Staff and Rukh

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Staff and Rukh

Post by Blackhawk »

this isnt the staff of law but a standard lords staff.. and the Rukh would be the Na-Mhorams.. I think the others carried shorter Rukhs.

you can see some of what i have done here at KW in the laborium, or at my new webpage link in my signature.

There is also a short animation I did of the Southron Wastes..moving clouds with the sound of wind on my page using the animation/videos link. it may take a minute or so to load.... the file is about 1.2 mb

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

That's impressive Blackhawk! There's some great ones on the website too.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

AWsome.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Staff Envy
Servant of the Land

Post by Staff Envy »

Nice job, but I thought it was Lords "Fire".
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Staff Envy wrote:Nice job, but I thought it was Lords "Fire".
Thanks everyone, I had to double check to see if it is lightning or Fire.. It seems in some quotes the lords can either produce Fire or lightning..mostly it mentions lighting, but in a few places it mentions a lightning like fire or incandescent flames...I Found a few quotes from the first two books.
From LFB: Mhoram strove to strike harder. His strength played like lightning along his staff as he dealt blow after blow against the loremaster. Weakened by its losses, the wedge began to give ground.

From LFB: But Lord Mhoram moved. Springing onto the dais, he whirled his staff around his head until the air hummed, and blue lightning bolted upward into the clustered stalactites.

From IEW: she turned Myrha, faced the watchtower. From the Staff of Law, she sent crackling into the sky a great, branched lightning tree.

From IEW: The metal rang through the sacred enclosure like a clashing of shields, and blue Lords-fire burst from the upheld end of each staff. The incandescent flames burned hotly, outshining the light of the torches. But the Staff of Law dazzled them all, flaring like a tongue of lightning.

From IEW: Lord Callindrill set himself to widen the gap. Protected by a circle of Bloodguard, he unleashed a lightning fire that caught in the grass and crackled across the front of the foe.
Staff Envy
Servant of the Land

Post by Staff Envy »

My bad, I stand humbled in your awesomeness.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Staff Envy wrote:My bad, I stand humbled in your awesomeness.
LOL!!

:P :D

we were both right... looks like a mix of fire and lightning

I will have to keep that in mind when i actually do some character scenes using lords fire.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

It is interesting how the individual reader interprets such things. I always pictured L-rds Fire as blue flames, that dance and flicker along the staff like lightening, but not shaped like lightening itself. I like your interpretation as well though, Blackhawk.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Both are excellent!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”