The Despiser

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

The Despiser

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

(face borrowed from a painting by Louise Feneley calld "Look deeply - Every second I am arriving 1 2010")
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Interesting! I've envisioned yellow irises and fang-like (stalactite-shaped) pupils, and graying beard and mustache. Then this would be perfect! :evilfoul:
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I am hoping the Shoe stops by to explain his perspective on Lord Foul.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

wayfriend wrote:I am hoping the Shoe stops by to explain his perspective on Lord Foul.
That would be cool!
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

wayfriend wrote:I am hoping the Shoe stops by to explain his perspective on Lord Foul.
Okay, Green thingie is of course the Illearth stone which I pictured as a glowing jewel and this is depicting TIW-TPTP time.

Depite is a timeless being that is only really seen for that one moment at the end of TPTP. For me, timelessness translates to eternal youth and hence a childish face with bleak knowing eyes that you can drown in. He is also hard and perfect and unchanging, like his house, Foul's Creche and this is what the red swirls are hinting at: he is a jewel, like the Illearth stone but not fragile and ever fragmenting. He is a ruby. He has a sensual mouth, he is always at work seducing everyone into sharing his despair. He avidly inhales the toxic fumes of his bane while releasing them to the world at the same time imbuing them with his own breed of special wretchedness.

This is a moment of seduction. He offers you a glimpse of his visage and shows you his precious jewel to seduce you into accepting his corrupting power. Will you accept the powers of the Illearth stone from him?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Thank you. It's a thoughtful take on the subject. I admit I was thrown off by femininity, but you were going more for asexual I now gather.
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

I like the picture a lot. It's different out of the ordinary. Maybe not as scary as the descriptive Despiser off the page, but unsettling in it's own way.
The hand is well done and gives the effect of reaching out beyond the computer screen - as The Despiser has that uncanny effect of reaching out beyond the pages of the books.

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”