Top 5 Foods

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Worm of Despite
Lord

Top 5 Foods

Post by Worm of Despite »

I've lived almost 30 years, long enough to think in a few moments what are my most consistently loved foods. Not foods that blow my tongue away necessarily but certainly are something I could eat endlessly but feel like I'm getting more than a snack experience.

Here goes.

1) Sushi. GOOD sushi, not cheap sushi. Oh my God, sushi. SUSHI.
SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI.

2) Eggs. Eggs in all forms. Little gooey globes of nutrition.
3) Dark chocolate. I can eat a whole giant bar of it.
4) Chicken alfredo: cream sauce, pasta, chicken. All you need.
5) Prime rib. Rare. So rare you can cut it with a fork. Melts in your mouth.

The winner forever: SUSHI!

I want sushi now. I want sushi FOREVER.

I want to be punished with an all-sushi diet and I think you're a FAILURE for not giving me sushi.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Top quality sushi is divine...
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

just off the top of my head...

1} New England Boiled Dinner - Julie will make this on the odd occassion. i grew up eating it all the time. my Dad's Mom (Grandma!) would make it for us on Sundays. Corned Beef was my favorite. the veggies are usually roots : carrots, beets, turnips, parsnips, potatoes. always enjoy.

2} when I worked at the New Hampshire Highway Hotel for two years in my early 20's i would bring home the same thing everynight. two Tuna Fish sandwiches on wheat bread. with cheese and tomato. and I would get two Canada Dry Ginger Ales from the machine in the kitchen. (we got them free) I got ginger ale because I could drink it warm. Julie was surprised the first time she bought me ginger ale and I drank it thus.

3} when I was 16ish-18ish I worked at a grocery store. pretty much every Friday for a year I went in to the Weeks nearby and ordered the same thing. Cheeseburger (catsup only), well done fries and a root beer.

4} the pork chops at Niko Niko's in Houston. first a Greek Salad (Julie gives me her cheese wedge and hot pepppers) then the two chops with house potatoes. (potatoes in butter and spices - yum) then for dessert, rice pudding - i am addicted to the Rose Water i think.

5} grilled cheese sandwich. the perfect sandwich. i prefer my own. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “The Galley”