KFC is vile!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

KFC is vile!

Post by Lord Zombiac »

My fiancée got a job there. She hates it! I think it took three days of eating the Colonel to achieve what the guy in "supersize me" did in a month.
My innerds feel like they've been glued shut.
I think I can still eat their cole slaw, but everything else will give me PTSD every time I smell deep frier fat!
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Everything in moderation!
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Yes, deep fried foods are bad for you when consumed in excess, especially if you are unused to them.

The main issue I see with everything offered at KFC is that nearly every item is a sodium grenade, which will insta-bloat you like an oompah-loompah.

When eating KFC, in moderation only, and consume large quantities of water to offset the grenade when it goes off.

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

it's damn good though!
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

DukkhaWaynhim wrote:Yes, deep fried foods are bad for you when consumed in excess, especially if you are unused to them.

The main issue I see with everything offered at KFC is that nearly every item is a sodium grenade, which will insta-bloat you like an oompah-loompah.

When eating KFC, in moderation only, and consume large quantities of water to offset the grenade when it goes off.

dw
Hmm, interesting tip. I rarely eat KFC but I'll bear it in mind.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

The sodium grenade phenomenon is true for a lot of fast-food places. I used to notice it mostly with Pizza Hut -- I'd be incredibly thirsty after eating their pizza.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

This topic makes me hungry...
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

oh man KFC...blegh

had a friend who worked at Arby's, said there was mold in the drink dispenser, and they'd put meat back on the grill after dropping it on the floor...

i will never eat fast food again.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

balon! wrote:oh man KFC...blegh

had a friend who worked at Arby's, said there was mold in the drink dispenser, and they'd put meat back on the grill after dropping it on the floor...

I try not to let stuff like this bother me too much... I knew someone who managed to make organic food sound just as bad. And things like these happen depending on who's in charge, who's working, etc. The best thing to do is eat out in moderation (maybe even less so) and prepare your own food.
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

And even then, you are likely limited by the quality of the food available through your local grocer, unless you are one of those lucky/unlucky enough to grow your own. I say this only to point out that it is not always possible to establish the objective quality of a food you purchase at the grocery except through diligence, experience, and constant monitoring. It isn't just about reading the labels - that only shows you what the producers are required by law to show you, and can be misleading, inaccurate, or downright untrue.

dw
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

balon! wrote:oh man KFC...blegh

I used to work at the meat room and the deli at a national chain.....
Just cross your fingers wherever you go.
:hairs:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

High Lord Tolkien wrote: I used to work at the meat room and the deli at a national chain.....
*shudddder*

Local food shops all the way! Walley's FTW! :D
Best sandwiches I've ever had.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

balon! wrote:
High Lord Tolkien wrote: I used to work at the meat room and the deli at a national chain.....
*shudddder*

Local food shops all the way! Walley's FTW! :D
Best sandwiches I've ever had.
I don't know about local food shops... at least around here, I've seen cleaner conditions on a grill next to a highway in a third-world country.
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Unless you personally grew it from seed or baby, you just have to keep your eyes open, trust your instincts, learn from experience... and never eat bargain hot dogs.

dw
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

DukkhaWaynhim wrote:Unless you personally grew it from seed or baby, you just have to keep your eyes open, trust your instincts, learn from experience... and never eat bargain hot dogs.

dw
So very true...
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Orlion wrote:I don't know about local food shops... at least around here, I've seen cleaner conditions on a grill next to a highway in a third-world country.
Yeah, i've eaten in some pretty sketchy places in downtown Seattle..
around here, things are pretty good.

Worst place I've ever eaten I got food poisoning, and I knew the place had been having a run of it...

...the fool or the fool who eats there? Heh.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

aliantha wrote:The sodium grenade phenomenon is true for a lot of fast-food places. I used to notice it mostly with Pizza Hut -- I'd be incredibly thirsty after eating their pizza.
I believe the worst is Taco Bell with regards to sodium.

I haven't eaten from KFC in a couple of years, it's out of the way for me. The grocery store in town has better fried chicken anyway.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Damelon wrote:
aliantha wrote:The sodium grenade phenomenon is true for a lot of fast-food places. I used to notice it mostly with Pizza Hut -- I'd be incredibly thirsty after eating their pizza.
I believe the worst is Taco Bell with regards to sodium.

I haven't eaten from KFC in a couple of years, it's out of the way for me. The grocery store in town has better fried chicken anyway.
But do they have 11 herbs and spices?!?!?
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

My flyboy & I started growing our own veggies this spring...it's now summer here in Oz, and we've had an absolute GLUT of roma & cherry tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, green beans, corn, cantaloupe & watermelon, and now the aubergines are in! :P ...even my basil & thyme plants have provided 'herbals' for our food!

We use the 'common land' in our complex, beefed up the soil & grew them from seeds...my proudest moment as my baby seedlings grew to fruition!! And it is completely pesticide free. The only fertiliser we used was sheep poo & worm pee...

This is the 'practice run' for our farmlet down south. So far, so good! ;)

Fast food is crap. It's full of MSG and other 'poisons'. Only way you'd get me eating KFC is with a Xenical chaser... :throwup:
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy

Return to “General Discussion Forum”