How's this for an idea ...

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

hyarmion
Stonedownor

How's this for an idea ...

Post by hyarmion »

How's this for an idea ... Once the Illearth War was finally over and done with, i.e after TC had defeated the Despiser and destroyed the Illearth Stone, High Lord Mhoram and Lord Amatin settled down to become Mr. & Mrs. Mhoram. ;)
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

:?: : and then what...
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

They had three kids named
Co
In
Wist
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Not sure if there are any hints of Mhoram and Amatin having a thing for each other. But once all that nasty Foul business was put aside, it's certainly possible. Mhoram's parents were, after all, both Lords: it's a family business. :)
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

What if they swapped staff's as part of the wedding ceremony.
If so then... :!:

I liked the relationship between Verement and Shetra.
Verement could even have been Findail, he certainly looked like him.
Wouldn't that make a grand tale!

Just a thought!
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I do like speculating on things from time to time... gives the novels a bit more of life, IMO.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

Something has to have happened in the time between the end of TPTP and the advent of the sunbane.

Viva the speculative posts :D
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

I'm glad we don't see things like that. By all accounts, she was kind of cute, right?
And he was a bit, umm, older than she.

I wouldn't want to see this exchange -- "Umm, gee Mhoram. I really like you ... as a friend. But not like ... that. You know what I mean."
"We can still be friends, right?"

Or maybe it happens the other way around. They have a go at it, but, after a couple of months, Mhoram calls her aside and says, "It's not you, it's me."

I just don't want to see any of that.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Sorry, I think of Mhoram as a bit monk-ish, dedicated only to the lore of the Land and its protection and health. I don't see him as having any interest whatsoever in the carnal side of things, or even just emotional attachment to someone in that way. Of course, I see ALL the Lords in that way, even the ones that were married and had children together, so I guess the point is irrelevant here. Yea, once things got settled down a bit, who knows what might have happened? Maybe they built a mighty golden mead hall and threw a party for the next hundred years. It would be nice to have a fill-in book; "What Went Between," or something. It has been a long wait for the next book. If SRD does that thing where nothing major/significant happens until the very last sentence again, I'm going to shoot someone.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Loresraat
Stonedownor

Post by Loresraat »

In some ways, yes, Mhoram was pretty monk-ish. However, I think that had more to do with Mhoram's circumstances than his nature. During his service as a Lord, the Land lived under the shadow of Foul's original prophecy to TC for fifty years, and the majority of that time Mhoram was a Seer, which was NOT a pleasant experience. A person in that situation could easily decide that it's not a good time to think about starting a family--or just not think of it at all since they have bigger fish to fry.

I happen to agree with others who see the possibility of Mhoram and Amatin winding up together. It's not that there was necessarily something between them while we saw them during the time of the novels, but there are several passages that definitlely made me suspect there's the potential for something later on. For one, Mhoram was practically sick with worry when Amatin ran back into the enemy-infested guard-tower to help evacuate everyone. Mhoram also made a point to be there for her when she pushed herself past her limits clearing the gates, and afterwords badgered the healers until they *promised* she'd be okay.

Granted, there are other ways to interpret these scenes, but it struck me pretty forcefully when last I re-read the Chronicles that there was the possibility of something between the two.

Oh, and @ Krazy Kat--great minds think alike! Trading staffs would make a perfect ceremony for a pair of Lords.
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

We all know Covenant is VERY perceptive.
Doesn't he say something, either to Mhoram or in his presence about, "Does he love her too?" About Elena in Illearth War.
Possibly said about someone else, but again, in Mhoram's presence to make the point that they might all be.
But it was probalby in lust with Elena
I don't think Mhoram is a monkish at all.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”