Apoligies to Avatar

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

CHAOSBAD
Servant of the Land

Apoligies to Avatar

Post by CHAOSBAD »

This is what I wrote to Avatar:

"You did right by taking down the post, my ignorance of ebook law is no excuse. I just wanted to share my recent purchase to people who enjoy The Land as much as I do. Apparently I can give away my one copy (either book or ebook) but I can't make other copies without the writers permission. In the future I will make sure that the copyrights are not active like with Shakespeare and Jules Verne before posting. My humblest apologies."

With that said please take down the abuse of power thread. it is no longer relevant nor needed to make a point. Thank you.
Life is proof that Chaos exists...
dmc-4359
Stonedownor

Post by dmc-4359 »

I wouldn't venture it entirely irrelevant or unneeded. Seems to be a fairly clear message about protected intellectual properties and such regardless of the good intentions involved.

Everybody gets to serve as a warning to others at some point. For me, these times are generally referred to as "weekdays". Without malice it will end up as just another story told down the road.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

Apology accepted ChaosBad. I suppose we should have expected something like that from the name huh?

No hard feelings.

DMC, are you sure you've only been here for 2 weeks? :lol:

--A
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

I was all ready to post in heady self righteous defense of Av in the other thread. He got in and locked it before me, and that's a good thing as it's all been resolved, and there was no need for me to stick my neck out in the first place. That said, since this thread is an apology thread to the man himself, quoting this seems apropriate:
Avatar wrote:Hahaha, thanks guys.

We done here?

Cool.

--A
Pretty much all you need to know about Av's mod style is in there. :D

Chaosbad, don't worry, shit happens. Rest assured this board is full of cool people. It's my very favourite online place to hang out. Stick around. :)

As for DMC, it would seem he'd done a bit of lurking in his time, wouldn't it? :lol:
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
dmc-4359
Stonedownor

Post by dmc-4359 »

hehe, I was kicking around for a week or two before I signed up. The kind of forums I'm usually on (MR2 Spyder Web, HotRodders, Garage Journal, HearseNet, etc) just don't have these sorts of discussions without an accompanying display of exclamation marks and various other punctuation meant to add insult where wit could not. Don't get me wrong, they are mostly good people but when discussions drift towards emotionally charged topics things get nasty in fairly short order. After seeing how people generally seemed to carry themselves here, I thought it a good idea to sign up.

Reminds me of how things were before I got into racing and spent most of my free time hanging out at coffee shops and mountain biking to be honest. I still haven't read a Donaldson book yet but I suspect it won't be that long until it is cold enough that my fingers no longer manage handtools effectively and that will leave me plenty of time to catch up.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

dmc-4359 wrote:hehe, I was kicking around for a week or two before I signed up. The kind of forums I'm usually on (MR2 Spyder Web, HotRodders, Garage Journal, HearseNet, etc) just don't have these sorts of discussions without an accompanying display of exclamation marks and various other punctuation meant to add insult where wit could not. Don't get me wrong, they are mostly good people but when discussions drift towards emotionally charged topics things get nasty in fairly short order. After seeing how people generally seemed to carry themselves here, I thought it a good idea to sign up.

Reminds me of how things were before I got into racing and spent most of my free time hanging out at coffee shops and mountain biking to be honest. I still haven't read a Donaldson book yet but I suspect it won't be that long until it is cold enough that my fingers no longer manage handtools effectively and that will leave me plenty of time to catch up.
Heh, it's not just your Hot Rod afficianados, SciFi Geeks, Fantasy Geeks, and any other sub-culture group on the net, generally turn to ugly pretty quick when emotionally charged subjects come up. Heck, go to a "Red-Meat" Political Forum if you really wanna see things get ugly.

But, there are a few places, where things generally stay civil, regardless of the emtionally charged nature of the conversation, and Kevin's Watch is amongst the most civil in these areas that I have come across.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Post by Avatar »

Why thank you Cambo. :D
dmc-4359 wrote:I still haven't read a Donaldson book yet but I suspect it won't be that long until it is cold enough that my fingers no longer manage handtools effectively and that will leave me plenty of time to catch up.
To be honest, I tend to think that because the vast majority of us found this place because the books made a strong impact, we're effectively self-selected as a certain type of person.

--A
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Cambo wrote:I was all ready to post in heady self righteous defense of Av in the other thread. He got in and locked it before me, and that's a good thing as it's all been resolved, and there was no need for me to stick my neck out in the first place. That said, since this thread is an apology thread to the man himself, quoting this seems apropriate:
Avatar wrote:Hahaha, thanks guys.

We done here?

Cool.

--A
Pretty much all you need to know about Av's mod style is in there. :D

agreed. and if chaosbad, you REALLY wanna get a taste of Avatar's good nature and moderate moderation...just visit Hile Troy's Think Tank. ;)

omg, did i just plug the tank? 8O
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

The spelling error in the thread title is bothering the sh#t out of me.

Lets ban him for that. :lol:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:The spelling error in the thread title is bothering the sh#t out of me.

Lets ban him for that. :lol:
You can't ban Avatar for not noticing and fixing a Spelling Error in a Thread Title :P
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Besides, Av isn't even the mod here. If anything, we should ban Menolly :P :lol:
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Cambo wrote:Besides, Av isn't even the mod here. If anything, we should ban Menolly :P :lol:
hey!!! Image
Why not ban LF instead?

Can't chaos fix his own title?
Or leave it, as he is chaos?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Av wrote:we're effectively self-selected as a certain type of person
*shakes head vigorously* What THE!??? :? :? :? :mrgreen:
fall far and well Pilots!

Post by Avatar »

sindatur wrote: You can't ban Avatar for not noticing and fixing a Spelling Error in a Thread Title :P
I noticed. :lol: I just didn't do anything about it. :lol:

LuciMay...we'll get you yet... :twisted:

--A
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Luci steps into the Tank occasionally. I suspect she lurks more than she comments.

As for me, I can't help opening my big mouth when I get in there... :oops:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
High Lord Tolkien

sindatur wrote: You can't ban Avatar for not noticing and fixing a Spelling Error in a Thread Title :P

--A
Spelling apology wrong is like crossing your fingers when you say "I promise".
It doesn't count.

I'll forgive CHAOSBAD if you ban Lord Foul for a few weeks.
Seems fair to me.

Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:

--A
It doesn't count.

Seems fair to me.
Forgive me High Lord T, that my first direct contact with you involves smart-assery, but writing "spelling apology wrong" when you should be writing "spelling apology wrongLY" is like telling someone off for chewing with their mouth open whilst chewing with your mouth open! ;) :P
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Shaun das Schaf wrote:
High Lord Tolkien wrote:
Avatar wrote: I noticed. :lol: I just didn't do anything about it. :lol:

--A
It doesn't count.

Seems fair to me.
Forgive me High Lord T, that my first direct contact with you involves smart-assery, but writing "spelling apology wrong" when you should be writing "spelling apology wrongLY" is like telling someone off for chewing with their mouth open whilst chewing with your mouth open! ;) :P
ZING!!! :twisted:

High Lord Tolkien

Shaun das Schaf wrote:
High Lord Tolkien wrote:
Avatar wrote: I noticed. :lol: I just didn't do anything about it. :lol:

--A
It doesn't count.

Seems fair to me.
"smart-assery"?
Not a word.
Ban you too.
Ban me.
Ban everyone!

Image Image Image Image
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:Ban everyone!
So *that's* why the Watch was "down" last week! ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “The Summonsing”