Iron Fist

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Iron Fist

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The first-look trailer for Iron Fist from San Diego Comic-Con. The snake in the logo is, of course, the same snake that was on the little drug packages The Hand was selling.

Sure, Arrow and Flash have been pretty good shows so far but I have to admit that Marvel is staring to catch up and surpass DC on the small screen, as well.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Oh cannot wait! So happy to see a trailer!

Here's what I said about the snake in the DD thread:
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=992738#992738
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Okay, so I binge-watched the entire season over the weekend like I expected I would.

It was worth the wait and it was worth binge-watching. The action is really good and the plot and characters are engaging.

We didn't get as many crossover characters as I would have liked but Hogarth (Carrie-Anne Moss' character, the high-profile lawyer) and Claire showed up. I am beginning to think the entire series of shows is about Claire--she knows all 4 main characters now.

Probably the most entertaining character is still Madame Gao--she is everywhere yet always behind the scenes. She didn't really have much to do in Jessica Jones or Luke Cage but we don't know how linked the Hand and that corporation behind the experiments might be.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I've watched 2 episodes so far and was shocked to find that I found them border line...boring. What I've seen so far is on such a slow burn that I find myself being distracted by sketchy acting and questionable film-making. My wife refuses to watch anymore and she absolutely loved both seasons of Daredevil. I will go back and try to finish the season but only because I feel like I'll be missing something important if I don't see it through to the end. I hope I feel like Hashi does about it when I'm done.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

aTOMiC wrote:I've watched 2 episodes so far and was shocked to find that I found them border line...boring. What I've seen so far is on such a slow burn that I find myself being distracted by sketchy acting and questionable film-making. My wife refuses to watch anymore and she absolutely loved both seasons of Daredevil. I will go back and try to finish the season but only because I feel like I'll be missing something important if I don't see it through to the end. I hope I feel like Hashi does about it when I'm done.
I'm with Tom. I've seen 2 episodes and am nearly bored to tears. I'll give it one more episode before giving up.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The first several episodes of both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were somewhat boring, as well, if you recall. A slow start does not equate to a bad show, in my opinion. Babylon 5, arguably one of the best TV shows in television history, got off to a slow start, as well--the first season is a little painful to sit through now that I have all the DVDs.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've not gone back to Netflix yet (another week or two), but the consensus I'm hearing (not just from critics) is that it's slow, pointless, and the action is bad. So...
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I don't want to read this thread because I'm going to give it a go
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I'm Murrin wrote:the consensus I'm hearing (not just from critics) is that it's slow, pointless, and the action is bad. So...
Haters gonna hate. *shrug* I liked it and I readily recommend it for anyone interested in the MTVU.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I did binge-watch the whole thing. Mainly because I wanted the background of the Iron Fist for The Defenders.

I enjoyed it overall and I like the premise of the character, but the show was sort of all over the place. I think the plot, pacing and story line could have been much stronger with a little tweaking.

Still, I think it's worth the watching.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I forgot I hadn't given my impression after watching it. Pretty much what you said, Mary. Writing wasn't great. Still, one of my favorite characters for more than thirty years, so I'm happy, regardless.

I watched the first episode of Season 2. Not much to go on, but I enjoyed it a lot. More important, I watched the final battle of the final episode. (Who cares, eh? :lol:) That was great, and revealed one of the things that's different from the comics. Something pretty darned cool! Can't wait to watch it come about as I watch the season.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The second season was *much* better than the first, primarily because they weren't rushing production just to get it out of the way for Defenders.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I kinda liked the 1st Season because the characters were ...nice? Not sure. I didn't recommend it to anyone because it was just there... nothing compelling.
I felt that the writers didn't really understand was the Iron Fist power was or could do.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'm enjoying Season 2 a lot more than the first. If for no other reason, DAMN Colleen is awesome! But it seems like a better, more cohesive story.

No idea why they bothered with the DID aspect.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Spoilers for Season 2 below.

Spoiler
I'm still not done. A couple to go. But I had already watched the ending, so I knew it was coming. Colleen getting the Iron Fist is the coolest thing ever! She was always under used in the comics. She should have done more, because she was supposed to be awesome. Now she's what she should be. I can't wait to see what she does. Hopefully there will be a third season. She's freakin' great. I always loved Buffy. She was the best. But she had super strength, at the very least. Colleen is just damned good.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

The end of season 2 was pretty great. Too bad Netflix is cancelling all the Marvel Comics shows.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Not quite *all* of them just yet. We know we get at least one more season of Punisher and I haven't heard anything about Jessica Jones, but we really should get a third season for that show so we can see what happens with Trish, now that she apparently did manage to get some sort of ability from Dr. Malus's treatment.

Return to “TV Shows”