New single from my upcoming EP!

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

New single from my upcoming EP!

Post by JazFusion »

So I've been doing the music thing for a bit, and was approached by someone while gigging out who would help me record/produce. We've finally finished a song, and I'm so excited to share it with you!

https://soundcloud.com/jasminemannmusic/mountain-green

And if you can/want, I have a donations page to reserve your copy ahead of time!

https://www.gofundme.com/jasminemannmusic
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Not exactly my kind of music, but beautiful singing! Do you play the guitar on this, too?

I recently wrote and recorded a song myself, basically a demo using Mac Logic Pro, so I was paying particular attention to the recording itself. It sounds professional. Nice job.

A musician/festival manager friend of mine helped me out on my song. The process was so much fun, I think I'm going to buy the software myself so I can record all my songs. I haven't written much in years, but I did this one for a special occasion, and had blast playing guitar, bass, and doing the main and backup vocals myself. My buddy played the drums. Wrote and recorded in about 2 days. A rush job--I'd like to go back and redo everything. Yours sounds perfect. How long did it take to get it done?
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Jaz - this is excellent news! congratulations and continued success!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Wow. Loved it. Beautiful song all around especially the vocals. Very clean professional performance and recording. Very well done.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

What was that old ad slogan for 7-Up? Crisp, clean, and refreshing--all adjectives which accurately describe this track.

It is a shame you aren't in the Metroplex (as far as I know); you could send the track to KNON, a local station which is always willing to play new/local artists. Even if you couldn't make it to their studio one of the DJs might play the song anyway, giving you air time.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Zarathustra wrote:Not exactly my kind of music, but beautiful singing! Do you play the guitar on this, too?

I recently wrote and recorded a song myself, basically a demo using Mac Logic Pro, so I was paying particular attention to the recording itself. It sounds professional. Nice job.

A musician/festival manager friend of mine helped me out on my song. The process was so much fun, I think I'm going to buy the software myself so I can record all my songs. I haven't written much in years, but I did this one for a special occasion, and had blast playing guitar, bass, and doing the main and backup vocals myself. My buddy played the drums. Wrote and recorded in about 2 days. A rush job--I'd like to go back and redo everything. Yours sounds perfect. How long did it take to get it done?
Thank you! Yes, I did play the acoustic guitar you hear in the mix. My producer played the electric guitar, baritone guitar, and the sound engineer did the percussion.

Recording was a lot of fun! My producer and the sound engineer did 80% of the work. haha I paid him for 13 hours, but I'm pretty sure more went into the song. Studio time is expensive, which is why I'm trying to get some of the expense crowdfunded. I know some absolutely mind-blowing musicians, and would love to have them on the EP, but I'd want to pay them.
sgt.null wrote:Jaz - this is excellent news! congratulations and continued success!
Thank you! :)
aTOMiC wrote:Wow. Loved it. Beautiful song all around especially the vocals. Very clean professional performance and recording. Very well done.
Thanks! :)
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:What was that old ad slogan for 7-Up? Crisp, clean, and refreshing--all adjectives which accurately describe this track.

It is a shame you aren't in the Metroplex (as far as I know); you could send the track to KNON, a local station which is always willing to play new/local artists. Even if you couldn't make it to their studio one of the DJs might play the song anyway, giving you air time.
Thanks! :) I'm in New England, but I've already been asked by someone who has an internet radio station in Phoenix to feature my song. So I'm not opposed to out of state listeners! I'll email the station.

Also trying to get up the courage to talk to some people about getting a low budget music video made.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Wow, that sounds great! I'm definitely getting the EP!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I got the $25 package; Jaz is still $360 short of her goal; I'm sure she'd appreciate it if we could get her the rest of the way there.

And no, I didn't pay in WGD$ 8)
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

dANdeLION wrote:I got the $25 package; Jaz is still $360 short of her goal; I'm sure she'd appreciate it if we could get her the rest of the way there.

And no, I didn't pay in WGD$ 8)
Ahhh, thank you so much!! I haven't checked that in a while. haha I'm still trying to record. It'll be out when it's out, I guess. :/

Still doing the music thing, though. Doing a Last Waltz tribute show in the New England area:

https://youtu.be/GgnNyo_IYrk

And still on local radio once in a while:

https://youtu.be/QV0kg0ssuSI

And recording covers once in a while:

https://youtu.be/1B8O5L5pG7g

Oh yeah, and I guess I have blue hair and new piercings and a half-sleeve now.

Return to “Vespers”