The Ur-vile and the Wraith. New piece of SRD art.

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

I finished a major project and now I'm actually getting back into the swing of cranking out art for...well just about anything. Here's a SRD work that has that whole kind of side of a van feel to it or a t-shirt your nine year old would wear.

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Amazing! what media are you using? It looks like a pen and ink overlayed on a digital background. I love the use of red and silver as highlights.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

That's correct. I usually ink out a black and white like this companion piece that going to follow the Ur-Vile. Both were drawn out last night, but I was only able to get the Ur-vile.

Then using Photoshop I will fully paint the first plate using shadows and highlights then really getting in and using the darken Shadow option with Highlights at full bore. When done another plate is duplicated and just using a reddish maroon to fill out the duplicated Ur-vile only. Then it's just a matter of finding the right lighting effect and whallah!

I need to practice with corel Painter 11. Yet I keep falling back on good old CS3. Blah! :P
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Your work is really great, you are a very skilled pen n' inker. I love the effect of in then paint. My favorite is ink drawings with watercolor.

I would love to see you play with the Wraith a little more, make it a little more special in the painting.

Do you have any suggestions for a decent replacement for PSP for Mac? I really miss psp,
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

Hehe, I knew you would want me to go all out on the Wraith. I've seen your very talented work in lighting effects, let alone the Avatar your sporting. I thought about it, but I wanted to keep it simple as not to distract from the Ur-vile, since I'm a monster guy.

So you switched over to Mac? Same here. All I could recommend would be Corel's Painter series along with any of the Adobe products. Though Mac seems to be rifting with adobe, so that has me concerned. You could download paintbrush . It's similar to PSPpaintbrush.sourceforge.net/
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I will give it a try tonight. Thanks!

You made me laugh, what would the world be without monsters? You need the dark in order to appreciate the light, right?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Kevin, if I can find someone with a good printer and t-shirt transfer, may I make a t-shirt of the graphic in the first post for Beorn? Do you have a high quality file of it which can be downloaded for the purpose?

Or maybe ~jay could put it up on the Watch t-shirt shop site for any and all to order? I'm thinking a navy or black t-shirt with the graphic on the back and either the "100% Unbeliever" or the url for the boards with "The Official Stephen R. Donaldson Forum" tagline, or some such.

I think a shirt would be awesome, if you approve!
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

Menolly' I don't see that being a problem. As an graphic artist I would hope jay would give me a percentage of what's sold. Looks good in a Portfolio, plus I like eating cake, bread and a occasional wheat thin.
I would retain ownership of the drawing. I can't really sell it outright anyways since it's based on a novel by a author and a whole printing empire with nasty lawyers who'd eat me alive by taking my last toaster oven. Though if said lawyers and owners wanted to buy it, I'm in the market of selling out like a little whore. :P
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

always enjoy your work Kevin164, and the Ur-Vile/Wraith are no exception - great stuff, thanks for sharing :D
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Very, very nice. Love the dynamic pose!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

Thanks guys for the support. I'm glad you like it.
marineguy
Ramen

Re: The Ur-vile and the Wraith. New piece of SRD art.

Post by marineguy »

Kevin164 wrote:I finished a major project and now I'm actually getting back into the swing of cranking out art for...well just about anything. Here's a SRD work that has that whole kind of side of a van feel to it or a t-shirt your nine year old would wear.

wow, these are friggin great!!!!! NOM is excellent!!!!!
You judge too quickly giant

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”