Gosh.....

Archive From The 'Tank
Cail
Lord

Gosh.....

Post by Cail »

Someone remind me again about the terror and mayhem that will be visited upon NYC if we were to try al-Qaida suspects there......Funny how the news has been all but silent about that.

Prosecution closes in New York trial of Osama bin Laden son-in-law.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

It was on the front page of Al Jazeera America but I had to hunt for a bit to find it over at CNN--it was a little blurb under the "justice" section"...while Fox News , once I finally found the article doesn't even refer to Mr. Ghaith as Osama bin Laden's son-in-law, which he is. NBC had it at the very bottom of their page.

I still use Drudge for the conservative slant, Democracy Now for the progressive slant, and BBC for the non-U. S. slant but lately AJA has been kicking everyone else's arse news-wise.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

It's just.....amusing that I was one of the very few people that said that everything would be fine if terror suspects were treated like the common criminals they are and put on trial.

The news, as well as nearly everyone here, wrung their hands, rended their garments, and gnashed their teeth about how dangerous it would be to have them here, not to mention how horrible it would be to give them a public forum like a trial.

It was such a big deal that the media didn't cover it.
Last edited by Cail on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Yeah Cail, your opinion has been vindicated, and you certainly deserve a little bit of "I told you so." I was one of those who was wary of civilian trials. And I haven't heard anything about this until you brought it to our attention.

Hashi, interesting perspective on the media. You probably have the most balanced range of sources of any of us.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Zarathustra wrote:Yeah Cail, your opinion has been vindicated, and you certainly deserve a little bit of "I told you so." I was one of those who was wary of civilian trials. And I haven't heard anything about this until you brought it to our attention.
Heh....It was sincerely meant less as a dig on the people here and more for the Pollyannas in the media and the government.

It's nice to be proven right every once in a while.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Zarathustra wrote: Hashi, interesting perspective on the media. You probably have the most balanced range of sources of any of us.
Sticking to only one source gives you only a one-sided perspective.

Come on, Cail--you might as well get the satisfaction of a well-earned "I told you so" so go ahead and say it.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Jury convicts bin Laden son-in-law on terrorism charges

The rioting is truly out of control. It's mayhem in the streets.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

AG Holder is in agreement with you, Cail:
Attorney General Holder said Wednesday, "I want to especially note that this verdict has proven that proceedings such as these can safely occur in the city I am proud to call home, as in other locations across our great nation."
Time to put all other currently-held suspected terrorists on trial and let justice system deal with them, which will show that our system works despite its flaws here and there.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:AG Holder is in agreement with you, Cail:
Attorney General Holder said Wednesday, "I want to especially note that this verdict has proven that proceedings such as these can safely occur in the city I am proud to call home, as in other locations across our great nation."
Time to put all other currently-held suspected terrorists on trial and let justice system deal with them, which will show that our system works despite its flaws here and there.
A-freaking-men.

Return to “Coercri”