What have you been dreaming about lately?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I cannot remember what it was about but it was vivid, colorful, and very convincing.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Work. I had a dream about work. Just regular work and regular work stuff. Not being late for work, not having to convince the Hamster People to run their train around the volcano so I won't be late for work. Not hitching a ride with my GM or being trapped on a driverless bus with the streets closing in. No streets OR walls closing in. Just Tuesday. So I woke up thinking I'd done Tuesday. Maybe the post-apocalyptic dystopia is actually real life.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

That sucks. :lol:

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It still feels like it should be Thursday today. I suppose a Bactrian hump-day is preferable to a double Monday, but still...

Post by Avatar »

Well, it's Thursday now. Here anyway. :D

--A
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Good Lord, I don't remember having a dream in years!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Sorus wrote:Like most sequels, Floodageddon 2.0 was worse than the original, and included all the scenes with my landlord not answering his phone, and my boss not answering his phone, because why not not put it into the Late For Work genre?
just saw this.
Your synopsis cracked me up!
Sorus wrote:It also featured a complete stranger standing in the middle of the room criticizing everything I was doing and making passive/aggressive remarks about how I should maybe do something about all the water. I yelled at him and he vanished, and I realized it was a dream because that sort of thing rarely works in real life.
:lol:
Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

I've been having a lot of dreams about getting my old job back. Those are rough. I am so happy in the dream, and so sad when I wake up.

But last night I had a dream about shoe-shopping. I wanted to buy new running shoes so that I could get back in shape. But all the shoes in the store were too expensive for me, so I decided to walk to Wal-Mart. When I walked out f the store, I was in the neighborhood where I lived when I was 4-8 y.o. As I walked along the street, Dolly Parton asked me to help her carry her bags, so I picked them up, and we walked into a diner. But then Dolly turned into a RL old family friend who used to help my family out back when we lived in that neighborhood I was dreaming about. And my sister was already there, at the diner, and she had just married her new RL boyfriend, but in the dream the person sitting next to her was her ex-husband.

I woke up feeling really sad and hopeless. But soon I became determined to go buy new shoes today, so that I can start exercising (I am forty pounds heavier than I've ever been in my life 8O ).
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I hate those kinds of dreams. I'd even rather have a ghastly nightmare, because at least it's a relief when you wake up and find it wasn't real.

Good luck with the exercising.

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Had an apocalypse dream last night (been rewatching Walking Dead.) Me and the GF had secured a house and were venturing out into the night to collect supplies. It was very still and silent, which was nice, could have been a lot worse. Mostly we wandered around, and didnt encounter anyone/thing.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.

Post by Avatar »

Sounds like my kinda apocalypse.

--A
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Avatar wrote:Sounds like my kinda apocalypse.

--A
ME TOO

Ive had some truly terrible zombie nightmares, this was an excellent change of pace. Reminded me of Dhalgren by Samuel Delaney, you ever read that one?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

I have recurring dreams about alien invasion that tend to repeat and/or build off each other. Always feels like the same dream when they happen. I get hit with them once or twice a year. But for the last few years they've been zombies instead of aliens! I blame the Walking Dead as well :P

I keep having sexual dreams about older women trying to have sex with me outdoors. Since I moved into this house. Makes me wonder if the ghost of the old lady who died here is trying to seduce me!
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!

Post by Avatar »

balon! wrote:Reminded me of Dhalgren by Samuel Delaney, you ever read that one?
Uh, only about 20 times. :lol:

--A
Icarus Unfallen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Icarus Unfallen »

Shuram Gudatetris wrote:I keep having sexual dreams about older women trying to have sex with me outdoors. Since I moved into this house. Makes me wonder if the ghost of the old lady who died here is trying to seduce me!
Perhaps. Whether you believe in such or not, why resist?

If that is what is actually afoot, what bars you from granting her that boon, given that she apparently hasn't yet been released from this plane?

If it is all a load of bunk, then what is the danger in dreams?

Indeed. Isn't that question fundamental to why we are all here on the Watch?
Focus on where you are going and why.
Never lose awareness of how far down "down" is...but don't obsess about it.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Shuram Gudatetris wrote:I have recurring dreams about alien invasion that tend to repeat and/or build off each other. Always feels like the same dream when they happen. I get hit with them once or twice a year. But for the last few years they've been zombies instead of aliens! I blame the Walking Dead as well :P
I'd LOVE an alien invasion once, just to mix it up. :P
Shuram Gudatetris wrote:I keep having sexual dreams about older women trying to have sex with me outdoors. Since I moved into this house. Makes me wonder if the ghost of the old lady who died here is trying to seduce me!
Are you closer to woods now? Could be a woodnymph nearby...
balon! wrote:Reminded me of Dhalgren by Samuel Delaney, you ever read that one?
Uh, only about 20 times. :lol:
DUDE it blew my mind. It's on my list after my current reread of the Chronicles of TC. I love the orchid, particularly. I remember adding it to a DnD campaign as my characters weapon when I was in middle school, reading all these books for the first time. :D :D
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Two nights ago I woke from from a dream that was about someone talking to someone about having a dream.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart

Post by Avatar »

balon! wrote:DUDE it blew my mind. It's on my list after my current reread of the Chronicles of TC. I love the orchid, particularly. I remember adding it to a DnD campaign as my characters weapon when I was in middle school, reading all these books for the first time. :D :D
Haha, yeah, it's one of my top reads too. And yes, the Orchid...as somebody who collects knives, I did love that. And the hologram suits too. :D

--A
Last edited by Avatar on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I've had a whole week of bizarre dreams, several of which centered around a huge bazaar/craft fair thing where I'm trying to find a birthday present for a friend. No idea what that's about - that friend's birthday isn't for several months and they wouldn't have liked any of the things I was trying to find for them. Then it turned into a dream about my father sending me a large amount of money, and a fairly realistic rundown of what I would do if that happened - first thinking there's no way I'd accept it, then thinking it would pay for all the dental work I'm having done, and even if there were strings attached it's still more money than I'd make in two years of work, and I should take it - and again, no idea where that came from - while my father could certainly afford to do such a thing, it would never occur to him and I would certainly never ask.

So just generic weird dreams. But I don't tend to have 'normal' weird dreams, if that isn't a contradiction in terms - my weird dreams always seem to end in a post-apocalyptic wasteland or something of the sort.

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

my brother who recently passed away. a couple or few times.
taking place in our home town.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”