Insanity of the Left

Archive From The 'Tank
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Many of us here feel that way when we see that you have posted something.

Remind me to look up all the video clips of Democrats in the last two years talking about people needing to "rise up" or "take to the streets" in addition to telling their supporters to accost thejr political opponents when out in public. They have been fanning the flames of violence for that whole time.
I agree with you in that people like Maxine Waters should not have done that because it was inciting violence. However, Trump has done nothing but incite violence throughout his presidency as well.

You people only look at antifa violence because it confirms your biases. You ignore all cases of right-wing violence because it makes you feel insecure and would force you to rethink some of the things you believe. It isn't convenient politically.

The supposed Trump "counter-protesters" that went to Portland recently, resulting in a Trump supporter getting shot, was an example of this. These people were part of groups like Patriot Prayer (at least that has been confirmed so far) but also possibly other groups like Proud Boys, militia, etc.

All of these groups have been know to instigate violence. Proud Boys goes to events with Antifa people, and they get into fist fights with each other. It's like gang wars.

Militia people who open carry rifles are there in order to intimidate protesters. Sometimes they engage in anti-government violence (as in the Bundy Ranch standoff).

You are either willfully ignorant or disingenuous if you deny this.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Remind me to look up all the video clips of Democrats in the last two years talking about people needing to "rise up" or "take to the streets" in addition to telling their supporters to accost thejr political opponents when out in public. They have been fanning the flames of violence for that whole time.
Remember when the Tea Party protests were un-American? They were roundly condemned by people here and the left writ large. Why? Because they spoke loudly at town halls. They chanted, "kill the bill" at anti-ACA rallies.

You know what they didn't do? They didn't take over part of a city, they didn't loot and riot for 3 months, they didn't accost people at restaurants and expect them to make an empty gesture, they didn't lay siege to any journalist's house, and they didn't drive politicians from public places.

By and large, Democrat leadership has been silent about the violence (unless they're trying to deflect it on to conservatives). It took Joe Biden until today to finally say something about it, and that's only because it was starting to hurt him in the polls.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:You people only look at antifa violence because it confirms your biases. You ignore all cases of right-wing violence because it makes you feel insecure and would force you to rethink some of the things you believe. It isn't convenient politically.
No, I acknowledge that right-wing violence exists....but right-wing extremists are not the one engaging in widespread violent riots and burning cities at this time.
ur-Nanothnir wrote:Militia people who open carry rifles are there in order to intimidate protesters. Sometimes they engage in anti-government violence (as in the Bundy Ranch standoff).

You are either willfully ignorant or disingenuous if you deny this.
Why shouldn't violent rioters be intimidated from time to time? They are already engaged in violence so it must be what they want. Incidentally, the ranch standoff was peaceful compared to Portalnd and Kenosha. I would have already rolled out the National Guard to quell the riots.

Unfortunately, only left-wing protests turn violent at this time because that is all they understand--power by any means necessary regardless of the cost.

At least twice in the last 25 years, Democrats controlled both the White House and both Houses of Congress. They could have changed whatever they wanted to change, but they chose not to do so. Why not? Why were they afraid to implement the policies they claim they want?
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

The left could have had police reform this summer. They walked away from the table.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I 100% agree that any one sending that kind of messaging is off-their-trolly wrong.

Inciting hate, division and violence is unquestionably wrong.

Shame on Maxine Waters and shame on Trump and shame on any Democrat that encourages such reckless actions that demonstrate "utter disregard for human life and public safety".

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

That goes for any civilian militia actions whether manned by the right or the left.

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

Rioters, vandals and looters ... WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The Left always eats its own. Portland Progressives are now insisting that Mayor Ted Wheeler and Police Chief Chuck Lovell for--get this--not doing everything they can to protect Portlanders. You fuckers insist that the police disbanded and you chased Federal law enforcement officials ot of town! You wanted this kind of violence, you morons! Now deal with it.

Recall, of course, that in the mid-to-late French Revolution the leaders of the Revolution eventually faced their own revolutionary court for not going far enough and keeping the revolution going. History afficionados beware--the French Revolution led directly to Napoleon. They are worried that Trump might be a dictator? Keep up the isurrections and eventually there will be a dictator.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:They are worried that Trump might be a dictator? Keep up the isurrections and eventually there will be a dictator.

Well a normal, competent president wouldn't ever have to worry about going full dictator mode when it comes to handling some sporadic riots in the country.

That says an awful lot about Trump and how he likes to handle things.

All he is doing is fan the flames. He refuses to condemn a caravan of his own supporters that paraded through Portland, OR and shot protesters with paintballs, drove into crowds of people with trucks, and threw projectiles and fluids at protesters. He thought it was wise to say "Well they are just defending themselves with paintball guns."

He's encouraging the violence and doing nothing while his supporters go and further inflame tensions in these cities suffering from riots. All the while he's gleefully watching the chaos as he blames it all on Biden.

