Star Trek: 20 Minutes of JJ's Star Trek has been seen!

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

aTOMiC
Lord

Star Trek: 20 Minutes of JJ's Star Trek has been seen!

Post by aTOMiC »

denofgeek.com/movies/144620/star_trek_f ... iewed.html

also

www.empireonline.com/empireblog/Post.asp?id=313

If you don't like spoilers DON'T read the article posted above.
I don't seem to mind so I read it anyway. :-)

After reading the description I'm becoming cautiously optimistic about this film. I'm ready for ANY action/space adventure to blow me away but I'll be doubly pleased if said film is Star Trek. I won't say any more.

Those of you who are going to see Quantum of Solace this weekend will be treated to the first full length trailer for said Star Trek.

Here's hoping. :biggrin:
Last edited by aTOMiC on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Every picture I've seen, only 3, have been very pleasing.
I can't wait.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

This photo was posted today. Seems JJ has opted to go for more of the "Motion Picture" version of the Enterprise with a few minor design changes.
That appears to be a shuttle craft heading toward the camera in the foreground.

popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11/star-trek-first.html
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

The "Motion Picture" Enterprise was and remains my favorite version of the ship. This new, more "muscular" one looks all right by itself, but since we're comparing, I think it misses what I call the "classical poise" of the Motion Picture ship (notwithstanding that the new film is a "prequel"). Yes, I know, it's all subjective.
rdhopeca
The Master

New trailer up...

Post by rdhopeca »

www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek

Can't decide if it's going to be good or not...that opening sequence of the trailer just seems to me to be stunt for stunt's sake...
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Saw the trailer before QoS, and I wasn't impressed, but that's not going to keep me from seeing this flick.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

dlbpharmd wrote:Saw the trailer before QoS, and I wasn't impressed, but that's not going to keep me from seeing this flick.
It looked really action-heavy. I don't know if that's a good thing for a Trek film.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I will say that, at least on the surface, the casting looks good...
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, everyone knows what I think of Star Trek, so take my comments with a grain of salt. But what's with calling the Romulan villain 'Nero'? First Roddenberry is 'original' enough to have the aliens to come from a planet named Romulas, they act like Romans with Roman names and now they have use another Roman name? Serious, this is ridiculous. Adding pointed ears and ridges above eyes to make us think we're looking at aliens is one thing, weak at that, but using actual historical names is weak beyond belief.

Someone tell me I'm wrong . . . .like the Romulans travelled into our past and founded the Roman empire. :lol:
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Loremaster wrote: Someone tell me I'm wrong . . . .like the Romulans travelled into our past and founded the Roman empire. :lol:
Actually, they did, and they ruled much of the known world until the Huns came and killed all of those pointy-eared bastards.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I would have liked an adventure that fit in with the original canon instead of what sounds to me like some revisionist stuff. Surely we did not see every adventure that the crew had?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Awesome!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Brilliant! Give 'em hell, Jim.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

:lol:
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Loremaster wrote: Someone tell me I'm wrong . . . .like the Romulans travelled into our past and founded the Roman empire. :lol:
Actually, they did, and they ruled much of the known world until the Huns came and killed all of those pointy-eared bastards.
I bet the real evil bad guys behind the Romulans are a Borg-like race called the Visigon.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Awesome Loremaster!
But as I watch it a 7th time I have to keep reminding myself......trailers make even the worst movies look fantastic.
But damn-it, this looks f#cking fantastic!
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:Awesome Loremaster!
But as I watch it a 7th time I have to keep reminding myself......trailers make even the worst movies look fantastic.
But damn-it, this looks f#cking fantastic!
Yeah, it does look fantastic. Oh well, I'm going to see it. :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Looks good!

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”