Thank you all for the kind welcome!

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

kevlar56
Servant of the Land

Thank you all for the kind welcome!

Post by kevlar56 »

It's nice to finally be able to post and reply :D I have read nearly all I can find of Donaldson, the 'Man Who' books (especially liked 'The Man Who Fought Alone), the Gap novels and Mordant's Need. I have all of the above, which I'm pretty sure covers most of his work. Daughter of Regals is the only short story collection I have, but I think there was another one...
Pride of place in my collection is a hardbound copy of 'Gilden-Fire' printed in '81 with illustrations. Slim volume (just that chapter is the whole book for those who have read it elsewhere), in the original dust jacket.
I'm still trying to get the FC's in hardbound, but whenever I find them in good shape, they're just too expensive.
Also, pray, what is this 'Tank' you speak of and where may it be found?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

The other short story collection is Reave the Just and Other Tales.

The Tank (Hile Troy's Think Tank) is our politically-themed forum. Search for "Tank" on the index page. Yes, I could provide a link, but I think you should find it for yourself. Dangers of unearned knowledge and all that...

One warning. The Tank is not as toxic as it used to be. Hashi is doing a great job as moderator there...but still, put on your Nomex skivvies before wading in the Tank.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Pffft for your warning. You're just sucking up to Hashi. :D

As for getting there, you may click the link in my signature at your own risk. ;)

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Savor Dam wrote:One warning. The Tank is not as toxic as it used to be. Hashi is doing a great job as moderator there...but still, put on your Nomex skivvies before wading in the Tank.
Avatar wrote:Pffft for your warning. You're just sucking up to Hashi. :Very Happy:
I pay Savor Dam in cash under the table to get people to go to the Tank.

No, seriously though...I do only that which I am able to do.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Savor Dam wrote:One warning. The Tank is not as toxic as it used to be. Hashi is doing a great job as moderator there...but still, put on your Nomex skivvies before wading in the Tank.
Avatar wrote:Pffft for your warning. You're just sucking up to Hashi. :Very Happy:
I pay Savor Dam in cash under the table to get people to go to the Tank.

No, seriously though...I do only that which I am able to do.
You could also pay me to get peeps out of the 'tank...I actually have lifeguard training if that matters...

OTOH...considering the depths some folk get into, and "sink or swim" being proof of strokes or not...I might be tempted to say "bah...let em drown..."

No...no, I wouldn't do that...
I'd drag them onto the shores of "Mallory"'s...

No...what I really meant to say is For God's Sake, SD, he's From the Future and Safe...[he's wearing Kevlar, iteration 56. That's from like, at least 2075, and completely immune to all known weapons except irony, insidious implication, and MRSA13.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi kevlar56
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Vraith wrote:No...what I really meant to say is For God's Sake, SD, he's From the Future and Safe...[he's wearing Kevlar, iteration 56. That's from like, at least 2075, and completely immune to all known weapons except irony, insidious implication, and MRSA13.
And bafflement.

--A
kevlar56
Servant of the Land

This crack's me up

Post by kevlar56 »

Sorry, life interrupted for a bit... Thank You for recognizing the 'bulletproof' aspect of my userID... I came up with that decades (literally) ago, but it's actually a play on my name and some significant numbers in my life as well. If you wander the electron highways and see that ID here and there, there is a reasonable chance it's me, so give a shoutout especially at places like BGG or A&A.org :-)
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Welcome to Kevin's Watch, kevlar56!

Return to “The Summonsing”