Hello to all of you!

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

paula1326
Servant of the Land

Hello to all of you!

Post by paula1326 »

Wow, it has never crossed my mind that there would be an online community of like-minded individuals..... well I'm glad to have found you all.

I began with these books when they were first published and I was only 25 yrs old. They have been life changing and awe inspiring etc. I would only accept white gold in a wedding ring.... Now I'm ecstatic about the grand finale and just began reading it yesterday. Found you today = profound.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, paula.
Be Well Come and True.

The TLD forum has just been unhidden, so you'll probably want to avoid it for now, as well as the chapter dissections in the TLD sub-forum of Dissecting the Land. However, since the dissections are just starting, you may enjoy reading them as you read TLD.

Comments are always welcome in the other dissections, no matter how long ago they were done!

Search and explore the rest of the Watch; we have topics and discussions for just about everyone.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Welcome to the Watch, paula1326!
(Any significance to the numbers?)

Looking at your location information gives two strong indications you will fit in well here. We have other illustrious members from the Badger State...and punsters are always a welcome presence. Yes, I saw what you did there. ;)

May you thrive here...and contribute.

I am a little surprised that Menolly did not comment on your choice of avatar. Dragons are very much a favorite of hers.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Welcome to the Watch, paula!

Plenty to do, plenty to see, join in and share! (And you might be just in time to come to the Elohimfest).

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome aboard Paula. Go join in all over the place. I'm 1.5 books away from starting TLD myself. :D

--A
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

TLD is out? Man ! I have been slack ! Welcome Paula - and please post often. Avatar needs competition :D
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Vain wrote:and please post often. Avatar needs competition :D
I'm doing what I can to stay at half his pace...
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I'm doing what I can to stay at A pace :)
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Hello Paula! :wave:

Glad you found the Watch. Enjoy. :D
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Hi Paula - yes, finding the Watch is invariably a Good Thing (TM).

Unbelievably Kevin's Watch is fast approaching its twelfth birthday, I believe. However, I also am a relative latecomer... I only found this place three years ago, so that makes me positively sprightly in comparison to some of the dusty, musty and crusty curmudgeons ingrained here. You know who you are... :P

Take a good look around. There's plenty to see and do - and by no means is all of it SRD-related.

(Is this where I plug the Tank? Heh)
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Nom

Post by Vain »

KW was born on the 2nd of March 2002! Those were indeed different times. I wonder if anybody can find the first post ever made here?
paula1326
Servant of the Land

warms my heart to meet you all

Post by paula1326 »

wow, so glad to receive the warm welcomes. Reading TLD makes me want to go to SRD's home and bow down to him. I wish him ALL the BEST in his LIFE for giving us this piece of his mind....
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Re: warms my heart to meet you all

Post by Savor Dam »

paula1326 wrote:Reading TLD makes me want to go to SRD's home and bow down to him.
Then you really should plan to attend Elohimfest in Albuquerque this coming June! Come meet your fellow Watchers, have dinner with SRD, and celebrate the capstone of the Chrons.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Hello, Paula. Welcome to the Watch.
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Greetings, Paula.
paula1326 wrote:I would only accept white gold in a wedding ring....
So, will you come to visit after that?
Savor Dam wrote:and punsters are always a welcome presence. Yes, I saw what you did there. ;)
You may pay attention, Paula, this is Savor Dam (Will Be Herd). With such companay, might not even mention the moment you become Po L'Assorti-N-26
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Hey Hey Paula

(but unfortunately, no, I don't want to marry you...I just had to reference that song, you know)

Welcome to the Watch.

Significance of 1326....well, it is a triangular number, being the sum of the numbers 1 through 51....reduces to 2x3x13x17....but I don't see anything particularly significant about the year itself. *shrug* It could be personally significant, which is usually the case.

edit: I just noticed her location. There is a Yoopers song where they sing about going to "smell that dairy air".

TheFallen wrote:(Is this where I plug the Tank? Heh)
Yes, indeed.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Hashi, it is rare when I encounter anyone else who admits to an awareness of the Yoopers!

As for plugging the Tank, is such necessary? Seems like it has not been leaking much since the present mod took the reins... ;)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Savor Dam wrote:Hashi, it is rare when I encounter anyone else who admits to an awareness of the Yoopers!

As for plugging the Tank, is such necessary? Seems like it has not been leaking much since the present mod took the reins... ;)
I forget how exactly it came about, some weird late-night discussion we must have been having at the time, but back in 1986 my circle of friends decided to have a "who has the weirdest music?" contest. I brought my Yoopers tapes. I won with "Iso Sika". In fact, not everyone had had a turn but after my selection it was mutually agreed that my music was the weirdest.

As far as the Tank leaking....well, we have a good hazmat crew for that.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
paula1326
Servant of the Land

Post by paula1326 »

Thank you for the enthusiasm -- I LOVE THE U.P. and visit the twin cities as often as yearly! The air there is much sweeter than here at home among the farmers.

Since 13 is my lucky number, it just made sense to double it! works for me

This is also my first time utilizing a forum, so I'm trying to learn how to do stuff.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

paula1326 wrote:This is also my first time utilizing a forum, so I'm trying to learn how to do stuff.
Don't be afraid to ask especially if you see other folk doing neat stuff that you'd like to do. There is a help thread around somewhere that explains how to add links and pictures etc. I can't seem to find it just now, if anyone else can, it'd be great if you could post the link.

Here's a couple of tips, paula:
  • - you can block quote a previous poster's post by clicking the 'Quote' button at the top of their post

- you can add a link by surrounding it with the tags e.g.

Code: Select all

[url]http://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24091[/url]
    renders as: kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24091

- double posting is not encouraged but don't worry if it happens (it's happened to the best of us! :lol: )

- you can delete your post if it's still the last one in the thread by clicking the 'X' in the top corner of the post beside the 'Quote' and 'Good Post' buttons

- you can edit your posts at any time. (The etiquette is to add a note at the bottom indicating the reason for the edit.)

- you can thank a person by clicking on the 'Good Post' button. (It's also nice to thank a person in thread as well)
That should be more than enough to be going on with. Happy posting!

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.

Return to “The Summonsing”