Hello

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

saracen
Servant of the Land

Hello

Post by saracen »

Hello, I have just discovered the forum and am looking forward to joining in. I first read the first two trilogies back in the 80s and am just now rereading them after many years. I did not know if I would still like them.... But I do! I have just started 'The Power That Preserves' and am looking forward to rediscovering the Second Chronicles, and reading the Last Chronicles for the first time - what a treat. Cheers all...
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Welcome, saracen! You might like to read some of the chapter dissections in the Group Readings section of the Watch as you finish reading the chapters to gain further insight. Then there's forums for Donaldson's other works, forums that concern other authors, and forums and sub-forums concerning other topics of life to check out. Hope you enjoy yourself here! 8)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Salaam, saracen. Wecome to the Watch. The Chronicles are indeed as good or better the second time, so enjoy.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Hi there Saracen. There's plenty here to see and do... both SRD and non-SRD related... so take full advantage and enjoy yourself!
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, saracen.
Be Well Come and True.

Also, if you haven't read the Last Chrons yet, be wary of spoilers. We only just unhid the TLD forum. Last Chron topics are supposed to stay in that forum, but they do tend to slip in to other topics here and there. The mods and admins do their best to spoiler the TLD ones, when they come across any. But the other books of the Last Chrons have been deemed released long enough to not spoiler any posts regarding them.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch Saracen. Plenty to talk about, so join in everywhere and have fun.

--A
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Hello Saracen :wave:

I do hope you enjoy the last Chrons!
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Clinton Seeber
Ramen

Re: Hello

Post by Clinton Seeber »

saracen wrote:Hello, I have just discovered the forum and am looking forward to joining in. I first read the first two trilogies back in the 80s and am just now rereading them after many years. I did not know if I would still like them.... But I do! I have just started 'The Power That Preserves' and am looking forward to rediscovering the Second Chronicles, and reading the Last Chronicles for the first time - what a treat. Cheers all...
Yes, I just reread all six of those again from late 2012-2013 after not having read them for over fourteen years or more I guess. I really need to buy the Last Chronicles soon; I have not read any of them yet.
Just wondering: what do you think of Hile Troy? I really like that character.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Welcome to the Watch, saracen.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi saracen
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Grettings, saracen. Is it good I didn't hurry to greet you? Your disappearance can hardly be blamed on me.

However, if you do lurk here still, I highly recommend you to show up, people here can make you quite insanity-proof, or perhaps rather insanity-soaked enough to accept it.
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012

Return to “The Summonsing”