NFL Playoff Threats

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Lord Mhoram
Lord

NFL Playoff Threats

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Who do you think are the playoff threats for this season?!
Here are my picks
AFC
PATS!!!!!
Steelers
Oakland
Tennesee
NFC
Rams(we beat 'em in 36 lets go again!)
Bucs
Green Bay
Atlanta
Last edited by Lord Mhoram on Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

NFC:
Bucs
49ers
Eagles
Rams
AFC:
Chiefs
Jets
Raiders
Steelers
fall far and well Pilots!
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Interesting... $cough$ I dont seem to see the Patriots on that list.. theyre in the AFC ya know.... :)
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Is the AFC Australian?
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Im afraid not. Its the American Football Conference, the NFC is the National Football Conference.
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

just found this disc. Sorry High Lord - we got your 'real' QB in B-lo....not that we're going to win the conference or anything, but....

Hurts me to say, but your probly right Pats look to be the best in conf., don't know about NFC maby NYG or GB.

Can't wait for Pats/Bills games - I can see Bledsoe having another game like v. Vikings!
"You're afraid of yourself."
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Forgot to add - for our Aussy (& NZ) friends - Austrailian Rules Football is the best!!!!! :D

I catch a few AFL on Fox sky newtork(?) the most intense, manly game out there - better than rugby and american football (less rules).

keep me updated Vain! (& sky)
Andelain Hills
Servant of the Land

Post by Andelain Hills »

Saints and Patriots
The aura of rightness here was so powerful that he began to regret that he belonged in a world where health was impalpable, indefinite, discernable only by implication.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Well, gentlemen, Im afraid not even MY Pats can take down some of those West Coast teams. After watching Gannon tear apart Pittsburg, I have confidence in the Raiders. However, it would appear that the Pats are the best in the Conference, right now...
The NFC isnt going to be winning the Super Bowl this year...not with those Rams looking so weak.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I copied this from da Hangar, but who cares! It's a loooooong season Mhoram...
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

What?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

What do u think I mean...I'm teasing u about ur intro 2 ur Fav Author thread and suggesting the ur Pats may not b as tuf as u think...There's 14 more games 2 play so we'll c...Watch out 4 my Bucs--they're gonna get u!!! :wink: 8)
Last edited by danlo on Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Maybe Danlo... but not until the Super Bowl! :twisted:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

can anyone tell me .. why when I clicked on this forum an on-line american football betting ad popped up??? whats up with that???

anyway .. *bows to Earthblood* .. an individual with discerning tastes!!
Forgot to add - for our Aussy (& NZ) friends - Austrailian Rules Football is the best!!!!!

... the most intense, manly game out there - better than rugby and american football (less rules).
Well they dont play aussie rules in New Zealand .. but I wont hold that error against you!! :wink: :wink: :P .. and I am pretty confident Vain wont either. :wink:

YOU are absolutely correct .. the AFL is the most intense ruggedly manly game out there!!

I follow the SA teams .. being from South Australia originally .. and both SA teams made it to the finals .. but my team .. Adelaide/Crows .. were kicked out last Saturday the other SA team 'Port' I dont know where they came.

The game before there marginal ass kicking .. 17-15 .. was a delight to watch .. before the last quater I was sure they would lose .. and they made a magnaminous come back!! I love to see them playing so well.

I am deeply honoured and greatly pleased you appreciate aussie football .. well .. we love it!! :mrgreen:

edited to add: AR play w/o need of genetalia protection either ..
Last edited by Skyweir on Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Thanks for the update Skyweir! I absolutely love watching AFL. I've never seen a game that is like watching a combo of soccer, rugby, american football, basketball & kick boxing!!!!!

All with no pads.... except those wimpy men who wear mouth guards :wink:

They do have an awesome web site: www.iafc.org.au

keep sending updates Sky. We'll keep you up to speed on our American version (maybe need a different thread for AFL)
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I suspect there is insufficient interest in the AFL .. to warrant an entire thread .. :? *shrug* .. but I will keep you up-dated by pm's if youre really interested .. but if you watch it there you can probably keep me up-dated :wink: :wink: :P

If you ever come to Oz .. we will have to go to a game :P :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

One of the places in the world I would like to visit.
Thanks for the invite!
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

The St. Louis Rams! Last years NFC Champs (not SB though... :wink:) are now 0-3. They are battling NFL History, NO team in the history of the NFL has EVER gone to the Super Bowl and started 0-3... dont think this forgettable team is any different...
My prediction! The St Louis Rams WILL win their division after a decent season. HOWEVER, they will not win the Championship nor the SB....anyone else wanna challenge the Fuzball Masta??
BTW, Sky...where in Australia are you from? I have an old neighbor who was Australian...and he moved back a few years ago...Eastern I believe is his current location.
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

If Warner can get it together & Faulk doesn't have a broken Neck after that roll over last week, it's hard to bet against the Rams - too many offensive threats. I think Carolina & NO have been sort of lucky so far, although a win is a win is a win as they say!

Still looks like your Pats are the cream of the crop in the AFC, LM. Miami might challenge in the east. I don't know if SD can continue on thier pace.

I still think the Pats will rep. the AFC in SB. Hard to say about NFC....Green Bay anyone? 8)
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

According to ESPN Faulk is fine, and is going to start. Yea the Saints have been basically lucky...theyre no playoff threat... :wink:
Yea, some say the Patriots are going to be the new StL Rams...Id say theyre better...obviously we ALL saw that last year :twisted:
:P :)

Return to “Sports”