Vampire the Requiem

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Vampire the Requiem

Post by Loredoctor »

I know nothing has happened with Dark Heresy - that will change soon (as soon as I am able, I will post the careers and the rules) - I also plan to run a vampire roleplaying game. If anyone has heard of an immensely popular rpg called Vampire: the Masquerade, you will know what I am talking about (I used to run Werewolf the Apocalypse, as well as owning almost every World of Darkness book). Anyway, Requiem is a reboot of the setting.

Think of Interview with the Vampire, with vampire politics, werewolves, ghosts, human hunters, in a dark, gothic modern setting.

Is anyone interested?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Yeah ill be keen, depending on time constraints involved with the game, and im still on for dark heresy.

I just finished playing the pC game vampire the masquerade bloodlines. Have always liked the vampire rpg as well. so yeah im pretty keen
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I'm interested....but any chance of making it Masquerade? I have zero experience in Requiem, own no books...but have a TON of Masquerade stuff.

or Werewolf Apocalypse, maybe?

OK, being serious..Yes, I'm interested in Requeim, I'll jsut need a lto fo coaching.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Seven Words wrote:I'm interested....but any chance of making it Masquerade? I have zero experience in Requiem, own no books...but have a TON of Masquerade stuff.

or Werewolf Apocalypse, maybe?

OK, being serious..Yes, I'm interested in Requeim, I'll jsut need a lto fo coaching.
Given that I no longer have Masquerade, I cannot I am sorry.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Sounds great. Might have to pop in Bloodlines again.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Great everyone! Okay, this is going ahead!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Update, as I now have Werewolf: The Forsaken I am also interested in running games in that setting, too.

It would be interesting to see a clash between the forsaken and the kindred.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Ohhhhh

Interesting....

I gotta start thinkin of character ideas.
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Has the lore changed significantly between Masquerade and Requiem? Is Cain still the father of the Kindred, etc.?
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Tepes wrote:Has the lore changed significantly between Masquerade and Requiem? Is Cain still the father of the Kindred, etc.?
The lore has changed depending on the setting. It changed a lot for Werewolf, although that was needed in my opinion (less about eco-warriors). As for Vampire, it does not state who the first vampire was - their genesis story is left up to the gm/storyteller. From what I have read, there is nothing stopping me making it Cain. However, from what I have seen they have removed the generations, the Sabbat (I'm shattered the Tzimisce are gone), and the Camarilla. But the setting is better - less about 1 minute to midnight, before the antediluvians wake up, and more about being a vampire and their society.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Could I please have a World of Darkness forum? :biggrin:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, I am quickly reading the core World of Darkness rulebook and will then move on to Vampire the Requiem.

Given that I have a lot of interest, this is something I am serious about. I plan to run a fictitious city in the United States or the United Kingdom (more likely the former, as the UK is dominated by fae, ghosts and werewolves). There will be several vampire kindred of varying factions and philosphies, vying for power. Your characters not only will have to survive night to night looking for blood, avoiding hunters, completing chronicles (adventures), but also navigate the political realm of the city.

Some time later, I will expand the map to include a large forested area like the Rockies of the US. If some people are interested, this will be the campaign map for the werewolves. As one can probably guess, it will allow for interactions between the kindred and the werewolves - violent or otherwise.

I should add, I would like to run like a sandbox. The players do what they want - go where they want and suffer the consequences or reap the rewards.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

will the characters be on their own or will they be forced to act as a party? And how will you run it? Like the old Warhamer RPG myself and Montressor played awhile back? (and you too if i remember correctly) or what.

I is curious
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:will the characters be on their own or will they be forced to act as a party? And how will you run it? Like the old Warhamer RPG myself and Montressor played awhile back? (and you too if i remember correctly) or what.

I is curious
Good question. I think the kindred can function independently, although they might find it harder to survive.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

sweet as :)

I just find online party based roleplays hard to keep up with sometimes. all it takes is one person to be unavailable unexpectedly and it all turns to custard *remembers last men in hell*

You played on the Warhammer site with myself and Montressor did you not lore? that was kinda good, being individual but being able to interact and form a party as well. But alot of work went into it also, and when that work died so did the site
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:sweet as :)

I just find online party based roleplays hard to keep up with sometimes. all it takes is one person to be unavailable unexpectedly and it all turns to custard *remembers last men in hell*
God and Ch1mpgay ruined it. Well, God ruined things for the US. Oh man, did my Japanese Imperial Navy rule the seas. I felt so proud in the end when I saw the results and I came out on top.
Dorian wrote:You played on the Warhammer site with myself and Montressor did you not lore? that was kinda good, being individual but being able to interact and form a party as well. But alot of work went into it also, and when that work died so did the site
Yeah, I did. I played the Dwarven trader, Heinrich Ditesse z7.invisionfree.com/Mesembria/index.php?showtopic=297 I miss that game.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Yeah same, was a real good game. I had an affection for all my characters on there, which is a sign of a good game.

I must admit I am very interested in seeing how you run this game, as I have considered running a Roleplay myself on here, but have been unsure as to how to go about it. Have considered doing it similar to Mesembria but havnt been sure if that is a very successful way to go about it.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I would love to play!

(I hope I"m not coming to the game too late.)
The King has one more move.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

caamora wrote:I would love to play!

(I hope I"m not coming to the game too late.)
You're in!

The game may be a month or two before it starts. But when it starts, it is going to be great. I promise you it will surpass pantheon and every other game here. What I have planned is very exciting.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

To inspire people . . .

Clan Daeva
Emotional and sensual, the Daeva cultivate both desire among their prey and physical perfection among themselves. Sexual predators and sensual hedonists alike populate the ranks of the clan. Succubus sires look for some combination of charm, culture, seductiveness, desire to achieve, passion and physical beauty. Many Daeva Embrace mortals to whom they have become attached, but this attachment almost invariably proves false, a mixture of lust and simple hunger. Few relationships are as euphoric as those between a Daeva and a newly Embraced childe, and few grow cold as swiftly.
Nickname: Succubi
Disciplines: Daeva are masters of Majesty, the vampiric Discipline of lust and want. Their blood also favors the inhuman grace and power of the Disciplines of Celerity and Vigor.
Weakness: The Daeva’s cursed blood enslaves them to darker passions.

The Invictus Covenant (The Invictus (also known as the "First Estate") are mostly concerned with material gain and power and therefore heavily involved in city politics and business.)

Return to “Gravin Threndor”