 55 - a page and a bit from the end of Chapter 8 - and goes
...Later, he cried.

He drove it into the stomach, into the shoulder...
The first line is of Richard breaking down in his home. The second is the middle of an attack on a vampire elsewhere.

If anyone has a copy, can you check it. If you have an earlier edition, could you check that.

I'm going to contact the publisher (TOR) but they only offer a postal address so I would like to confirm a problem before I write to them.

Aside from this glitch, I'm really enjoying the book (much more enjoyable than the Omega man or the Will Smith movie).

Thanks in advanced.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

That's actually exactly how it should be. It's a deliberate stylistic cut from one of the main character's alcoholic benders, straight to the business of 'vampire slaying'. No need to worry about it, it's supposed to be jarring (in a narrative sense).
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Fullmetal660
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Fullmetal660 »

After thinking about it now you can see how it jumps around abit, still a good book. Would've liked it a bit longer though.

Return to “General Literature Discussion”