Hi all

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Fireflii
Servant of the Land

Hi all

Post by Fireflii »

Avid reader ... and I absolutely adore my copies of Thomas Covenant's Chronicles to pieces - literally haha! Almost every time a new book in the series came out, I reread them all. So as you can imagine ... my copy of 'Lord Foul's Bane' is pretty much in actual pieces. So glad to see the books being converted to electronic formats!

In any case, I joined this forum quite some time ago and just have been lurking off and on since then to see what is up with the progression of the Last Chronicles. But while lurking, I began to read some of the more interesting posts and finally decided that -- I really like you people and the way you think! I hope that you will feel the same for me eventually and accept me as I am when I begin to join in some of the discussions.

BTW ... starting my 10th or so reading of the entire series in preparation for the release of the last book. Although of course that does not mean that this will be the last time I read the entire series. It's funny but I always learn something when I do the reread about my own life. Thank you Stephen Donaldson!

Cheers all!
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Welcome! Or welcome into the daylight from a long stretch of lurking. :lol: The same happened to my 2nd chrons, and I only started reading them around 2010 for the first time. 8O Although my habits of dragging them along in random cluttered rucksacks and pockets and some getting exposed to the harsh Jötunheimish weather probably contributed to their falling-apart. Luckily I found some hardbacks on Ebay and Amazon.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi Fireflii
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Hi Fireflii, and welcome!

Nice to see another lurker break cover. It must mean we're doing something right :lol:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Hello Fireflii. :wave: I was once a lurker too! :D
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

Welcome into the light Fireflii :D

Accepting people as they are seems to be one of the many strengths of the Watch so I say join the discussions pronto :yeehaa: ('pronto' is close enough to 'Tonto' to justify a horse emoticon. Not that horse emoticons need justifying of course. They're horses. Everyone loves horses.:yeehaa::yeehaa:)

See you around the posting traps.
Icarus Unfallen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Icarus Unfallen »

Do horses and sheep really get along that well, Shaun?
Focus on where you are going and why.
Never lose awareness of how far down "down" is...but don't obsess about it.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, Fireflii.
Be Well Come and True.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:lol: Welcome to the Watch.

Join in anywhere you like.

Have fun.

--A
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

Icarus Unfallen wrote:Do horses and sheep really get along that well, Shaun?
On the farm in my head, yes. In the real world, depends on the temperament of the animals involved and whether they have independent supplies of grass. (Avatar can no doubt attest to the in-fighting that occurs when supplies are limited ;-))

I've actually given this important question previous thought Icarus. Have considered visiting the Plains of Ra but then thought I would make rather a clumsy rider. Perhaps I could just run alongside the Ranyhyn.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Hii, Fireflii.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Shaun das Schaf wrote:Have considered visiting the Plains of Ra but then thought I would make rather a clumsy rider. Perhaps I could just run alongside the Ranyhyn.
Argh, I wrote in the wrong thread that you could be glued to the back of a Ranyhyn with clingor. Although, the neighneighs are probably as stable as Icelandic horses famous for their tölt, so you shouldn't be afraid. Perhaps some kindly leatherworker will craft you a sheep-shaped saddle.

Everyone loves horses but horses do not love everyone. Especially not Giantesses clad in granite armor. :/ At least we receive more sympathy than Foul, who, at least in his previous incarnation, promised to eat them. :twisted:

Unless we could...umm...build a cross-dimensional causeway to Jhag Odhan and import some of those specimens even Karsa could not flatten underarse.
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Frostheart wrote:At least we receive more sympathy than Foul, who, at least in his previous incarnation, promised to eat them. :twisted:
Sympathy? Really. I must be admired and feared.
Frostheart wrote:Unless we could...umm...build a cross-dimensional causeway to Jhag Odhan and import some of those specimens even Karsa could not flatten underarse.
Those horses should be rather flattered - such attention.
Shaun das Schaf wrote:Everyone loves horses.
Do you want to bet anything on that?
Icarus Unfallen wrote:Do horses and sheep really get along that well, Shaun?

I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012

Return to “The Summonsing”