Re-reading chronicles for the 4th time

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

psychotica
Servant of the Land

Re-reading chronicles for the 4th time

Post by psychotica »

So I just started re reading the series as I own all but the last. It's always a pleasure to revisit these old friends for a week or two. How many times have you re read this series of books?
Psychotica
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Re: Re-reading chronicles for the 4th time

Post by Cord Hurn »

psychotica wrote:So I just started re reading the series as I own all but the last. It's always a pleasure to revisit these old friends for a week or two. How many times have you re read this series of books?
Exactly twice all the way through, psychotica. But I've re-read favorite passages COUNTLESS times since first reading them in the 1980s.
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

I think this is my 4th reading too. I read them first time just before White Gold Wielder was released (had to wait for it) and then probably a year after that. I read them again perhaps in the mid to late 80s, then just started re-reading them a couple of weeks ago.

Interestingly, I found that Lord Foul's Bane and The Illearth War were very familiar, but I'm finding that I had forgotten quite a bit of The Power That Preserves.
psychotica
Servant of the Land

Post by psychotica »

i was introduced to the series when a friend gave me the collection (up to Fatal Revenant) for christmas in 07 or 08. since then i have aquired all but the last book. i plan on buying the last one soon as im almost done re-reading what i have so far. im looking forward to finally reaching the conclusion. :D
Psychotica
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

I'm still not on the Second Chronicles, and have yet to buy the Final Chronicles, but think I will do so.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Do! You'll never know if you end up liking or loathing something unless you take a glance at it first. Maybe you can join us in the dissections thereafter, even? :)
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

I'll definitely come here and dissect it afterwards! :)

I'm actually only about 10-20% in to The Power That Preserves now, so it will be a while before I buy them. I get a lot less reading time than I ever used to when I was younger, so it takes longer to get to the end of books now.
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

I do not remember how many times I have re-read the chronicles. I would guess that it is something like four or five times. This is not including the last chronicles, which I have only read once. I am considering re-reading some, or all, of them again now. It is about time.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Ryzel! :wave:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”