Hello Friends!

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

CDubbs247
Servant of the Land

Post by CDubbs247 »

Lots of good stuff on here guys, been perusing the "hopeful riders" and THOOLAH threads, fantastic!

I have a few questions about all of the cool stuff going on in everyone's profile info. How long will i be "on the watch" and where can i get me some sweet user items and what are "white gold dollars?

I'm sure there's a thread explaining all this could someone kindly point me to it?

Also, what's the approximate ratio of LASG / THOOLAH here?

I will say that while Runes and Fatal where BY FAR the hardest books in the series for me to get through, the ENDINGS of those two books had me literally jumping for joy (Runes falsely of course).

Is there a movement for "The Toleration of LA as a Necessary Evil" ?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Up at the top of the forum pages, there is a link on the second row called "stores." This is where can can buy user items with the WGD (white gold dollars) you earn by posting and/or starting new threads. I don't play the forum sudoku, so I don't know if you earn WGD by playing. Occasionally, wayfriend runs a fantastic game in Gen Dis called Win wayfriend's Money. The prize is usually bragging rights and a few WGD.

Some of us have also begged or otherwise humiliated ourselves in the quest for additional WGD, myself among them. But I'll excuse myself by saying I am on a long term quest for the most expensive user item of them all.

However, it's not about the destination, but it's about the journey tbere.

white gold ring, white gold ring, white gold ring...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Oh, and the "on the watch" thing is an online/offline indicator. So you never see yourself off, unless you're not logged in. :D

Welcome to the Watch CD. Always nice to have a newly enthused member. Post anywhere, resurrect old thread, start new ones, go wild. :D

I don't think you get WGD from Soduko...All gambling was removed after the 2nd Depression, when the great gambling glitch destroyed the economy. :D

I'm pretty sure there is an FAQ thread around, but damned if I know where. No worries, if you have questions, just ask them. :D

(I could have sworn there was a DT/Chrons thread...but maybe not. :D ) Doesn't matter...just make one. (Plenty DT fans here too...plenty other stuff as well. )

Have fun, look forward to your participation.

--A
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Welcome, CD!

And Linden rawks!

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Even if Wayfriend never resurrects Win Wayfriend's Money (it has been a long time), it is worthwhile rereading the thread. There is both silliness and some brilliant writing in there.
Want a link? See the post upthread by our Gracious Concierge :hearts: where she mentions it.
Last edited by Savor Dam on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi CDubbs247
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

CDubbs247 wrote:How long will i be "on the watch"
You are "on the watch" whenever you are logged in. Think about it, you'll get it.
CDubbs247 wrote:here can i get me some sweet user items and what are "white gold dollars?
White Gold Dollars...
CDubbs247 wrote:I'm sure there's a thread explaining all this could someone kindly point me to it?
One thread that explains everything would be impossible. But there's a forum - Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help. Also, as you can see ... ask.
CDubbs247 wrote:Also, what's the approximate ratio of LASG / THOOLAH here?

Approximately Noble / Cretinous.
CDubbs247 wrote:Is there a movement for "The Toleration of LA as a Necessary Evil" ?
Pah. There was a movement ... then someone flushed.
CDubbs247
Servant of the Land

Post by CDubbs247 »

Thanks Wayfriend.

Personally I think LA is one of the strongest supporting characters I've had the pleasure of reading and it's not really her i have an issue with.
Spoiler
I think deep down it's the absence of TC that people don't like and LA takes the brunt of that angst
I haven't spent much time on the watch yet so maybe i'm way off but i did a lot of pondering while reading Runes and Fatal and that was the major point of contention for me at least.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

CDubbs247 wrote:Thanks Wayfriend.

Personally I think LA is one of the strongest supporting characters I've had the pleasure of reading and it's not really her i have an issue with.
Spoiler
I think deep down it's the absence of TC that people don't like and LA takes the brunt of that angst
I haven't spent much time on the watch yet so maybe i'm way off but i did a lot of pondering while reading Runes and Fatal and that was the major point of contention for me at least.
Your spoiler is not true. THOOLAH predates The Last Chronicles. I think, rather, that it was an overdose of Linden whining that tipped the scales in the direction of THOOLAH. :P

And note that the THOOLAH thread was started by our noble leader, KevinsWatch. :P

Another thread that makes me laugh, possibly cause I started it (;)), is Thread Drift is Inevitable.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
CDubbs247
Servant of the Land

Post by CDubbs247 »

I see.... pardon my ignorance.

You won't catch me joining LASG any time soon. I can't forgive her for
Spoiler
hijacking half of the last chronicles
. But at the same time I can't hate her because I loved her
Spoiler
when pared with TC
So what TC has a copyright on whining? Seems to me if you hate whiny characters this might not be the series for you. ;)

As an aside, am I using thw spoiler function properly? I feel like I'm being perty carefull but would be open to input.[/spoiler]
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

First and Second Chronicles can be talked about spoiler free anywhere. Last Chronicles talk should only happen in the Last or Entire Chronicles forums.

Post by Avatar »

You'll be fine. :D We're pretty forgiving.

--A
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

... so go out and post some stuff!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

... so go out and post some stuff!
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
wayfriend wrote:... so go out and post some stuff!
wayfriend wrote:... so go out and post some stuff!
Twice in a row, if necessary.

;)

Post by Avatar »

Within reason anyway. ;)

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Avatar wrote: I don't think you get WGD from Soduko...All gambling was removed after the 2nd Depression, when the great gambling glitch destroyed the economy. :D
You don't even get bragging rights because no one brags about their Sudoku prowess (incidentally, I am up to 5th place in normal and 3rd in samurai/ninja but I haven't touched them in a while).
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

wayfriend wrote:
CDubbs247 wrote:How long will i be "on the watch"
You are "on the watch" whenever you are logged in. Think about it, you'll get it.
CDubbs247 wrote:here can i get me some sweet user items and what are "white gold dollars?
White Gold Dollars...
CDubbs247 wrote:I'm sure there's a thread explaining all this could someone kindly point me to it?
One thread that explains everything would be impossible. But there's a forum - Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help. Also, as you can see ... ask.
CDubbs247 wrote:Also, what's the approximate ratio of LASG / THOOLAH here?

Approximately Noble / Cretinous.
CDubbs247 wrote:Is there a movement for "The Toleration of LA as a Necessary Evil" ?
Pah. There was a movement ... then someone flushed.
Note to CDubbs247: Way's info is only a little bit biased. But it's biased toward my biases, so I'm not actually calling him on it. ;) Also, welcome to the Watch! Be welcome and true! :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Hello CDubbs :wave: Welcome to the Watch!
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Welcome to the Watch, CDubbs247!

Please make yourself at home here and post all over if you so desire!

Concerning the Linden's Army versus THOOLAH conflict, I'm neutral as I am permanently Only Partial About Linden (no "Opinion Pending" about it!)--but I am also only partial about Covenant, too. They BOTH have done/said things that have pleased and irritated me. But, I'm in love with the Land and its denizens and its world (and that especially goes for the Ranyhyn)!

Anyway, welcome to the Watch! :)

For some comic relief threads, CDubbs247, may I present:

Covenant Walks Into A Bar....

The Naughty TCTC Limerick Thread (18+)

ABC - Rejected Giant Names

Covenant pick up lines

This Just In - Rituals of Desecration to be Legalized!!

Return to “The Summonsing”