A guilty pleasure

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Vader
The Gap Into Spam

A guilty pleasure

Post by Vader »

Even though I'm still dieting (low fat, no candy, vegetarian food on weekdays and no alcohol for most of the time) I need this at least 4 times a year.

Baked spaghetti with gyro, hollandaise and Swiss cheese.

Since I don’t have a rotating gyro grill it’s pretty makeshift. Cut any meat you like (I use pork blade shoulder) in thin stripes and marinate with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano, thyme, lemon juice and a bit of olive oil for 20 minutes or longer - a bit of garlic/powder won’t do any harm either. If you feel adventuresome add some cinnamon.

Fry meat in a hot skillet without extra fat to get it real crispy on one side. Turn pieces over and let cook at lower heat until done. Put meat in a sieve, catching the fat in a bowl. Put fat back in the pan and toss some onion rings and roughly diced tomatoes (seeds removed if you like) for a few seconds.

Cook spaghetti until almost al dente. Put the pasta in a casserole, add meat, onions and tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, cover with sauce hollandaise and add the cheese.

Put into the oven at 200°C / 400F / gas mark 6 for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.

For those of you on low carbs you can also eat it without the pasta.

Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Oh boy, that looks good....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

Yes, it looks fabulous. I am starving right now, which is a bad time to be in the galley, lol. I made some scrambled eggs. I am eating them. But I would much rather eat this. :)

Return to “The Galley”