Thor (Spoilers!)

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Xar
Lord

Thor (Spoilers!)

Post by Xar »

So, the Thunder God from Marvel Comics is set to hit theaters in May 2011. They started shooting the movie in January, but thus far, no one has been able to get pictures from the set. Given that the director is Kenneth Branagh, and there the movie includes actors such as Anthony Hopkins, plus the title role was given to a newcomer (Chris Hemsworth, who played Kirk's father in the 2009 Star Trek movie), one can see why the security has been so tight on one hand, and why people want to see pictures so desperately on the other. Thor is a very difficult character to bring on film without making him look ridiculous, especially if he's supposed to be in the same universe portrayed in the Iron Man franchise and the and Hulk movie.

Anyway, today the first official picture of the title character was released, and you can look at it here.

Snooping around, I also found out that Latino Review showed an unofficial picture allegedly taken from the New Mexico set, which you can see here. Should this picture be true, I can already see the fans drooling ;)

Finally, looks like there is a post-credits scene in Iron Man 2 which is especially interesting to Thor fans... Which you can read about here (but be warned, it's spoilery!).

Supposedly, Marvel is going to release some more official pictures for the Thor movie in the days following Iron Man 2's release in North America...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Yay!
The one super hero comic I followed for a short time as a kid!

I can not wait...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I'm way down with this...hope they don't mess it up [and it's a hard one not to devolve to silliness]
The only ones I followed regularly as a kid were Silver Surfer, Daredevil, Thor.
[kinda liked Submariner, too]
[And this list excludes the women...they really really really need to do more of the women in films....and not for "Boobage" though I appreciate, I think it was Aliantha, introducing this word to my vocab in a different thread today]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Re: Thor

Post by Fist and Faith »

Xar wrote:Snooping around, I also found out that Latino Review showed an unofficial picture allegedly taken from the New Mexico set, which you can see here. Should this picture be true, I can already see the fans drooling ;)
The Destroyer in the first movie??? That's a mistake right there. Should definitely put him up against something less powerful than that to start.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Re: Thor

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Xar wrote: Anyway, today the first official picture of the title character was released, and you can look at it here.
I love that guy.....in a man-crush sort of way. :lol:
Xar wrote:Snooping around, I also found out that Latino Review showed an unofficial picture allegedly taken from the New Mexico set, which you can see here. Should this picture be true, I can already see the fans drooling ;)
Well....damn! They nailed it perfect. Looks fantastic.
Xar wrote:Finally, looks like there is a post-credits scene in Iron Man 2 which is especially interesting to Thor fans... Which you can read about here (but be warned, it's spoilery!).

There's so many ways they can screw this up but I'm still giddy that it's happening.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Fist and Faith wrote: The Destroyer in the first movie??? That's a mistake right there. Should definitely put him up against something less powerful than that to start.
The Destroyer's fine; I don't want a wimpy first villain. Who would you like to see, Irving Forbush?
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Absorbing Man, Wrecker, Grey Gargoyle, Ulik... Anyone extremely tough, who he can really duke it out with. But Destroyer is unbeatable. Who's he gonna fight in the second movie if Destroyer's in the first?
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

The answer is, The Hulk. The second Thor movie will be the Avengers movie, aka Iron Man III. The suspicion is that Hulk is the 'villain' of the first 'Assembled' movie.

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Y'all go ahead and drool over The Destroyer.
Bloom's Legolas finally has competition. Image
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Fist and Faith wrote:Absorbing Man, Wrecker, Grey Gargoyle, Ulik... Anyone extremely tough, who he can really duke it out with. But Destroyer is unbeatable. Who's he gonna fight in the second movie if Destroyer's in the first?
Loki. Enchantress/Executioner. Hela. Ego. Ymir. There might not even be a sequel.
DukkhaWaynhim wrote:The answer is, The Hulk. The second Thor movie will be the Avengers movie, aka Iron Man III. The suspicion is that Hulk is the 'villain' of the first 'Assembled' movie.

dw
Or, like the comic, the Hulk and the Avengers get manipulated by Loki into fighting each other.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

^ Yeah... what he said. :)
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yes, I'll give you the Hulk. Not the Executioner, though. Not nearly in the same power class. Anybody ever worry that he's gonna beat Thor to a pulp?

The magic users aren't the same category, but yeah, I guess that could work. I just think Thor is best when brawling. Which of us gets excited thinking of his battle of wits vs Loki, as opposed to his fights against Destroyer, Beta Ray Bill, Surter, Hulk, Herc, etc. THAT'S what Thor is best for, and I think starting his franchise against the most powerful is gonna be anti-climactic for the following movies.

But I'm sure they'll work something out. :lol:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Fist and Faith wrote:Absorbing Man, Wrecker, Grey Gargoyle, Ulik... Anyone extremely tough, who he can really duke it out with. But Destroyer is unbeatable. Who's he gonna fight in the second movie if Destroyer's in the first?
Here's an interesting foe that has been used only once... Locus!

www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/locusthor.htm

:biggrin:
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I was completely non-plussed by the very idea of this...

...until I heard Kenneth Branagh is directing it.

?????

I just might have to check it out...
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

Any favourites for Sif?
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

"Terrorism is war by the poor, and war is terrorism by the rich"

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."

"The opposite of pro-life isn't pro-death. Y'know?"

"What if the Hokey Cokey really is what its all about?"
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

God I love it when women take off almost all their clothes and swing weapons around!!!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Fist and Faith wrote:God I love it when women take off almost all their clothes and swing weapons around!!!
You'd like my roommate.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:God I love it when women take off almost all their clothes and swing weapons around!!!
hmm...

I'll stick with my gi while doing kata with my , I think. :|

Return to “Flicks”