Traditional and CGI Animated features.

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

aTOMiC
Lord

Traditional and CGI Animated features.

Post by aTOMiC »

I have enjoyed animated features since I was a kid. Disney's history is populated by dozens of award winning films that are arguably considered masterpieces. Other companies have contributed a few equally spectacular films as well. With the rash of new computer-generated features, the bar is being raised with every new effort. This year we saw a cgi film elevated to monster blockbuster status with Finding Nemo. Thankfully the Incredibles and Shrek II are coming soon to satisfy my appetite for more. Some of my favorites and some that I just thought were a lot of fun are:
Finding Nemo
Shrek
The Emperor’s New Grove
Monsters Inc.
Ice Age
The Lion King
Fantasia
Toy Story
Lilo & Stitc
And many many more. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

I'll agree with Monsters, Ice Age and Lilo/Stitch! Not so keen on the others.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

edit
Last edited by matrixman on Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

edit
Last edited by matrixman on Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

MM, Dinosaur was a pretty good film. I was very impressed with the effort that was put into it. The story was pretty good but not gripping. There have been other interesting but not spectacular cgi films. ANTZ, A Bugs Life, Final Fantasy:The Spirts Within. All very good efforts. Not all that memorable though. I have them all by the way. :-)

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

8O You have all--? A connoisseur of this genre, I see! And of others, I suspect... :D

Sorry, but Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within left me cold. In terms of character and dialogue, it seemed to use every cliche in the book. It deserved to die at the box office. SHATTERSTAR, hope I haven't rubbed you the wrong way, but honestly, that movie just annoyed the heck out of me.

Liked A Bug's Life, though; liked it enough to buy it (er, a cheap, used copy, anyway. :oops: )
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Matrixman wrote:8O You have all--? A connoisseur of this genre, I see! And of others, I suspect... :D

Sorry, but Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within left me cold. In terms of character and dialogue, it seemed to use every cliche in the book. It deserved to die at the box office. SHATTERSTAR, hope I haven't rubbed you the wrong way, but honestly, that movie just annoyed the heck out of me.

Liked A Bug's Life, though; liked it enough to buy it (er, a cheap, used copy, anyway. :oops: )
After reading a large number of your posts MM, I don't think you can rub me the wrong way. I almost always agree with you. FF is a film that was interesting to me because of what the film makers were trying to achieve. The artistic effort is obvious. The story however was indeed annoying. The characters were annoying. The mythology and spirtuality of the film was annoying. I didn't see FF at the theater, I bought the dvd sight unseen. I'm happy I have it though. :-)

Return to “Flicks”