How was the universe first created?

Free discussion of anything human or divine ~ Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality

Moderators: Xar, Fist and Faith

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

How was the universe first created?

Post by Revan »

Was it the Big Bang? In that case, how did the Big Bang come about? Was it God? - IMO it wasn't. Have you got any other theories to how time came to exist. What do you think happened at the beginning of time?
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

It has been so long I don't remember how I did it.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

:LOLS:
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

No, actually answer probably, how do you think it happened?
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

yes, i think the big bang, but i don't even speculate on how, or what existerd before it. nothing, to me, sounds unlikely
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Current belief (among quantum physicists) is that the universe was born from a fluctuation in quantum fields.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

wait, how could ther be a fluxuation in quantum fields if there were no quanta... and what caused the fluxuation?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Well, this is hard to explain. If you treat 'nothing' as a state of nothing/something (quantum theory is like that - states of existence) then a random fluctuation may result in the universe being born. Particles come into existence from nothing all the time. For instance, virtual particles (particle and anti-particle). The theory is that the universe was a positive and the gravitational field it's negative. So the potential energy is balanced.
Zephalephelah
Banned

Post by Zephalephelah »

It's pretty easy to decide that it happened because of something you were taught throughout your life to believe.

You know who the real thinkers are? They are the ones who look at what is said "The world is flat" and decide that it isn't true because it is a silly notion.

First there was nothing & then suddenly for no reason at all, boom, there was something. Yeah, great theory. You know what that theory really represents, we don't have a single clue.

We don't know what the universe even looks like- closed, open, folded...

Some scientists even say it will collapse on itself. That's high humor given the size of the universe, and at any rate we can measure the moon moving away from the earth so I guess that blows that idea because all the galaxies in the universe appears to be moving away from all the rest with some minor collisions along the way out.

How about it makes no sense that there was once nothing & it makes no sense that there was once something?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

It's not that the galaxies are moving per se, it's that space is moving.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

I agree that it is almost impossible for me to believe that there was nothing, I don't find it impossible that the universe will collapse in on itself. Your right, we don't relly have much of the picture, but if no one theorises, then how can we expect to ever get closer to the real answer?
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I don't know....
Zephalephelah
Banned

Post by Zephalephelah »

First there was God. He existed outside of time. Therefore there was no such thing as "before". Then there was the universe.

It isn't like God was born, or that he chose a time to start the universe. There was no time. There was no universe. There was no dimension of physical existence. There was just God. He is. It wasn't He was there or He somehow came into being. You can't quantify time when there is no time to measure.

And this isn't so strange at it may seem. Consider the universe. Think of how large the universe is. Nope, larger. So you think larger. Nope larger. So you think larger. Nope, you can't do it. It is beyond our scope of comprehension because infinite space is not measurable.

So the answer is that there cannot be an answer without God.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

I'm not so sure, I don't believe in a god. Maybe the universe doese go in cycles..there is a big bang, everything expands, then gravity and other unknown forces cuase it to collapse, when it has shrunk to occupy one single point the density and compacted matter causes another big bang...maybe. As for what is outside of that, yes, time is relative, outside the universe it is likely that time does not exist... and no, I can't comprehend or even guess as to what might be outside the universe, presumably nothing, maybe other universes, or god. We just can't tell, it is possible that are whole universe may be the inside of another universes black hole...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Dinosaurs created the universe. They lived on our planet until we humans came along, then left because we humans smell so bad. Now they live on the third planet of Alpha Centauri, and use their powers to conceal their planet from detection by our satellites and telescopes. Every now and again they visit, usually because they are all master thespians, and they love acting in horror films, but also because we make better Buffalo wings than they do. :screwy:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Oh, and dinosaurs believe in God. God-Zilla :screwy:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

you can always rely on dAN to make a perfectly serious chat silly, don't you agree?

BTW-ROFLMAO
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

MEGATON dAN wrote:Dinosaurs created the universe. They lived on our planet until we humans came along, then left because we humans smell so bad. Now they live on the third planet of Alpha Centauri, and use their powers to conceal their planet from detection by our satellites and telescopes. Every now and again they visit, usually because they are all master thespians, and they love acting in horror films, but also because we make better Buffalo wings than they do. :screwy:
er...yes....right.... :)
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Zephalephelah wrote:First there was God. He existed outside of time. Therefore there was no such thing as "before". Then there was the universe.

It isn't like God was born, or that he chose a time to start the universe. There was no time. There was no universe. There was no dimension of physical existence. There was just God. He is. It wasn't He was there or He somehow came into being. You can't quantify time when there is no time to measure.

And this isn't so strange at it may seem. Consider the universe. Think of how large the universe is. Nope, larger. So you think larger. Nope larger. So you think larger. Nope, you can't do it. It is beyond our scope of comprehension because infinite space is not measurable.

So the answer is that there cannot be an answer without God.
I agree with you that the answers are beyond our measure of comprehension. But I think "So the answer is that there cannot be an answer without God", is false. There is no God, he cannot exist. There is no prove in his existence. And I think that God was a made up story by Moses (Whom wrote the first five books of the bible) and is fundamentally false.

No offense to those who are believers, I am to, but rather my belief is against, not for. 8)
Last edited by Revan on Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Do you like changing f's for v's?

Return to “The Close”