Well Met

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Clinton Seeber
Ramen

Well Met

Post by Clinton Seeber »

I am an aspiring fantasy novelist that has been writing my first novel since November 2012. I am very inspired by the Thomas Covenant novels, and like those novels, mine features a reluctant hero called from our own world in modern times. He even has some of the same traits and fears, but he is also different than TC. He is a drug addict rather than a leper. He has a magic knife instead of a ring. He is a musician instead of a writer. He also has a sense of humor about him that serious-minded TC lacks.
The story is mostly serious, but it has kind of a zany humor mixed in to it. I do have kind of Lord Foul like ultimate antagonist, but he is uniquely my own.
My story also has traditional epic fantasy races like elves, dwarves and gnomes. Or, rather, it has my own unique versions of those races.
If I can ever finish writing it and figure out the business of getting published, hopefully I will have a lucrative novel(or a few) of my own.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Welcome to the Watch, CS. Good luck with your story!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, CS.
Be Well Come and True.

We have several published authors on the Watch, as well as a hidden Writers forum, although I do not know how much activity the Writers forum has, since I am not a writer and did not ask to see the forum. But we also have The Hall of Gifts, should you choose to publicly share any of your compositions.
Rau Le Creuset
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Rau Le Creuset »

Sounds very intriguing Clinton. I welcome you to our abode and hope you have the time to jump in on some of the things going on around here. always happy to see new faces that stick around.
"I am He, that arrogant fool who thought he could thwart death itself with his money."
Clinton Seeber
Ramen

Post by Clinton Seeber »

Menolly wrote:Be Welcome to the Watch, CS.
Be Well Come and True.

We have several published authors on the Watch, as well as a hidden Writers forum, although I do not know how much activity the Writers forum has, since I am not a writer and did not ask to see the forum. But we also have The Hall of Gifts, should you choose to publicly share any of your compositions.
Interesting. I was thinking about maybe sharing excerpts from my pending novel and a few short stories that I have written. I wrote four short stories this past year. I used to do that a lot when I was young, but I never kept any of them or tried to get them published. But, when I got the interest in writing fiction again a little over a year ago, I did so with actual aspirations. So I will be holding on to all of the stories that I write from that moment farther.
This is also about my fourth attempt at writing a fantasy novel. My earlier attempts were lame and arduous. This time, I know what works for me, and I have a strong story vision for this story that I lacked before. Basically, I finally learned how to tap into my true inner storyteller. I have well over 300 handwritten pages right now.
I have learned that for me personally, outlining and trying to plan everything out just doesn't work. I do much better letting the ideas come as I go along and kind of freestyling it. It certainly adds an element of surprise as I often don't even know what is going to happen next until right soon before I start writing it.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch.

The writers forum is hidden in order to prevent public domain issues, if that's what worries you. Otherwise, in your own time. ;)

Go read and post and generally join in. :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Hello and well met, Clinton Seeber. Best of luck with your writing.

Please feel free to join in with your thoughts anywhere and everywhere. Welcome aboard!
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Hello Clinton Seeber. :wave:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Re: Well Met

Post by Lord Foul »

Greetings, Clinton Seeber.
Clinton Seeber wrote:I do have kind of Lord Foul like ultimate antagonist, but he is uniquely my own.
You might wish to be carful with that one - if's really much like me :twisted:
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Welcome, Clinton Seeber! The writers' forum is mostly moribund, but maybe some fresh blood will get it going again. :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Probably not. Mainly because we lack motivation. ;)

But no harm in trying. :D

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi Clinton Seeber
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Welcome Clinton Seeber Good Luck with your Novel
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Return to “The Summonsing”