Why doesn't Dumbledore expel....

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Why doesn't Dumbledore expel....

Post by Revan »

The death eaters sons, I would snap their wands so they would nevber be able to use magic again.
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Dumbledore can't expel them. These kids belong to some of the wealthiest, most influential families in the wizarding world. He dares not just kick them out - he'd lose headmastership of the school for sure, possibley end up in Azkaban. And then there is always the possibility that they might let something slip. The enemy you can see is much less dangerous than the one you can't. Until it becomes plain for all to see that their parents are death eaters, Dumbledore is stuck with them.

I for one will be interested to see if they show up next year.....
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I still think he should expel them, because then they won't be allowed to do magic, and then they are no threat to him.
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Hey come on don't be so hard on the Death Eaters. They are just doing their jobs. Granted its a pretty messed up job, but someone has to do it.
like re-po workers IRS agents and telemarketers,Afterall they have little deatheaters @ home to feed and all those books to buy, come on cut them a little slack. Wow now that I think of it I guess that is about the closest thing we have to death eaters , telemarketers.
Yes I guess we can all just get along !

Smurfy, simply Smurfy !!!

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Ermingard
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ermingard »

If you expell the little brats then you will have UNlicenced wizards running around doing as they please, they could always get a new wand from somewhere, they're rich after all! And then ta-daaa rouge wizard brats everywhere ;) What a horrible scenario :)
"It is impossible for human nature to believe that money is not there. It seems so much more likely that the money is there and only needs bawling for."
--Dorothy Sayers, Busman's Honeymoon
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

They woundn't be able to use magic, they would get throw in Azkaban.
Ermingard
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ermingard »

Underage kids in Azkaban? Just because their parents are Deatheaters? I don't think so!
They can't be put into prison because of something they didn't do. Their parents did it, and even though they (the deatheters kids I mean) are unpleasant brats they haven't done anyting that's severe enough for Azkaban...
"It is impossible for human nature to believe that money is not there. It seems so much more likely that the money is there and only needs bawling for."
--Dorothy Sayers, Busman's Honeymoon
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

Quite so. Dumbledore seems not to be keen on expelling anyone, actually. It is usually someone else who is wanting Harry expelled.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Yeah I know. What's with that?
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Dumbledore probably wants to keep an eye on them, especially Malfoy. I don't think Crabbe or Goyle are smart enough to do anything without him.

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

There fathers don't seem that smart either.

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”