Archive From The 'Tank
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

"Rollin' Coal" what the hell?

Post by SerScot »

Here's the article:

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5561477?ir=Green&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000010

From the article:
Anti-environmentalists have found a new medium for exhausting their anger: exhaust. Literally.

Some truck enthusiasts are intentionally producing copious amounts of diesel exhaust, spewing black smoke into the air as a form of political protest. It's called "rolling coal." Vocativ covered the subculture in an article last month, reporting "coal rollers" can spend thousands of dollars altering their rides to produce ever greater amounts of smoke.

Modifications include a variety of components that increase the amount of fuel entering the truck's engine. When there's so much fuel that it fails to combust properly, "it leaves the engine as soot," according to an article on DieselHub.com, a website dedicated to diesel truck owners.

That soot, which coal rollers call "Prius repellent" in online videos and forums and on decals on their trucks, can then be channeled up through "smoke stacks," where it exits onto bystanders (or a Prius following too closely) in a thick, pollutant-heavy black cloud.

I run into a lot of people that really dont like Obama at all, an unnamed Wisconsin seller of smoke stack kits told Slate's David Weigel, explaining some of the rationale behind the movement. If hes into the environment, if hes into this or that, were not. I hear a lot of that. To get a single stack on my truckthats my way of giving them the finger. You want clean air and a tiny carbon footprint? Well, screw you.

In addition to the negative environmental impacts of increased emissions, the American Cancer Society has linked exposure to diesel exhaust to a variety of negative health effects, including lung cancer.
Wow, what a pack of assholes.

There's even a facebook group dedicated to their assholery:

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Deisel-Trucks-Rollin-COAL/142107205897656?_rdr

8,700 + followers.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

This is some dumb shit.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Zarathustra,

Yes, yes it is. What is unfathomable to me is how proud these idiots are of their actions.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Hey, it's not like coal is a useful resource or anything. While we're at it, can anyone set it up so I can piss gasoline, making it easier to light things on fire?
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

My husband showed me a picture of one of these guys putting the exhaust in the face of an environmental protestor. Charming fellows.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

More media-created BS, just like the plague of teenagers shoving vodka-doused tampons up their butts, or the knockout game.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Cail,

I don't think this is a plauge sweeping the nation but I do think the few idiots who are doing it really suck. I'd be... displeased if a jackass tried this as I was driving somewhere in my Prius. It's another example of the moronic few making things bad for big truck owners, with whom I have no problem.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Trolls exist in the offline world (the Outernet, in other words) just like they do online.

To create the smoke requires improperly burning the fuel --> the engine is not performing a peak efficiency --> requires more fuel to run --> costs more at the pump, especially since diesel is still more expensive than typical unleaded. Every gallon of diesel which goes into some coal-roller's truck is a gallon which cannot go into a long-haul transport truck or train --> the overall impact will be negative for both the environment *and* the economy.

That's just brilliant, numb-nuts. :roll:
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Hashi,

I suppose that's what has me so floored. Who is this stupid. In the video on the Huffington Post article the morons are actually putting their face over the smoke stacks deliberately breathing in this crap.

Who does that???
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The same kind of people who "smoke" alcohol--the process of putting wine or something stronger in a bottle, pumping air into the bottle, quickly releasing the pressure to vaporize the alcohol, and then inhaling the fumes--put spoonfuls of cinnamon powder in their mouth, eat ghost peppers, or any number of activities designed to win them a Darwin award.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

--A

Return to “Coercri”