Hello. New to forum, not to the story.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Fnortner
Servant of the Land

Hello. New to forum, not to the story.

Post by Fnortner »

First read Lord Foul's Bane back in maybe 1983. Took a while to get into it. Because I only read a page or two at a time at first. Then something happened....couldn't put it down after that. Made my way through all six books really fast because I could not put it down, had to see what happened next. Then I re-read the whole story several times in the following years. I've always said this was the story of my lifetime, my best read ever. Then only a few years back I was in Powell's Books (that will mean something to you Portlanders) and found a second edition on Runes, I missed the first. I got all emotional just knowing the story is continuing. So a month or two ago I started over from book one so I would be fresh when the final book comes out, but I am burning through it and may have to start over again a little later this year. Anyway this got a little long, sorry. Hello.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Hello Fnortner. We know the feeling! :wave:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

Welcome Fnortner.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Re: Hello. New to forum, not to the story.

Post by dlbpharmd »

Fnortner wrote:I've always said this was the story of my lifetime, my best read ever.
You're definitely among friends here. Welcome to KW!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Powell's means something to non-Portlandians, too. ;) Welcome!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, Fnortner.
Be Well Come and True.

There's been mutterings about the possibility of a Pacific Northwest 'fest at some point, although nothing definite has been planned. Try to come if one is scheduled; you'll be among friends.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Indeed, Welcome to the Watch, Fnortner!

May you thrive here...and contribute.

As a long-time Seattle area resident, I know Powells a bit, miss Shoreys greatly, and celebrate the 25th anniversary this year of Twice Sold Tales.

Take Menolly's talk of a PNW mini-fest this year seriously. We want this to happen. Please come, and if you want to help, that would be most welcome as well!

Summer of 2014 will be the full-scale Elohimfest in NM, of course. Not to be missed, especially with TLD coming out this fall...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm sorry but Kevin's Watch is not currently accepting new members unless you are a Mordant's Need fan.....

Spoiler
ok fine... just kidding.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Menolly wrote:Be Welcome to the Watch, Fnortner.
Be Well Come and True.

There's been mutterings about the possibility of a Pacific Northwest 'fest at some point, although nothing definite has been planned. Try to come if one is scheduled; you'll be among friends.
Let me know if this happens, I might be able to wrangle into attending :)
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

rdhopeca wrote:
Menolly wrote:Be Welcome to the Watch, Fnortner.
Be Well Come and True.

Let me know if this happens, I might be able to wrangle into attending :)
:thumbsup:
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch Fnortner. :D

Long? That wasn't long. ;) We hope you stick around.

--A
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Greetings, Fnortner
Fnortner wrote:Anyway this got a little long
Would you like a sample of a really long rant? :twisted:
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Lord Foul wrote: Would you like a sample of a really long rant? :twisted:
Here's a sample of Foul's regular gloaty harangues:

"Welcome, or illcome, grovelers, to my evil weevil demesne! Did I say EVIL? I meant wickedly vile and nastily nefarious!!! AHAHAHAHAHA! Muahahahaha! Buah guah ruah buarrhahahah! Hiihoohahaha hiihaa neiiigh uahahaha huaah! EVIL RULES! You shall forever remain in the dark, blacker than black grasp of my merciless claws, my groveling little sniveling lackey! Huahahaha uaah ua ua bua rua nyaa hahaha huaah! ROHOHOHOHOH! HIIIH! MUAAAAH! AHAHAHAHA! HIHI HAHA HOHO HUHU HÖHÖH HÄÄH buahahaha huu! All shall bow before my shadowy might; the earth shall crumple and the heavens perish in the penultimate, glorious cataclysm of dire despair I shall unleash upon all the pathetic, cringing cravens of this deplorable land of lack-witted louts! Huahahahah! Rwahahah hiihoo eeehahaha huaah..."

That issue having been swept out of the way: Welcome, Fnortner.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Welcome, Fnortner. (How do you pronounce that name, by the way?) I remember stumbling upon the news of the Last Chronicles, although for me it was before the book came out. I'm not sure who it works out best for, the people who don't find out until all the books are published, or the people who have been waiting for 8 long years. Sounds like you landed somewhere in the middle. Do you slap youself aside the head for not knowing for those other years? Or do you look on it as sparing you so much waiting?

Post by Avatar »

Really, I think it's better not to know. (I found out about Runes here btw.)

I'd rather have them all to hand. Especially these days...I appear to be getting less willing to wait for books to fall into my hands as the universe dictates, as I grow older.

When I was young, I thought nothing of reading book 3 of a series, and waiting until I stumbled on book 1 & 2. Nowadays, not so much I find.

--A
Fnortner
Servant of the Land

Post by Fnortner »

wayfriend wrote:Welcome, Fnortner. (How do you pronounce that name, by the way?) I remember stumbling upon the news of the Last Chronicles, although for me it was before the book came out. I'm not sure who it works out best for, the people who don't find out until all the books are published, or the people who have been waiting for 8 long years. Sounds like you landed somewhere in the middle. Do you slap youself aside the head for not knowing for those other years? Or do you look on it as sparing you so much waiting?
It sounds like it's spelled. Probably no help there. I don't slap myself at all for not knowing about the new books. I'm just glad I found them at all. I'm even more glad to have found myself in the middle of an ongoing story, unlike finding Lord Foul's Bane after all those first six books were written. It's truly an honor to be one of the many who are awaiting the next installment. And a little sad that it will be the last installment. Sad and exciting at the same time.

Post by Avatar »

Fnortner wrote:Sad and exciting at the same time.
Yep.

--A

Return to “The Summonsing”