TLC / Discovery

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

TRC
The Gap Into Spam

TLC / Discovery

Post by TRC »

Personally my favorite channel/s.
junkyard wars, Monster machines, Monster Garage,American CHopper,Myth Busters All good viewing.
Last edited by TRC on Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I guess we can all just get along !

Smurfy, simply Smurfy !!!

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I felt sorry for this topic siting here without any posts...
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

so you stickied it?
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

No... I didn't do that! How dare you...
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Well I guess it must not appeal the the rest of The Watch, which I find quite odd, because it seems to be quite popular with the varied groups of peoples I encounter in day to day life.
Maybe those here know of the shows but are just not familiar with the titles.

Maybe I'm just the loose nut that rolled off the peanut bush.

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, TRC. I'm a bit surprised too that not many Watchers have picked up this thread. I watch TLC & Discovery a lot myself; every couple of nights I tune into Discovery to catch up on the latest science & technology news. Their anthologies are excellent, like the Walking With Dinosaurs series. I like the Extreme Machines show on TLC, and am a big fan of their "Top Ten Ultimate" lists. There are other shows, but I can't name them off the top of my head.

TLC and Discovery--along with PBS--represent the kind of stimulating TV programming I love. This is television rising to its potential as a medium for education, not only entertainment. I think people who dismiss science programming as "boring" have it right in one sense: science certainly can't compete with superficially exciting "lowest common denominator" entertainment. It never will. It's up to the general populace to decide whether or not science will ever be "exciting" enough for prime time viewing.
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Matrixman wrote: I like the Extreme Machines show on TLC, and am a big fan of their "Top Ten Ultimate" lists. There are other shows, but I can't name them off the top of my head.
Being a Heavy equipment operator the Extreme Machines is my favorite programming. And their Top Tens are awesome.The one I saw a couple of years ago that still sticks fresh in my mind were the Top Ten Martial Art. I learned of some prettyy BA Stuff from that show.
with superficially exciting "lowest common denominator" entertainment.
But this is a perfect quote of what Americans are looking for on TV today.

OH well that is why I don't mind paying for broadband internet, but refuse to pay the same price for cable TV, With only about five channels worth watching, I'd rather spend my time on here.

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM

Return to “TV Shows”