Speculations for the End

Book 4 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: Savor Dam, High Lord Tolkien, ussusimiel

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Speculations for the End

Post by Zarathustra »

Okay, some of you have already finished, so don't be a wise guy and pretend you've guessed the end when you merely read it. :P And don't tell me I'm wrong. I know I'm probably wrong, but I don't want you to spoil it for me. :-x

I'm thinking of Mobius strips. It was very important to Jeremiah, as I've discussed elsewhere. But now [ch3?] Covenant is talking about time in terms of a Mobius structure. Time looping back on itself.

This is a pure guess on my part, since I haven't read anything except the first 80 pages (no trailer, reviews, etc.). What if our characters go back in time again, and leave the Land at a point before they entered? Is there hope that Linden, Covenant, and Jeremiah could live happily ever after in the real world this way? Do they really have to die? Couldn't they reenter their bodies in the real world before the events which killed them?
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Z...all I can permissibly say is RAFO. Knowledge is not far away, but do not hurry the wonder of the journey to it.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Speculations for the End

Post by Vraith »

Zarathustra wrote: What if our characters go back in time again, and leave the Land at a point before they entered? Is there hope that Linden, Covenant, and Jeremiah could live happily ever after in the real world this way? Do they really have to die? Couldn't they reenter their bodies in the real world before the events which killed them?
I so so so so so hope you are completely wrong.
I can't imagine a way to write this that wouldn't be even
less satisfying than the end of Dark Tower.
If that happens in a way I haven't/can't imagine and it makes sense
I will be shocked and awed.
If it happens in any of the ways I can imagine it...
I'll probably burn my copies of all the books.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

mmmphppphhhmmph (covers mouth with hand)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “The Last Dark”