Thomas Covenant and Lena on Kevins Watch

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

This is TC and Lena on Kevins Watch with TC having a vertigo attack and Lena Climbing to see whos there. I changed the original Kevins Watch also on the Mithil Valley post, both are in the laborium.

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

Well done BH on your TC/Lena scene. One of your best to date. :yourock:
"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Wow, that is just gorgeous!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Wonderful! Awesome!
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Thanks Everyone :) It took a while because clothing these characters is harder than getting a 3 year old to put on a Tuxedo... :D but im getting a better grasp at it.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Amazing Blackhawk! I just had a vertigo attack too!
soft one
Ramen

Post by soft one »

Absolutely incredible! That's EXACTLY how I pictured the scene. Excellent work! May I use this as my wallpaper?
Covenant turned in time to see a short figure detach itself from the burning mud, step queasily onto the hard ground.

The figure was scarcely taller than the skest, and shaped like them, a misborn child without eyes or any other features. But it was made of mud. Flames flickered over it as it climbed from the fire, then died away, leaving a dull brown creature like a sculpture poorly wrought in clay. Reddish pockets embedded in its form glowed dully.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Spectacular, Blackhawk! Visual proof once more that Kevin's Watch is the single most insane piece of rock in the Land.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

thanks StevieG, Soft One and Matrixman :D - Be my guest Soft One, you may need to crop it to make it fit full screen..thats what i did, I would use the one that is in the post rather than whats in the laborium. its downsized in quality a bit in the laborium. I altered the valleyview of the watch also..its got more lean to it now. :)
soft one
Ramen

Post by soft one »

Thank you very much!
Covenant turned in time to see a short figure detach itself from the burning mud, step queasily onto the hard ground.

The figure was scarcely taller than the skest, and shaped like them, a misborn child without eyes or any other features. But it was made of mud. Flames flickered over it as it climbed from the fire, then died away, leaving a dull brown creature like a sculpture poorly wrought in clay. Reddish pockets embedded in its form glowed dully.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

That is astounding, BH. FYI, I also suffer from vertigo, and that is exactly what you do, you face away from the edge and don't look, while bracing yourself against something stationary. While reading this passage of LFB, I completely couldn't see how TC could make it down those stairs. When you have vertigo, the sensation of falling is incredibly real, even if you are holding on to a solid rock rail or wall. They'd have to carry me down.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Psst, Blackhawk: is the landscape we see beyond Kevin's Watch supposed to correspond to a map of the Land? I was wondering what tall mountains we are looking at in the first picture (the one with with TC and Lena), and if that is supposed to be Mt. Thunder in the middle. I know you indicated that the river we see is the Mithil River.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

wayfriend wrote:Psst, Blackhawk: is the landscape we see beyond Kevin's Watch supposed to correspond to a map of the Land? I was wondering what tall mountains we are looking at in the first picture (the one with with TC and Lena), and if that is supposed to be Mt. Thunder in the middle. I know you indicated that the river we see is the Mithil River.
its not really based on any maps ive seen or made, I had intended it to be the Northern most points of the Southron Range. with the watch facing N by NW, it is a NNE viewpoint with the Range coming south to wrap around the Plains of Ra..the landrider would pass between the two smaller peaks directly to the left of the largest peak centered in the image (I never had any descriptions of landrider to the south or north of Roamsedge Ford other than passing the colosus in PTP - though TC and FF used it on the lower land after colosus, though Landrider is not visible), while Mithil winds NW to connect with the Black somewhere up in the plains to the left, .... I thought about putting Mount thunder into the shot but its way too far away to see ... im guessing 450 miles or more from KW... But I suppose two points that far up may be visible to each other from that distance on a REALLY clear day :D

Rocksister : That is astounding, BH. FYI, I also suffer from vertigo, and that is exactly what you do, you face away from the edge and don't look, while bracing yourself against something stationary. While reading this passage of LFB, I completely couldn't see how TC could make it down those stairs. When you have vertigo, the sensation of falling is incredibly real, even if you are holding on to a solid rock rail or wall. They'd have to carry me down.

:D my original shot had TC standing on the watch arms spread wide like he was in the sound of music..hehe ..it looked nice but it was completely incorrect :)[/list]
Spirit of the Knight
Servant of the Land

Post by Spirit of the Knight »

Excellent Blackhawk. I'm using that for my desktop background. Thanks
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

that is awesome Blackhawk, agree it's your finest work to date; what's more it is very similar to how the scene plays out in my imagination - get outta my head dude !! :wink: :)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

No kidding, that's awesome!!!!!!!! I don't have the slightest fear of heights, but, man, if I did...!! The staircase is excellent!!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Thomas Covenant
Woodhelvennin

Post by Thomas Covenant »

It looked nothing like that.
I don't need a signature!
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

to the Blackhawk flying by it did :)

nice to see you come out of the woodwork after 2 YEARS to say so though.. :P

thanks Sleeplessone, Fist and Faith, and Spirit of the night. im glad you like it. :)
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Blackhawk wrote:to the Blackhawk flying by it did :)

thanks Sleeplessone, Fist and Faith, and Spirit of the night. im glad you like it. :)
I think it's perfect. Only thing is I couldnt find a link to the resized pic so I have to keep scrolling around to see it - kinda ruins the effect. But it is great.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

lorin wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:to the Blackhawk flying by it did :)

I think it's perfect. Only thing is I couldnt find a link to the resized pic so I have to keep scrolling around to see it - kinda ruins the effect. But it is great.
Thanks Lorin. you can get a scaled down version if you go to the Laborium..in the photo album section of KW.

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/album_cat.php?cat_id=18

I downsized it a bit for file size and dimension restrictions.. you can also see it in the Artwork of the Land link at the top of my webpage, it opens in much smaller perspective unless you click view image full size image.

BTW I would like to see more of your own work in the laborium :D
good stuff...

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”