No, motherfucker. That's not how it works. The chaos is occurring under your watch. You fan the flames and allow it to continue.

The fact of the matter is that by Trump's own standards, he isn't fit for president and should be "fired" (voted out of office), just like he constantly said about Obama. If this chaos happened under Obama, he would definitely post on Twitter and say the president had to go.

If he wanted to crack down on riots, like really stop the riots, he could have done so back in May/July. He wants the riots because he believes it helps him.

This son of a bitch is accelerating the collapse of our country.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The POTUS cannot crack down on riots. That kind of response is the responsbility of the National Guard and only the State Governors have that authority.

Democrats wants the riots because they think they make Trump look bad. All they do by supporting the riots is show their support for open insurrection bordering on revolt.

Incidentally, over at MSNBC Joy Reid thinks that the blm doesn't riot. erm....Ms. Reid? Those rioters are holding blm signs, chanting "blm", and often wear blm-branded clothing. Yes, they do riot.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

If Trump cannot legally fix the chaos, then what is the point of him arguing that only he can do that?

Also, I am pretty sure he does have the authority to use the Nat'l Guard. If he's so good about law and order, why hasn't he crushed the riots already?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Ur - Tru.p can protect federal properties in the cities. He did that in Portland and the left howled in anger. The violence is entirely on the left.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Trump could declare martial law. No one wants that. The violence in our cities is being allowed by mayors and governors.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Obi - the left would love for Trump to declare martial law. It would prove he is the dictator they have been claiming for the last 4 years.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

sgt.null wrote:Obi - the left would love for Trump to declare martial law. It would prove he is the dictator they have been claiming for the last 4 years.
He already tried to send active duty troops from the Middle East into American cities, but generals said "hell no" and he chickened out.

It's the height of hypocrisy for right-wingers to have been so paranoid about "martial law" under Obama and then to not give a single fuck whenever Trump does/attempts it.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Its called the insurrection act and it would be legal in circumstances. It was last used to desegregate schools in the south. Back when Democrats had to be forced to integrate schools.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:
sgt.null wrote:Obi - the left would love for Trump to declare martial law. It would prove he is the dictator they have been claiming for the last 4 years.
He already tried to send active duty troops from the Middle East into American cities, but generals said "hell no" and he chickened out.

It's the height of hypocrisy for right-wingers to have been so paranoid about "martial law" under Obama and then to not give a single fuck whenever Trump does/attempts it.
The height of hypocrisy indeed ... that’s the travesty of hardcore partisan politics ... it is no longer about whats right or whats best ... 😔
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

The left was paranoid about martial law under Bush, and that he wouldn't leave office and all that stuff.

It's all just fighting about trading places is all. :D

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - i posted the other side of the debate. For some resdon you seem to be incapable of seeing the violence done by the protesters. You ignore their body count. Not sure why. There are vids on youtube. I can post more if you like.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

sgt.null wrote:Its called the insurrection act and it would be legal in circumstances. It was last used to desegregate schools in the south. Back when Democrats had to be forced to integrate schools.
This is correct, however he would be far better served letting the governors handle - or fail to handle - the situation. More rioting equals more votes for Trump.

Further helping Trump, Nancy Pelosi breaks SF rules to get her hair done.
Nancy Pelosi has been photographed in a San Francisco hair salon without a face covering, breaking the city's coronavirus prevention rules.

Footage captured on a security camera obtained by Fox News, showed the Democrat House speaker without a mask as she walked through the salon.

Salons in San Francisco have been closed during the coronavirus pandemic, with limited outdoor operations beginning only on Tuesday. The footage, showing Pelosi walking through the eSalon with a face mask around her neck, was filmed during an appointment on Monday.

Pelosi has regularly told Americans to wear masks and follow the guidelines intended to limit the spread of coronavirus.

Salon owner, Erica Kious, said one of her hairstylists who rents a chair at the business had opened it especially for Pelosi's appointment.

"It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can't work," Kious told Fox News.

"We have been shut down for so long, not just me, but most of the small businesses and I just can't - it's a feeling - a feeling of being deflated, helpless and honestly beaten down," she added.

Kious said that according to her interpretation of the coronavirus safety precautions blow-drying hair was prohibited for salons.

She added: "I have been fighting for six months for a business that took me 12 years to build to reopen," she said. "I am a single mom, I have two small children, and I have no income."

"We're supposed to look up to this woman, right? It is just disturbing."
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The Left does not follow the rules they insist that everyone else follow. Some animals are more equal than others.

Pelosi is now blaming the salon owner for allowing her to enter without a mask.

The POTUS can not activate the National Guard and the military cannot be deployed domestically except for emergency assistance needs such as after a hurricane.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Yeah, I don't buy the Nancy Pelosi thing helping Trump in 2020. It has literally nothing to do with Biden.

Return to “Coercri”