Hello, Newbs!

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Vraith wrote:All I have to say about alt sigs is this:
If Z and Rus were the same person, it would crack my ass up, and earn my vote for best actor on earth.
:haha:

Post of the year, right here, folks!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

"...and the Watchy for Best Actor goes to:"

Someday, I hope we get back to such a scene. Not sure, given the passage of time, that a realistic 2010 Watchy process is possible. Just too late to realistically expect the community as a whole to recall all the greatest moments of a year closed that long ago.

Of course, Vraith's post is a contender for 2011...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

You're DPJ? :lol: And all along I thought it was Goat, if I thought about it at all. I coulda checked of course, but couldn't be bothered. :D

--A
TheGryphon
Stonedownor

Post by TheGryphon »

Well, after reading through this entire thread, I realize I am, indeed, Well Come to a BBS chock full of fun folks!

I spent most of the morning wandering around, trying to figure out The Lay Of The Land, made a few posts, even started my own thread of some of my Poetry. I see I still have barely scratched the surface.

I have never used any "name" on any BBS other than The Gryphon (or The REAL Gryphon over on Aimoo, when some young whippersnapper grabbed MY name before I did....) I'm a brain-damaged old Bird who struggles to learn new skills, and keeping track of multiple personalities is beyond my ken.

I can hardly wait to next visit my local Library, where they know me as SRD's biggest fan (well, not literally....) I JUST MISSED meeting him a while ago here in Arkansas. I nearly plucked out my chest feathers with disappointment....

So, as one of the Newbies (how long does that label last?), let me say how much I appreciate your welcome. Thanks!
Incredible as it seems, my Life is based on a True Story.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Well come Mr. Gryphon! I like your name and your avatar. You will truly burn a swath of awesomeness across many hearts here at the Watch.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Ah, good to see you, LF.
But Gryphon has marked "eh-brand" as her gender... ;)
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Mr. Gryphon
May be the new member's spouse
Give LF a break
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Dread Poet Jethro,
I've posted a link below
For your enjoyment

picsauce.com/post/5518344094/haiku-ftw
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Dread Poet Jethro wrote:Mr. Gryphon
May be the new member's spouse
Give LF a break
Nice to see you again Dread Poet, the Forums have been too long without your prose
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Welcome Gryphon - another Arkansan?!? I grew up in north central Arkansas, myself! (but probably barely count as an Arkansan because I've moved a number of times since then)
aliantha wrote:
Vraith wrote:All I have to say about alt sigs is this:
If Z and Rus were the same person, it would crack my ass up, and earn my vote for best actor on earth.
:haha:

Post of the year, right here, folks!
Wowwwww... just wow! I never woulda seen that post if you hadn't put it on the last page of this thread by quoting it.

I really don't think any human mind/soul would be able to take that kind of "acting" and survive remotely sanely.
Starfire wrote:Newbs do not take or eschew action at your bidding.
I thought this one was a pretty fantastic post too. =)
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

TheGryphon wrote:Well, after reading through this entire thread, I realize I am, indeed, Well Come to a BBS chock full of fun folks!
Well, that's one word for it... :lol: They also answer to "insane" among other things. ;)
So, as one of the Newbies (how long does that label last?)...
Depends who you talk to. :lol: It probably lasts longer for the folks who've been around for 10 years. ;)

Figure 6 months to a year, depending on how much you post.

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Cambo wrote:Dread Poet Jethro,
I've posted a link below
For your enjoyment

picsauce.com/post/5518344094/haiku-ftw
great post - thank you for the laugh!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

TheGryphon wrote:So, as one of the Newbies (how long does that label last?)...
Depends who you talk to. :lol: It probably lasts longer for the folks who've been around for 10 years. ;)

--A
Speaking as one of the "old-timers": You lose the newbie label faster if you post more. ;)

Oh, and welcome to our noobs!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
TheGryphon
Stonedownor

Post by TheGryphon »

ROTFLMAO! You bunch are Crazy (but a GOOD kind of Crazy....) :P

First off, I'm a Ms Gryphon - there is no Mr Gryphon (although I do have a Marvy Man in my life, but he lives in New Jersey....)

Second, I'm not a native Arkansan. I moved here about 5 years ago from Bucks County, PA, so I could be closer to my Sister (and because it's a LOT cheaper to live here than back East!) I am still trying to learn my way around this State ("What do you mean, I can't get there from here? Oh, the Bridges are out again? And I have to drive HOW many miles out of my way to get to another bridge??? Nevermind. I'll just stay home!")

Arkansas is definitely a learning experience. I've lived all over the USA, and even spent a year in Bavaria, but there's no other place quite as odd as Arkansas..... ;)

I've one more chapter left to read in Fatal Revenant, then I'll start AATE. Then, like everybody else, I have to wait for the final book.

By then, I will NOT be a Newbie.... :biggrin:
Incredible as it seems, my Life is based on a True Story.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

aliantha wrote:
TheGryphon wrote:So, as one of the Newbies (how long does that label last?)...

--A
Speaking as one of the "old-timers": You lose the newbie label faster if you post more. ;)

Oh, and welcome to our noobs!
Yea, look at Cambo, he's only been around since October, and he'll be joining the Mile High Club (1000 Posts) in a few weeks, probably. I think he was only a newbie for a week or so :D He was even brave enough to jump into the Tank for Political Debate with both feet, ...er hands I guess (at least I assume he types with his hands) :D
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Sindatur wrote:Yea, look at Cambo, he's only been around since October, and he'll be joining the Mile High Club (1000 Posts) in a few weeks, probably. I think he was only a newbie for a week or so
Aw shucks. :D :oops: 8) Shhh. No-one telll my lecturers! :lol:
Sindatur wrote:He was even brave enough to jump into the Tank for Political Debate with both feet, ...er hands I guess (at least I assume he types with his hands)
When I'm in the Tank, I type with my fists ;) . I thought everyone did....

fernhold
Servant of the Land

Post by fernhold »

Ok I've spent some time roaming around the forums, by the way I love the art work!!!!
I've never read anything other than TCTC series but today, inspired by you folks I went to the library and borrowed "The Mirror of Her Dreams". So here I go on a brand new discovery quest!!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!
There is hope in contradiction. . . . .

"Have I not said that said that she is well Chosen?"
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Enjoy, Fernhold...those are great books.

Welcome to the Watch!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Cambo wrote:
Sindatur wrote:Yea, look at Cambo, he's only been around since October, and he'll be joining the Mile High Club (1000 Posts) in a few weeks, probably. I think he was only a newbie for a week or so
Aw shucks. :D :oops: 8) Shhh. No-one telll my lecturers! :lol:
Sindatur wrote:He was even brave enough to jump into the Tank for Political Debate with both feet, ...er hands I guess (at least I assume he types with his hands)
When I'm in the Tank, I type with my fists ;) . I thought everyone did....
We do, but Fist gets tired of being shaken, and he definitely exerts himself in the Tank enough to be worn out on his own accord :wink:

Hi Fernhold, Welcome to the Board, I hope you enjoy Mordant's Need

Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Sindatur wrote:We do, but Fist gets tired of being shaken, and he definitely exerts himself in the Tank enough to be worn out on his own accord
:LOLS: Between the Fists being shaken in the Tank, and all the Faith talk in the Close, he must exhaust himself trying to get noticed at all!

Return to “The Summonsing”