Ready to Return

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Worm of Despite
Lord

Ready to Return

Post by Worm of Despite »

Hello everyone. It is I, the poster known as David Williams who was previously Lord Foul for nearly 10 years.

I'd like to express some things that have been bothering me lately and address any who are feeling similar thoughts. Basically the other night High Lord Tolkien messaged me on Facebook and we had a good-natured chat about babybottomfeeder and the feel of the Watch.

It was implied that I helped to bring a less than positive feel to the Watch by introducing BBF here. I'd like to reiterate here to anyone, personally, that BBF is indeed a friend but I haven't been helping or abetting anything he's done since 2011. It was simply a joke that ran its course for too long and I came clean on that some time ago.

I've stayed out of his activities and think them less harmful and more amusing than others do. That said; the more I reflected on my complicity and association with him, I've come to realize that by inviting him to the Watch so long ago that I do have some part in his recent actions, however indirectly.

For that I wish to humbly and publicly apologize. I have also personally spoken with BottomFeeder over the phone and asked him to dial down his activities and be a human being or simply leave. He's agreed to leave. There was some hostility in our conversation but I knew there was going to be.

I would like to put this behind me and begin posting again. You guys are my friends and I have had ups and down and offended some, but I hope that the bad parts aren't the sum total. I'd like to start anew. If it's possible I'd like to re-mod Hall of Gifts. If not I completely understand. It's the only forum I feel any connection with on a personal level, as the Watcher's greatest poster there left us so much.

Again. All apologies. If there is more I can do or say let me know.

David Williams
Lord Foul (2002-2012)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yo dude. :wave:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Worm of Despite
Lord

Hi. :wave:
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Awesome to see you again :D

A role-player, beware
Worm of Despite
Lord

I'm working on a new name to replace this current one.

I just find it a little disturbing to be using my actual identity on here, and I only used it as a way of saying, "I'm gone, and the curtain's removed and here is the real man behind the years of Foul." But unfortunately I couldn't stay away. :lol:

Apologies to anyone who was hoping I'd remain gone.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Help wanted or not? And, if you want your original name back - any time you wish.

I won't call it unfortunate) If anyone hoped for you to be gone, well, I think that can only say something about those people - though I hope there just aren't any people wishing for things like that on the Watch.
A role-player, beware
Worm of Despite
Lord

Oh no! I couldn't give two buttered dumplings what people think of me. I was just joking about anyone wishing me permanently gone!
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Couldn't give? Or WON't? Cuz if you really can't, we can negotiate...or maybe even give a grant [grant a gift?]. I mean, could you give one buttered dumpling? or two dumplings, unbuttered?
OTOH, if you just won't, we ain't even talking till I get my 2 buttered dumplings....aaayyeeesss so huuunnnngrrrryyyyy!
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

David Williams wrote:Oh no! I couldn't give two buttered dumplings what people think of me. I was just joking about anyone wishing me permanently gone!
Glad to hear that, way to go)

Vraith, what can I say - :biggrin:
A role-player, beware
Worm of Despite
Lord

Keep your hands off my dumplings, Vraith. Unless you're a voluptuous redhead.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Ooh, I want buttered dumplings. ;)

Welcome back, David.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I thought we talked more about jobs but whatever.....you drama queen.
:wave:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

David Williams wrote:Keep your hands off my dumplings, Vraith. Unless you're a voluptuous redhead.
As it happens, I am, big boy...didn't you look at my avatar? I know it's black and white...but that crest is definitely red, and the rest is obvious.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Worm of Despite
Lord

High Lord Tolkien wrote:I thought we talked more about jobs but whatever.....you drama queen.
:wave:
I didn't ask for that kind of treatment. I'm a HUMAN BEING. Leave Foul alone!!

Okay...maybe a little dramatic.

That said we did talk about the "feel" of the Watch and something about its ruination. I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of what all was discussed, but let's just say it made me think after a couple of days of laughing off your initial remarks.
Vraith wrote:
David Williams wrote:Keep your hands off my dumplings, Vraith. Unless you're a voluptuous redhead.
As it happens, I am, big boy...didn't you look at my avatar? I know it's black and white...but that crest is definitely red, and the rest is obvious.
You and I are taking our White Gold Dollars and ordering some tall drinks. ;)
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I think we'll all be pleased to see you participating more regularly again.

Welcome back. Not that you really went away per se.

Let's see how it goes. :D

--A
Worm of Despite
Lord

Right. So I'm on trial basis? I'm willing to do or say anything to gain my moderator status back. I'll go create some constructive topics to please the hive-mind.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hahahaha, new topics are not going to be a criteria. :D

Just go back to normal. We'll see how it goes. No rush.

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

:wave: :welcome:
Worm of Despite
Lord

I have chosen a new moniker and "face". I hope it will be met with approval. I have always wanted to be a worm, and I imagine that parts of me will one day inhabit their bodice anyway.

So it must be.

Return to “The Summonsing”