Anyone reading the Dresden Files?

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Anyone reading the Dresden Files?

Post by SerScot »

I'm the first to admit that they are not deep reading. But they are fun books. Jim Butcher's prose is adequte to excellent. I really think he could be a deeper writer if he were to slow down and write a bit more deliberately. That said he's been churning out two novels a year plus several short stories for some time now.

Anyone else here a Harry Dresden fan? I'm desperate to get my hands on the newist book Changes. It should arrive today or tomorrow (I sincerely hope today).

:)
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

I am current on the series, except for the one you mentioned. Is it the latest? I must go and acquire it now!

They are all quick reads... which I found refreshing. I didn't discover them until mid-Spring last year, where I got Summer Knight, enjoyed it mightily, and commenced to snarf the series in order. Good stuff. Not great stuff... but good stuff. I recommend it.

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

I finished Changes last night. It certianly lives up to its title.

If you haven't read the Dresden Files, you should.

:)
Farm Ur-Ted
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Farm Ur-Ted »

I pounded through the first 11 books recently-I really liked them. I haven't gotten the newest one yet, but as soon as I finish Dust of Dreams, I'll be all over it. I love me some Marcone.
Roach trotted over to sniff at the gleaming phlegm, then licked it up.

The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”