A Lurker Revealed

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Soarback Grayhare
Stonedownor

Post by Soarback Grayhare »

Clinton Seeber wrote:
Soarback Grayhare wrote:
Dondarion wrote:Welcome, fellow newbie! Apparently, you've figured out the secret to decoding TC of TC....you start with the last book, then the first, then the last again, and then the middle....3, 1, 3, 2....aahhh, that explains much. But, really, processing SRD is tough enough, but to try and process it out of order? That's special. Ever play 3D chess??
3D chess? No way. 2D chess? Not much better.

I think the biggest problem I had with starting with TPTP is the visual that stuck in my head. I had the paperback version with the emerald green Colossus of the Falls scene. I still picture Elena as a green wicked witch of the west, and Giants as jolly green.
Well, that's stupid.
I think you forgot your emoticon. :|
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Dondarion wrote:I remember all those early paperback covers. They were great, but oftentimes misleading, as I would liken the book's title to what was being depicted on the cover, and that was not usually the case. And I believe that continues throughout all the series. Would be a fun exercise to recap all these early book covers and discuss what is being depicted on each of them. Maybe obvious, but maybe not always.
I'm too tired to search, but I seem to recall a thread of that nature is somewhere on the Watch...
Soarback Grayhare wrote:
Clinton Seeber wrote:
Soarback Grayhare wrote: 3D chess? No way. 2D chess? Not much better.

I think the biggest problem I had with starting with TPTP is the visual that stuck in my head. I had the paperback version with the emerald green Colossus of the Falls scene. I still picture Elena as a green wicked witch of the west, and Giants as jolly green.
Well, that's stupid.
I think you forgot your emoticon. :|
I hope you're right, SG.
'cause I've done the same.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I suspect he meant the cover depiction.

--A
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Soarback Grayhare wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Greetings - oh, one more Giant? Well, at least one did turn out quite acceptable for me here.
I'm not sure I should be talking to you. My grand old mother told me never to talk to strangers, or evil lords of the underworld.

Unless you have candy. Do you have candy?
Some even claim I have a lot... ask Diassomer.
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012

Return to “The Summonsing”